Home Sports Talk
Options

So Aaron Rodgers re antes with GB at 50M a year. The guarantee money is robust

JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 8, 2022 9:42AM in Sports Talk

4 years. 200 million. Nice round number

The Packers and quarterback Aaron Rodgers have agreed to terms on a four-year, $200 million deal that makes him the highest-paid player on an annual basis in NFL history, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday. The reigning MVP will get a whopping $153 million guaranteed and his cap number will go down.

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

but what will DD post about?

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭✭✭

INSANITY

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,195 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Alfonz24 said:
    but what will DD post about?

His inabillity to beat the 49ers in the playoffs seems like a decent place to start, let's try that.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,593 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hopefully they get into such huge cap
    Issues that they can’t keep Adams and other key players now, Rodgers got what he really wanted and it’s a shame Green Bay caved to him.

• Options
    tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭✭

Rodgers = GREED
    Packers = STUPID

No one is worth that kind of money!

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,513 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 8, 2022 11:24AM

Given his success rate in recent post season play, he is getting grossly over paid.

If he's worth $50 million a season, what was Tom Brady worth?

Given the salary cap, it's looks like Rogers will be on the field with a high school team making the minimum wage. When they have to dig his body out of the turf after he's been run over by a couple 300 pound linemen, he might get the message that greed doesn't pay.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

And Greg Jennings called out Aaron Rodgers a few weeks ago for being a selfish guy, and Aaron Rodgers denied that he was seeking this huge contract, he is a selfish, greedy, liar!

• Options

The average football game lasts 3 hours. Of course there can be multiple overtimes, but my research shows 3 hours +/- a bit.
    So, Mr one superbowl win will be paid $50m per season, the season being 17 games long, so here's the math.

$50,000,000/17 = $2,941,176 and change, PER GAME!! NOBDOY is worth that. Oh, approx half the time he's sitting down while the defense tries to keep the game in check.

Anybody wanna bet the tix go up? Parking, concessions, trinkets for the little guy/girl??

• Options

We all know what's going to happen here, it's as predictable as the sunrise, he'll have a good regular season, and then choke in the playoffs.

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 8, 2022 12:14PM

Count me in the group that doesn't believe that any NFL player is worth 50M a year. One injury and your team has 1/4th of their payroll sitting on the sidelines.

• Options

And now, a live look at Aaron Rodgers...

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    And now, a live look at Aaron Rodgers...

Rumor has it that he's donating it all to his GF's favorite tree hugger foundation. ;)

• Options

@erikthredd said:

Rumor has it that he's donating it all to his FORMER GF's favorite tree hugger foundation. ;)

FIFY

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options

@Alfonz24 said:

@erikthredd said:

Rumor has it that he's donating it all to his FORMER GF's favorite tree hugger foundation. ;)

FIFY

• Options

Rogers already is reported to have a net worth of $120m, how much more do you need to be happy? I suspect its an ego thing and his ego hit Yahtzee at $50m

For me, about 100 acres fairly secluded in Idaho or Montana, with a nice trout stream, and a couple of realistic toys to play with...these two can be had for about $250k total. I'd fly all over this country at about 1,500 feet and be lovin' life.

• Options

I can just see Aaron Rodgers showing up to training camp now...

• Options
    tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭✭

The last football ticket was back in 1960 at a Patriots game and I think it was $6.00 I paid.

• Options
    edited March 8, 2022 2:58PM

Maybe he can use some of that money to buy a wardrobe for a change, the man can't dress himself decently to save his life!

• Options

You knew this was coming.

• Options

@doubledragon said:

I knew it!!! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,513 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Msybe he can use some of thst money to buy a wardrobe for a change, the man can't dress himself decently to save his life!

You guys don’t get it. The way he dresses goes with his image as an eccentric genius.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

Someone was going to pay him that.

Adams was franchised today

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

@Justacommeman said:
    Someone was going to pay him that.

Adams was franchised today

m

We knew that was coming, I’m sure that was discussed with the Rodgers deal

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,600 ✭✭✭✭✭

what a stupid, stupid contract. he will be in his early 40s at the end of this contract getting a 50MM cap hit.

the packers will not win. this contract is an albatross.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    edited March 8, 2022 4:49PM

@craig44 said:
    what a stupid, stupid contract. he will be in his early 40s at the end of this contract getting a 50MM cap hit.

the packers will not win. this contract is an albatross.

They probably want one more shot at it while they can keep Rodgers and his Binki Adams together

• Options

@BillJones said:

@doubledragon said:
    Msybe he can use some of thst money to buy a wardrobe for a change, the man can't dress himself decently to save his life!

You guys don’t get it. The way he dresses goes with his image as an eccentric genius.

This is one way to look at it, I mean he has gotten what he wanted so maybe your right

• Options

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

I knew it!!! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I'll never let him off the hook for it, never!

• Options

Oh, the Packers just announced their roster for next season:

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are these the official numbers? Rodgers claims to be disputing them. I guess time will tell...

• Options

Boomer Esiason is again reporting he will boycott the Super Bowl

• Options

@Alfonz24 said:
    Boomer Esiason is again reporting he will boycott the Super Bowl

Rodgers is allergic to the Super Bowl and stays away anyways

• Options

Rodgers can join Mahomes in leading another “Dynasty that never was” 😂😂😂

• Options

You have to feel bad for Jordan Love, this is going to set him back bigtime.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    Are these the official numbers? Rodgers claims to be disputing them. I guess time will tell...

Anything Rodgers says is suspect

• Options

And what new hairstyle will Aaron Rodgers have for the 2022 season, his appearance changed a lot last season, it was very comical and entertaining.

• Options

Alas, Aaron Rodgers has revealed his new hairstyle for the 2022 season, you go girl!

• Options
    edited March 15, 2022 5:00AM

https://www.nfl.com/_amp/davante-adams-informs-packers-he-wont-play-on-franchise-tag-in-2022

This is interesting, good for Adams.

I hope he holds out, they want to over pay Rodgers when Adams is the one who makes him look so good then they should pay this guy

• Options

@TomPelissero
    On first read of #Packers QB Aaron Rodgers' new contract, he gets:

$42 million in 2022
    $59.515M in 2023
    $49.3M in 2024

So that's $150.815M over the next three years, and the first two are fully guaranteed at signing.

mark