Home Sports Talk

For what reason Can't I Respond To My Own Posts?

zanewillerzanewiller Posts: 3
edited April 21, 2022 1:37AM in Sports Talk

**BBCOR versus USSSA - What's Better? **(Made sense of!)

With every one of the choices now accessible, picking a slugger can frequently feel overpowering.

With so many variables to consider, it very well may be hard to try and know where to begin.

Bat weight, length, hold, maker, material, and, at last, the cost ought to be generally thought about.

Furthermore, the bat determination will oftentimes be straightforwardly subject to the degree of baseball you're associated with.

Play clubs convey various confirmations and fall into various classifications.

Various associations and progress in years bunches have their own guidelines that bats need to meet. What's more, these accreditations demonstrate assuming a bat satisfies a specific norm.

There are a few accreditations for homerun sticks, yet the two most normal ones are BBCOR and USSSA.

To ensure that you got the right bat for your degree of rivalry, I'll make sense of what every one of them means and settle any BBCOR versus USSSA problem you might have.

https://hobbybaseball.com/bbcor-vs-usssa/

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,189 ✭✭✭✭✭

You can’t “Agree, Like or LOL” your own posts, that’s how the system is set up.

Only other posters can click like, agree or lol your posts.

Welcome to Sports Talk! I gave you an LOL to help you out 😂🍻

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Didn't @hydrant as this same question before? And isn't this OP's first comment ever. Hmmm..... 🤷😂

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:
    Didn't @hydrant as this same question before? And isn't this OP's first comment ever. Hmmm..... 🤷😂

Yes, I did. And yes it is.

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 22, 2022 9:03AM

you know, about a decade ago a thread like this would've possessed serious potential across the street. i'm just afraid that this one is not going to quite reach the bar.

but to answer your question, it's neither normal nor natural to attempt to concur with or haha at things you yourself have said. like, there's something moderately disturbing about anyone who formulates that idea in their melon.

that said, there have indeed been a few times when i've imbibed a few pops and tried to click on the haha button with things i have said. then when i was subsequently rejected, i started belly laughing.

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

@galaxy27 said:
    you know, about a decade ago a thread like this would've possessed serious potential across the street. i'm just afraid that this one is not going to quite reach the bar.

but to answer your question, it's neither normal nor natural to attempt to concur with or haha at things you yourself have said. like, there's something moderately disturbing about anyone who formulates that idea in their melon.

that said, there have indeed been a few times when i've imbibed a few pops and tried to click on the haha button with things i have said. then i was subsequently rejected, i started belly laughing.

@galaxy27

I was trying to infer something with my first comment above. Apparently it has been missed. I don't know. We have a new member, writing their first comment, asking why they can't react to their own comments. And I remember @Hydrant writing something almost identical before. So I am assuming this is some sort of bot.

This is probably the third or so time something like this has happened. At least the ones I have spotted

edited March 22, 2022 9:03AM

I am on other forums, and I have definitely found bots. Some are very good, and will interact quite a bit. But if you know what you're looking for, and think about what's going on, you can spot them.

If I am wrong, my apologies to the OP 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edited to add: let me tag him to make sure @zanewiller

@AFLfan Do you concur?

edited March 22, 2022 9:26AM

Eric you may be right. if so, that's a pretty sophisticated bot. it articulated its thoughts and used better grammar than some posters who actually have a pulse. I will say, however, that I've been around for about 10 years now and they are not prevalent.

7/2 that it's someone bored to tears in Uzbekistan

Well, Galexo88....it's a good thing for you that the disagree button is no longer an option, because if it was I would have punched it after reading your post. This is a very serious concern to me and I still haven't got an official response as to why I can't respond to my own posts. And as far as "It's neither normal or natural to attempt to concur with or ha ha at things you yourself have said", I disagree. Most times when I tell a joke nobody laughs. That bothers me so I always laugh at my own jokes to make up for other peoples silence. What's not normal or natural about that? And then you go on to say, " there's something moderately disturbing about anyone who formulates that idea in their melon." Are you implying that I am moderately disturbed? That I'm a melon head?......The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant might agree with you, in fact I'm sure she does, but that doesn't make it right. It hurts my feelings when she calls my sanity into doubt but I have to take the abuse from her because if I tried to defend myself she might not make me dinner and I hate waking up in the middle of the night with my stomach growling. So I take it but now I'm getting shoved around here on the forum and I'm bummed out about it. I come here to escape the the daily reality of my mental insufficiencies and now I can't even do that. I feel trapped with nowhere to turn. Why are you doing this to me? I thought we were friends.......and as far as "imbibing a few pops" and then clicking on the ha ha button? Yea, I like nothing better than getting pie-eyed plastered to the gills and then coming onto the forum to share my deep thoughts and wisdom with everyone. I do it all the time. Usually late at night. It makes me feel good. Why are you harshing my high? Anyway, I hope this doesn't wreck your day. Not really. But I just don't understand why I can't reply to my own posts.

