Home Precious Metals

ASE Dansco Collection

erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have had my BU silver eagle dansco filled for some time and I still enjoy the coins and have added to them yearly. However, with the increase in silver prices, selling has crossed my mind. At what silver price would you sell YOUR eagle collection?

Comments

• DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭

Last time I sold spot was near 45 but the premiums were nothing like today. I’ll be looking seriously to sell if spot goes to 35. The way I see it, silver has spiked twice in my lifetime. If it does it again I better seize my last chance.

• shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm in the exact same boat. I have cashed in on two peaks, but I always find a stack of stuff I forgot to send. Lol. Now I'm waiting to pick a spot (pun intended) to sell.

ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just started putting another album together. I'll take yours.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am considering parting with some gold... but silver will stay... maybe if it hits $45-50... For now, maybe sell a couple of AGE proofs.... Cheers, RickO

• LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    I am considering parting with some gold... but silver will stay... maybe if it hits $45-50... For now, maybe sell a couple of AGE proofs.... Cheers, RickO

Ricko, you deserve it after picking up the bulk of your Gold stack back when it was low triple digits!

I love your 1/10th AGE with the unfinished proof dies... if you ever decide to let that one go I would keep it in my collection and even get a hologram "Ricko" sticker for it lol.

It's all about what the people want...

• LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

ASEs have been kind of boring to me, so I don't tend to keep them around, but a few years ago I bought a filled Dansco Album to have one of each date in a nice book. I don't have any plans on selling it for many years barring some emergency situation where I needed to drum up cash quickly... after all they are very liquid.

For now I will take them out and enjoy them from time to time (its quite an impressive & heavy book!)

It's all about what the people want...

• JJMJJM Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭✭✭

As far as my ASE Dansco, never. My eldest daughter will get it as she was born in 86. Mine is 50/50, toners/white.
    All dates are filled, all 69s/70s, number of crackouts

Im still sitting on a number of 10oz+ silver bars that im willing to sell

👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37
  • blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭✭✭

Book I sold last year (86-21 type I) was at spot +$8 per coin. Silver was about $1.50ozt higher than it is now. I sold cash local craigslist.

Recent sales on ebay, same 36 coins seem to be averaging $1300-$1400 ($36-$38 per coin, $10-$12 over). But then there's shipping and the outrageous fees. You'll lose about $160-$180 or so when it's all said and done.

I still hold a couple of books. I don't really have a price to sell in mind but I'm more about the GSR, when the ratio is favorable to dump gutter for gold I'm all up in it. RGDS!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,412 ✭✭✭✭✭

im thinking along the same lines of $35 an ounce