Home Sports Talk

It sounds like Baker Mayfield is leaving Cleveland

2»

Comments

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:
    He won't be a back up on the Browns

m

I agree 100% but….. If they don’t find a trade partner will they keep him as a back up for Watsons suspension? Dumb thought but what’s he worth?
    Cut him and get nothing for a former #1 pick or grab a 6th rounder?

Thoughts?

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭✭✭

Whether they keep him or cut him he's still going to cost just under 19M for the Browns this season. Maybe they should find a trade partner even if it requires CLE sending Baker & a 6th somewhere for a 4th or something similar. By trading him it will be the only way they don't end up with 19M in dead money.

They could also try trading him straight up for a player with similar salary.

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 23, 2022 12:45PM

@2dueces

I can't see Cleveland creating dissension in the locker room and Baker is gone. I think Brisset is the suspension bridge. My people are telling me 8 games. Too bad Cleveland has a week 13 bye.

If Cleveland can't find a trading partner then they will cut him. He has very little trade value and Cleveland has zero leverage. I think Pittsburgh will be all over Mayfield if he is dropped and it gives Baker the revenge narrative

I'm shocked that Will Fuller hasn't signed with Cleveland yet. He has max chemistry with Watson

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......