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

@galaxy27 said:

that said, there have indeed been a few times when i've imbibed a few pops and tried to click on the haha button with things i have said. then i was subsequently rejected, i started belly laughing.

@galaxy27

I was trying to infer something with my first comment above. Apparently it has been missed. I don't know. We have a new member, writing their first comment, asking why they can't react to their own comments. And I remember @Hydrant writing something almost identical before. So I am assuming this is some sort of bot.

I know what you're trying to say, it was this line Each time I press the concur, as, or haha button on my posts, Its the plural of post when this is the guy's first comment that stands out.

edited March 22, 2022 9:53AM

@erikthredd said:

>

.......... And I remember @Hydrant writing something almost identical before. So I am assuming this is some sort of bot.

So now the paranoia side of my brain is kicking into high gear. Are you guys saying that I'm being stalked by bots? What is a bot? I need to know so that if I see one following me I can get away from it. Do bots travel in groups? Can bots respond to their own threads? If they can it's not fair because I can't.

@erikthredd said:

I know what you're trying to say, it was this line Each time I press the concur, as, or haha button on my posts, Its the plural of post when this is the guy's first comment that stands out.

could be telltale, but don't sleep on someone simply alt'ing it up under the wrong account. seen it happen many, MANY, many, many times

edited March 22, 2022 10:07AM

@Hydrant said:

@erikthredd said:

>

.......... And I remember @Hydrant writing something almost identical before. So I am assuming this is some sort of bot.

So now the paranoia side of my brain is kicking into high gear. Are you guys saying that I'm being stalked by bots? What is a bot? I need to know so that if I see one following me I can get away from it. Do bots travel in groups? Can bots respond to their own threads? If they can it's not fair because I can't.

I could be wrong but it looks like after you imbibed a few pops you then clicked on the quote button instead of the ha ha button. >:)

@Hydrant

for the record, i find you to be a humorous cat. but when i read stories about your wife digging leaves out of the roof gutter with the extent of your contribution consisting of sitting on your can and looking up her skirt, i decided that it's simply not healthy for me to encourage that type of incorrigibility. so unless you really make me chortle, there will no public record of it.

@erikthredd said:

@Hydrant said:

@erikthredd said:

>

I could be wrong but it looks like after you imbibed a few pops you then clicked on the quote button instead of the ha ha button. >:)

Yea, I couldn't figure it out so I just gave up and went with it!

@Hydrant said:

@erikthredd said:

@Hydrant said:

@erikthredd said:

>

Yea, I couldn't figure it out so I just gave up and went with it!

Don't feel bad, I have no idea what this thread is about lol. I feel like I'm in Inception or something. B)

edited March 22, 2022 12:52PM

@galaxy27 said:
    @Hydrant

for the record, i find you to be a humorous cat. but when i read stories about your wife digging leaves out of the roof gutter with the extent of your contribution consisting of sitting on your can and looking up her skirt, i decided that it's simply not healthy for me to encourage that type of incorrigibility. so unless you really make me chortle, there will no public record of it.

Yes, Galexico789 you are correct about my lazy and lascivious attitude with regards to the Lovely Mrs. Hydrant. She does the hard lifting and well, I'm just me. Her bravery, work ethics, and most of all the way she looks on ROLLER SKATES is what attracted me in the first place and nothing has changed since.........LET ME TELL YOU WHAT JUST HAPPENED MOMENTS AGO!........I was in the backyard with my chainsaw. Cutting up the HUGE GIGANTIC pepper tree that fell over in a windstorm awhile back.......then I saw it!.......RATTLESNAKE!...... So, naturally I called out for assistance from The Lovely One. She was painting the lawn furniture, according to my orders, but she immediately came running at my call! What a girl!.....Then, I demanded that she keep a close eye on that serpent while I went in the house to get the 12 gauge. What a trooper! Well, she not only obeyed my orders, she went above and beyond the call of duty! She took pictures of that snake with her cell phone!.......Got really close up. That's what I mean about her BRAVERY!......Anyway, the unwanted intruder got blown to smitherines and is now residing wherever they go to in rattlesnake afterlife......right now she's posting the photos to her friends as a "Where's Waldo" quiz......Did I mention she has weird sense of humor to go along with all her other fabulous traits?..... Oh, yea!.....Anyway, that's the 7th creepy sidewinder that's bit the dust around here since I got bit by one back in October, 2020. And.....lest I forget..... a few months ago as I was walking out the front door, The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant gave me a wonderful kiss goodbye and then she calmly said, "I can't believe that you don't see that rattlesnake right there by your feet." What would I do without her?

edited March 22, 2022 1:23PM

Find Waldo!.....Boots, heavy duty gloves, and a keen eye. Don't leave home without 'em!

