Home U.S. Coin Forum

enjoying looking at coins through store front windows

I'm not very active these days (last few years) in collecting coins. It has become too expensive. So, I'm mostly relegated to being the kid standing outside of a bakery that salivates at the thought of enjoying one of those delicious looking cream puffs. I do really enjoy reading stories of new discoveries, varieties, errors, new releases, classic coins, and monster toners. So thank you to this forum for freely sharing so I can stay in touch with, and still learn from, the hobby.

Comments

• silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,591 ✭✭✭✭✭

i do window shopping for coins and see which ones i can buy and which ones i can't which works well then that way i have a idea what is out there and for what price

i have gotten some nice coins for good prices here of late

• gtstanggtstang Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭✭✭

Definitely nothing wrong with collecting truviews and pics of coins you enjoy looking at.
    I think a lot of collectors now enjoy looking at the pics than the actual coin.

• goldengolden Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭✭✭

That brings back memories. In 1967 our family went to Daytona Beach. We would go downtown at night to eat. We always had to walk past a coin shop from the parking lot. I would run ahead and look in the window. Cool days.

• Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

Window shopping was great as a kid. Never thought I’d grow up and spend so much time “Windows “ shopping. 🦫🙀😉
    I guess that’s what I would call all the time looking at eBay 😂

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like - and do - a lot of window shopping. However, when I buy, I buy well. I enjoy coins, and not longer go for series. But when that special coin reaches out to me - well, I adopt them. ;):D Cheers, RickO

• johntjohnt Posts: 43 ✭✭✭

I do a form of window shopping here. I'm usually one of those lurkers just drooling over the gorgeous coins posted on this site. My avatar double eagle is the biggest purchase I've ever made. I stalled for 40 years before I sprang for that one. The odd thing about this hobby is that we love to look at all the 5 and 6 figure coins on here, knowing many of us will never obtain them. And we love the discussions that go with them.

• coinandcurrency242coinandcurrency242 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭✭

I know what you mean! I enjoy going to lot viewing to see and look at coins I can not afford, but lot viewing gives me a chance to look at them and admire them. I still can't get that 1795 flowing hair with beautiful blue toning out of mind. The coin looked so much better in hand. Of course, it went for more than I could afford :(..

Positive BST as a seller: Namvet69, Lordmarcovan, Bigjpst, Soldi, mustanggt, CoinHoader, moursund, SufinxHi, al410, JWP

• OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

Floridafacelifter..That's a WOW! Design, tone, history, and rarity. Grand Slam! Thanks, I can only imagine the in-hand thrill!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file