Home Sports Talk

Adam's to Raiders. Rodgers head explodes

JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 17, 2022 4:35PM in Sports Talk

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

The cheeseheads can't be happy

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

The last time Derek Carr and Davante Adams were teammates (at Fresno State): 2012 Adams: 102 rec, 1,312 rec yards, 14 rec TDs Carr: 4,104 yards, 37 TDs, 7 INTs 2013 Adams: 131 rec, 1,719 rec yards, 24 rec TDs Carr: 5,083 yards, 50 TDs, 8 INTs

mark

• streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Bill Walsh theory. Better to trade them early and get value in return.

Have a nice day
  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

And now, a live look at Aaron Rodgers....

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

for some reason this makes me just so happy

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

I LIKE IT!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,340 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love it, Rodgers wanted selfish money and got it but loses his best weapon.

Mac Jones might have better WR’s than Rodgers now lol

• larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭

As a Raider's fan, and employee at the stadium, this is great news! It's a lot more fun when your team is winning. As an usher happy drunks are better than angry/bitter drunks. ;)

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Packers did well in games without Adams, and Rodgers was forced to not forcefeed him the ball. It might be for the best.

@thisistheshow said:
    The Packers did well in games without Adams, and Rodgers was forced to not forcefeed him the ball. It might be for the best.

Still his other receivers are not all that good, they will need to draft a WR or they could potentially trade Love for a WR or draft one like they should have instead of wasting that pick on Love

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe the Packers let him go so that they could pay Rogers’ salary.

In the mean time, Tom Brady is adjusting his salary so that the Bucks can hire more weapons for him, like the receiver from Atlanta.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

Bill,
    Since Rodgers started for the Pack...the franchise value has gone from under $ONE BILLION to 3.5 BILLION.

I think money for players isn't an issue in the NFL. I wish people had common sense not to blame player X salary on why the team cannot afford player Z.

Have a nice day

And I hope people realize that almost all the publicity about Rodgers is coming to sports writers from the front office. Writers are desperate for material and Rodgers isn't the one feeding the pigs.

Have a nice day
  • DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

@larryallen73 said:
    As a Raider's fan, and employee at the stadium, this is great news! It's a lot more fun when your team is winning. As an usher happy drunks are better than angry/bitter drunks. ;)

At least you will only have to deal with angry/bitter drunks a couple years until the Raiders move on to the next town.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

@streeter said:
    Bill,
    Since Rodgers started for the Pack...the franchise value has gone from under $ONE BILLION to 3.5 BILLION.

I think money for players isn't an issue in the NFL. I wish people had common sense not to blame player X salary on why the team cannot afford player Z.

Er, there is something called a salary cap, so Bill is right, they only have so much to spend..........

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...

Space,
    His salary cap hit is $22mil. Not enough to prevent the signing of quality players. I have believed small town teams cry the blues just a tad too much for my taste.

I'm not ready to throw a piti party for the Pack.
    Since Rodgers has played for the Pack, that franchise has more than tripled in value. And the front office has the ability to shuffle money around with Rodgers consent, which he has never denied.

I'm a Cal grad. I played 47-50yrs ago for Cal. I'm an unabashed Rodgers supporter. Some people here think he's an idiot and a punk. He is neither. He's taken control of his career. He has an unorthodox private life. That's his business. I dare say the same could be said for many here.

He's not a criminal thug. He hasn't embarrassed the team. Well, maybe a little. 🙄

Have a nice day
  • 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t get the hate of Rodgers from fans or press.
    All he’s done is play and win games. True his playoff record is dismal but he has a ring and multiple MVP trophies.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

@2dueces said:
    All he’s done is play and win games. True his playoff record is dismal but he has a ring and multiple MVP trophies.

It’s easy, he is a Prima Dona and blames everyone else but himself for a loss.

He gets locked in on a favorite receiver every year and forces the ball to said receiver over and over again and it’s hurt his team more than once.

I’ve seen him force the ball to Adams while he is in tight double coverage rather than hit another player that is open. Remember last year during a key game he drilled the ball to Adams with three guys draped all over him rather than run the 5 or so yards to the end zone? Plays like that happen more often than not with him.

edited March 21, 2022 12:34PM

Bill,

I thought that the salary cap had nothing to do with the value of the franchise. If that were true, the Dallas Cowboys and probably the New York Giants. they sign whomever they want.

The growth in value for NFL franchises is from expanded fan demand has increased the value, not Aaron Rogers alone.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

@streeter said:
    Space,
    His salary cap hit is $22mil. Not enough to prevent the signing of quality players. I have believed small town teams cry the blues just a tad too much for my taste.

I'm not ready to throw a piti party for the Pack.
    Since Rodgers has played for the Pack, that franchise has more than tripled in value. And the front office has the ability to shuffle money around with Rodgers consent, which he has never denied.

I'm a Cal grad. I played 47-50yrs ago for Cal. I'm an unabashed Rodgers supporter. Some people here think he's an idiot and a punk. He is neither. He's taken control of his career. He has an unorthodox private life. That's his business. I dare say the same could be said for many here.

He's not a criminal thug. He hasn't embarrassed the team. Well, maybe a little. 🙄

I hate to agree, but being weird is not a crime.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set

@BillJones said:

Bill,

I thought that the salary cap had nothing to do with the value of the franchise. If that were true, the Dallas Cowboys and probably the New York Giants. they sign whomever they want.

The growth in value for NFL franchises is from expanded fan demand has increased the value, not Aaron Rogers alone.

Bill,
    the value of a franchise is determined by how much income( and Goodwill) it has. The salary cap is determined by negotiation of a percentage of that 32 team income, 47%.

