Home Metal Detecting

Something new for me ...

Went out yesterday for a bit and found a couple new things for me, found my first cross and a charm key for the better finds. Plus there was also a couple bucks of clad. The cross I was able to find on Montana silver smiths site but theres no hallmarks on it

Comments

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice, is the bull rider marked as carat gold? Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• gene2393gene2393 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭

@Namvet69 said:
    Nice, is the bull rider marked as carat gold? Peace Roy

I don't see any markings just what I found off the cursory search it has the same designs as the image above

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you know a jeweler or pawn with an xrf machine? Or at least touch em with a magnet.

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

@Namvet69 said:
    Do you know a jeweler or pawn with an xrf machine? Or at least touch em with a magnet.

I don't I know a coin/pawn owner that might be able to scratch test for me if I can get in

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,489 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's cool

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice finds... Cannot make out the writing on the key... Looks like an organizational device. Cheers, RickO

@ricko said:
    Nice finds... Cannot make out the writing on the key... Looks like an organizational device. Cheers, RickO

I just did some more research and found that the key is a st. Bendict medal of sorts

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@gene2393 ... Thanks for the follow-up. Cheers, RickO