Home Metal Detecting
Options

Octave Mine or aka The Blue Devil Mine, Octave AZ

streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 27, 2022 11:25AM in Metal Detecting

You can Google this for more info.
I have property nearby and live about an hr away.

Within the last month, a 40 oz gold nugget and two nuggets greater than a pound. Looks like the Weaver Mining district will be popular this summer. Temps almost 90f now. Soon to be over 100f. A tremendous amount of metal detecting going on around here. The guy who has the mine takes his back hoe and spreads the ore out. I had heard that the 40oz was in the old tailings. This area has been active for a long time.

I have also heard that he's gone through four crews of workers in the last year because they have been spooked from working in the mine.

This area is between Yarnell and Congress AZ and is about four miles off of State Route 89 down a graded road. Nearby ghost town of STANTON AZ which is owned by the Lost Dutchmen Mine Assoc.

Have a nice day

Comments

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭✭✭

Quite the opportunity if you can get permission. Good luck. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

MDing tailings can be rewarding.... usually with smaller nuggets. When I lived in AZ, the mines I checked, would not allow anyone to search the tailings. Cheers, RickO

• Options

When I travel from Wickenburg to Prescott, I look out over the valley which is BLM land and imagine the gold that has been found. The Octave Mine seems to either be for sale or just sold. Hundreds of millions of dollars worth of gold when gold was $15-50 oz. Gold found there in the 1860's. Everything around it is BLM land. BLM land is fair game to metal detect.

When we go back to Prescott, sometimes we stop for lunch at the Kirkland Steakhouse. Civil war pony express and stagecoach stop. Inside Looks just like 1863. Unbelievable.

Have a nice day
  • Options

So,

I'm at a friend's house in Wickenburg.

A guy stops by with YESTERDAYS MELT. He owns 640 acres in the Weaver Mining district.
    About 11oz from black sand.
    $23,000

Have a nice day
  • Options

@streeter ... Wow... 11oz., that is a lot of work from black sand. Unless he hit a glory hole. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting stuff :)

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

Heck, I would mine it at 90 deg temps for a 40 ouncer. Wow!

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Options

Going down next week, temps dropping ten degrees.
    If you want to become familiar with this area;

Research
    Weaver Mining district
    Rich Hill
    Potato patch
    Stanton ghost town
    Octave

The 40oz potato size nugget was found about one foot below the surface with a metal detector. Plenty of BLM land unclaimed and you need to go to Phoenix to the BLM office to file 20acre claims. Very hard work. Truck, back hoe, dog for snake alert, desire and ability to work in the desert.

Have a nice day
  • Options

I never staked a claim when I lived in AZ, but there is definitely still gold to be found there. And yes, if serious, as @streeter said, you need the equipment and dedication. You can have fun with a metal detector, but it is long, hot hours of work. Cheers, RickO