So ....if income doubles, and if the percentage stays the same, then cap doubles. The franchise value does not determine cap space, the overall team incomes determine(s) both individual franchise value and overall cap space.
    The Pack is the 11th highest valued NFL franchise. IN THE SMALLEST MARKET. I believe Rodgers and his performance has something to do with that. I might be in error.

Confusing? I did my best.

Have a nice day

Green Bay has a unique situation. The fans own the team. In order to buy seats you have to be a shareholder. Being a shareholder doesn't get you anything except the right to buy seats. You don't get any dividends.

I know this because my brother-in-law lived out there for a while and became a shareholder. He lives near Philadelphia now and gets to suffer with the rest of the Eagle's fans. I'm old Eagle fan from my childhood.

@perkdog said:

@2dueces said:

He gets locked in on a favorite receiver every year and forces the ball to said receiver over and over again and it’s hurt his team more than once.

I’ve seen him force the ball to Adams while he is in tight double coverage rather than hit another player that is open. Remember last year during a key game he drilled the ball to Adams with three guys draped all over him rather than run the 5 or so yards to the end zone? Plays like that happen more often than not with him.

I remember the play. Every QB has had their moments.
    There have been a ton of prima Dona’s in sports. More than a few have less success than Rodgers.
    If polling the GM’s in the league who they’d like as their franchise QB, Rodgers would be in the top 5.
    The media has a lot to do with image and this last year with his stance tainted him with a certain # of the public. I think it was total BS but it is what it is

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
    edited March 24, 2022 4:48PM

@2dueces said:

@perkdog said:

@2dueces said:

There have been a ton of prima Dona’s in sports. More than a few have less success than Rodgers.
    If polling the GM’s in the league who they’d like as their franchise QB, Rodgers would be in the top 5.
    The media has a lot to do with image and this last year with his stance tainted him with a certain # of the public. I think it was total BS but it is what it is

Joe, I’m pretty sure we are cut from a very similar cloth. Without getting Todd furious at me I will refrain from going heavy into the topic that we both agree on but I will say that what he pulled last year was BS, he should have been a man and publicly stated his beliefs, secondly the utter nonsense he put the team through about retiring, not sure if he was going to sit out ect.. was more BS.

Either way I don’t know what the Packers are thinking, they give him exactly what he wants then because of it they dismantled the team around him, so now they have Rodgers with literally next to zero pieces to help him succeed.

• VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

@BillJones said:
    Green Bay has a unique situation. The fans own the team. In order to buy seats you have to be a shareholder. Being a shareholder doesn't get you anything except the right to buy seats. You don't get any dividends.

Okay, dumb question - with a normal team the owner keeps the profits. What happens to the profits in GB?

@perkdog said:

@2dueces said:

@perkdog said:

@2dueces said:

Joe, I’m pretty sure we are cut from a very similar cloth. Without getting Todd furious at me I will refrain from going heavy into the topic that we both agree on but I will say that what he pulled last year was BS, he should have been a man and publicly stated his beliefs, secondly the utter nonsense he put the team through about retiring, not sure if he was going to sit out ect.. was more BS.

Either way I don’t know what the Packers are thinking, they give him exactly what he wants then because of it they dismantled the team around him, so now they have Rodgers with literally next to zero pieces to help him succeed.

Agreed. He has done some head scratching antics this last year. The NFL has had some characters. At least he hasn’t murdered anyone that we know of or murdered dogs and then received a high paying TV gig. Or accused of murder and received a high paying TV gig. Or maybe had a little too much contact from massage therapists and received $230M.
    His antics certainly pale in comparison

W.C.Fields

As a huge Patriots fan, and Brady > @VikingDude said:

@BillJones said:

Okay, dumb question - with a normal team the owner keeps the profits. What happens to the profits in GB?

Someone here will know more than me. I remember reading that it goes into some fund and perhaps to community stuff. But like I said, I am not totally sure.

@VikingDude said:

@BillJones said:

I'll have to ask my brother-in-law. He bought the shares he needed to get tickets when he lived there and sold them when he moved. He said that the shares had no value once you were not in a position to use tickets

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 25, 2022 7:02AM

@VikingDude said:

it's way too early for this, but i'll take this one and unleash a little financial nerdiness.

Packers stock is functionally worthless and therefore is not a financial investment. it is considered "common stock" that does not pay dividends, cannot increase in value, and does not include any equity. the Packers are a non-profit organization, thus money is funneled into a corporate reserve fund and used for things like renovation projects on the stadium and philanthropic endeavors (charities). also, it's not publicly traded. so if one day you get a wild hair and think, "hey, i want to own a piece of Aaron Rodgers!!!"............well, you've gotta find an existing shareholder willing to give it up before that can happen.

now if you'll excuse me, i'm going to exit this conversation and track down the thread that details the first time hydrant tried to get in his wife's pants.

@galaxy27 said:

@VikingDude said:

it's way too early for this, but i'll take this one and unleash a little financial nerdiness.

Packers stock is functionally worthless and therefore is not a financial investment. it is considered "common stock" that does not pay dividends, cannot increase in value, and does not include any equity. the Packers are a non-profit organization, thus money is funneled into a corporate reserve fund and used for things like renovation projects on the stadium and philanthropic endeavors (charities). also, it's not publicly traded. so if one day you get a wild hair and think, "hey, i want to own a piece of Aaron Rodgers!!!"............well, you've gotta find an existing shareholder willing to give it up before that can happen.

now if you'll excuse me, i'm going to exit this conversation and track down the thread that details the first time hydrant tried to get in his wife's pants.

I think I remember a story about a first date at a football game. And everyone taking pictures of them. And Mrs Hydrant asking something like "is all of this attention for me?" ... And perhaps they were actually just photographing @Hydrant