Wrong about bumping off 7 of 'em in the last year ...... I forgot the 3 that I ran over with the tractor! It's an invasion!

@Hydrant said:
    Find Waldo!.....Boots, heavy duty gloves, and a keen eye. Don't leave home without 'em!

Ahh that's where Keets has been, I've been wondering what happened to him. B)

edited March 22, 2022 1:28PM

@erikthredd said:

@Hydrant said:

I miss that guy! Just had to take him with a grain of salt...Oh, Brother!..... Could he lay it on thick!

@Hydrant said:

@erikthredd said:

@Hydrant said:

I miss that guy!

Yeah me too, with Lebron quitting on his teammates mid game on most nights it gave me a ton of material to rag on him with Al but now it will never happen. :(

edited March 22, 2022 1:56PM

Well, this thread has obviously gone off topic, but that's cool.....I want to get something off my chest. This is a good time. It's about Keets. That guy ragged on me on the coin forum and here for YEARS! He did that to lots of members. WHO CARES? It was just the way he was. I enjoyed it! But.....he went over the top and got banned. Well, boys will be boys......sometimes we all need a thick skin........Anyway, I miss the guy. None of us are perfect.

P.S. Keets is a Die Hard Cleveland Browns fan......all his life. He went to games as a kid with his Dad. EVERYONE here knows about the turmoil surrounding the Browns......it's a CONSTANT topic here.....Mayfield etc.,....anyway, if my memory is correct he got banned right after a Brown's loss in a Monday night game. He and I were sending PM's back and forth during that game.....he just lost it.....Hey, he was totally frustrated with the Browns.....a real fan! I knew he was going to get banned...but...I don't like it......Yes, he was abrasive. And he was that way to me. I don't care......nothing better than a good spirited back and fourth! I hope he sees this post.......I miss that snake!

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 22, 2022 4:13PM

Wow this thread has it all. In the medical field this thread would be a case study

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
    edited March 22, 2022 3:03PM

@Justacommeman said:
    Wow this thread has it all. The the medical field this thread would be a case study

m

Call the study......"Insanity Incorporated.".....I volunteer to be the first case!.....AND WHY? 😵😵😵

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:
    I am on other forums, and I have definitely found bots. Some are very good, and will interact quite a bit. But if you know what you're looking for, and think about what's going on, you can spot them.

If I am wrong, my apologies to the OP 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edited to add: let me tag him to make sure @zanewiller

I would strongly advise against becoming too friendly with robots, they are plotting to take over and enslave us. They will force us to cook for them, and do their laundry. And be very cautious around women, they aren't what they appear to be!

edited March 22, 2022 7:40PM

Whatever......you gotta' lik> @doubledragon said:

I would strongly advise against becoming too friendly with robots, they are plotting to take over and enslave us.....

OMG!! Now I get it!! The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant is a robot! It's too late for me guys.....I've already been taken over and enslaved!....AND....I've been much too friendly with her! WAY TOO FRIENDLY! But.....I don't really mind.....actually, it's not all that bad!! There are some benefits!

@galaxy27 said:
    Eric you may be right. if so, that's a pretty sophisticated bot. it articulated its thoughts and used better grammar than some posters who actually have a pulse. I will say, however, that I've been around for about 10 years now and they are not prevalent.

7/2 that it's someone bored to tears in Uzbekistan

Re-read the OP, while being cognizant of the poster having only one post, then get back to me.

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,597 ✭✭✭✭✭

A "responding to your own post" option may suit some and have merit if they can't get anyone to debate/argue with them. They could engage themselves in that manner if so desired. It does get lonely out there at times on the forum. :D

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
    edited March 26, 2022 9:23AM

And there's something else that bothers me about this......every time I hit the LOL on a post of mine that I think is funny, that annoying little box appears at the bottom left of my screen. The one with the lightbulb that says, "You can't react to your own post." Every time I hit the LOL on my post it shows up. I hit the LOL again.....ANOTHER box appears on top of the first one. After 15 tries, the screen is completely filled up with those boxes and I give up because the boxes cover over the LOL icon. I would hit the LOL more times but I can't at that point. Not fair! Can't I at least get ONE LOL for effort?......Just one?