edited March 29, 2022 12:39PM

It didn't "go". They ended it

Edited to add:

Oops, my mistake.

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:
    It didn't "go". They ended it.

I think you better look again! 30 bids and shows winning bid.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,019 ✭✭✭✭✭

@amwldcoin said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    It didn't "go". They ended it.

I think you better look again! 30 bids and shows winning bid.

I sit corrected

• Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,834 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just curious... there were 15 bidders with more that 2 days left to go. Why would the auction have been ended early by the seller?

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Either the buyer or the seller canceled, the coin has an active listing.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203885425119

• Options
    numismanumisma Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭✭

Yeah but a 1905-S Barber half dollar in PCGCS MS67 is a very common coin and the other one listed for $22k is probably just another one that they have in stock. You should know this, since you specialize in Barbers.

:p

• Options

Might have been a return, or a non-paying bidder. Just a thought.

• Options

@numisma said:

Can't be a return from 2 days ago. Can't even be a non-paying bidder.

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 29, 2022 12:49PM

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@numisma said:

If the winning bidder informs the seller that he/she bid too much and would like to cancel the transaction, then it is possible.

Or if the seller requires payment within 24 hours and the buyer doesn't comply, then that could allow for a cancellation.

Only things that I can think of.

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

My guess would be the seller had someone place a bid to save it from selling too low.

Buyer then cancels and all selling fees are refunded and the seller relists

• Options

@numisma said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@numisma said:

If the winning bidder informs the seller that he/she bid too much and would like to cancel the transaction, then it is possible.

Or if the seller requires payment within 24 hours and the buyer doesn't comply, then that could allow for a cancellation.

Only things that I can think of.

Yes. You can cancel. That's different than a return or "non-paying" bidder.

• Options

@numisma said:
    Yeah but a 1905-S Barber half dollar in PCGCS MS67 is a very common coin and the other one listed for $22k is probably just another one that they have in stock. You should know this, since you specialize in Barbers.

:p

Hmmm, So 2 different coins with the same cert#?

• Options

You bid against their book on his auctions, so why not on ebay? I was surprised to see them do an ebay auction, as it is rare for them. I've taken enough beatings auctioning stuff on ebay(and no longer will) that I am an advocate of outing those who play the game.

• Options
    alaura22alaura22 Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

Coin didn't sell, the auction was canceled. It says auction ended, not sold

• Options
    BarberianBarberian Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe the dog ate the coin.

(inspired by ifthevamzarockin's avatar dog)

3 rim nicks away from Good
  • Options

For some dang reason my wonderful computer doesn't want to take a screenshot. Here is a link to a seach for ended listings that does indeed show it sold!
    https://ebay.com/sch/i.html?_dmd=1&_stpos=30180-0311&_osacat=11116&_sop=12&_ipg=240&LH_Complete=1&_odkw=Barber&LH_Sold=1&_sadis=15&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313&_nkw=Barber+MS67&_sacat=11116

@alaura22 said:

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@amwldcoin said:
    For some dang reason my wonderful computer doesn't want to take a screenshot.

snip or ptrscrn?

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    alaura22alaura22 Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is the "F" lock on?
    BTW, not to beat a dead horse, but I still say the coin didn't sell, It was cancelled, that's how they were able to relist it so quickly, for the Higher price

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve been watch that one. Didn’t know they had the nerve to cancel the auction until now.
    Weird!

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    MasonGMasonG Posts: 6,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

From the bid history...

Starting price $0.99 17 Mar 2022 at 7:30:28pm PDT
    Time Ended: 27 Mar 2022 at 7:30:28pm PDT

Looks like it ran for 10 days exactly.

FWIW...

• Options
    CrustyCrusty Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭✭✭

It was a 10 day auction and it says it was a winning bid. It sold! Maybe we can confirm by asking the DL team what happened here?

• Options
    DisneyFanDisneyFan Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭✭✭

A shill? DL? Hope not!

@Crusty said:
    It was a 10 day auction and it says it was a winning bid. It sold! Maybe we can confirm by asking the DL team what happened here?

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Something is weird there... It appears it sold, but quickly relisted with 'buy it now' price by the same (reputable) seller. Would like to understand that situation. Cheers, RickO

• Options

@alaura22 said:
    Is the "F" lock on?
    BTW, not to beat a dead horse, but I still say the coin didn't sell, It was cancelled, that's how they were able to relist it so quickly, for the Higher price

I can relist a coin the minute after it sold. I think you are making up your own crap!

• Options
    edited March 30, 2022 6:55AM

@LanceNewmanOCC said:

@amwldcoin said:
    For some dang reason my wonderful computer doesn't want to take a screenshot.

snip or ptrscrn?

prtscrn

Decided to try it in google chrome....took a few tries but finally got it!

• Options

@amwldcoin said:
    prtscrn

nice.

i've had problems with prtscrn over the years and upon retrospect and more experience, i'm not certain now if the problem was the software (OS) or the hardware (keyboard).

i mostly use prtscrn in fullscreen mode, although if someone uses 2 monitors or more, snip will work in full screen easier. there is a clumsy work-around for using snip in full-screen and that is to do that ctrl then tab through whatever windows/programs are open in the background. it is a last resort to the convenience of prtscrn though.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

@alaura22 said:

It says "Bidding has ended on this item" which is what eBay puts at the top of a listing after it has closed. If a seller ends the item early, that note instead says something to the effect of "the seller ended the item early because it is no longer available."

@alaura22 said:
    Is the "F" lock on?

A seller can just create a new listing, and since eBay doesn't know what items are unique, you can "relist" any item as if you just had multiples. There's nothing about one sale that affects your ability to create another listing and put the item back up for sale. I've relisted items (created new listings) when I haven't yet canceled the sale, but know it will be canceled (back in the days of a 4-day wait for a nonpaying bidder strike to go through, I did this often).

JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options

@amwldcoin said:

well, well, well

i accidentally just stumbled upon this one:

for those using firefox. may be worth trying in chrome or ie.

• Options
    Pnies20Pnies20 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sketchy!

BHNC #248 … 108 and counting.

• Options

just stumbled across this one trying to figure out how to change brightness settings in win10. there should be a bar in the section below but apparently NOT with my setup. bah - have to use night mode which is tantamount to just changing the hue to a light blood red. brrrr

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file