Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1956 World Series Full Set of Ticket Stubs - Help Appreciated

Hi everyone,

I recently inherited some possessions from a friend of mine and included was this full set of ticket stubs for the 1956 world series. I am almost 100% confident they are real because he talked about going to these games all the time and actually had Dodgers season tickets that year. He also had a signed ball from one of the games, but unfortunately we were unable to locate it and actually think it was stolen at some point. Luckily, these stubs were kept in a hidden lock box.

Are these worth getting graded? I have no plans to sell them unless my friend needs the money before he passes, so I am mainly just wondering if that ever happens should they be graded beforehand? I am not familiar at all with what affects the value of these besides condition, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    HBaumHBaum Posts: 42 ✭✭

Here is some info if you weren't already on this site: https://www.psacard.com/ticketfacts/world-series/1956-world-series/1404

• Options

WOW!! Super cool and yes def worth getting graded!

• Options
    fmclaug11fmclaug11 Posts: 325 ✭✭✭

As a ticket stub collector I think those are awesome! I agree, get them graded if time allows. They won’t get very high grades due to the creasing and other wear, but it would still be best for resale in most cases. I think you can still request to have them graded as just “authentic” instead of a number grade, which I personally prefer for lower grade like these. I mean, who kept their ticket stubs in good shape? Most stuffed them in their pocket or wallet etc. So I expect them to show some love…that’s how you knew the ticket was ‘there’…when I see a super pristine stub I wonder if they even went to the game…lol

• Options
    WFFLWFFL Posts: 494 ✭✭✭

Don Larsen Game 5 PERFECT GAME, RIGHT!

• Options
    ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

Nice. 7 bucks for a Dodgers/Yankees world series game? Highway robbery! 😂😂

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭✭

fee for slabbing would be $50 per

IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options

Yikes, $50 per stub these days?…So glad I sent in 25 stubs on that last $15 special at the beginning of 2021…probably won’t ever see that kind of deal again.

• Options
    MantleFan23MantleFan23 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭

Those are super cool! I would agree...I think I would get them slabbed!

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭✭

@fmclaug11 said:
    Yikes, $50 per stub these days?…So glad I sent in 25 stubs on that last $15 special at the beginning of 2021…probably won’t ever see that kind of deal again.

Have you gotten those back yet?

IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options

Yes, received 3/19/21, shipped 1/13/22

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

Would be advantageous to pair them up with the World Series programs pertinent to those games. I used to have some from those series but sold them years ago.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

You've got Don Larsen's perfect game and Jackie Robinson's final game in that lot. Very nice stuff!

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.