Home Sports Talk
Options

Derek Jeter ~gone from Miami.....

ScoobyDoo2ScoobyDoo2 Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am guessing Bruce Sherman didn't want to spend the dough to build a better roster.......OR did Derek not enjoy the dismal MLB turnout in Miami ... and it is a town that lacks infectious, rabid support. I didn't think I'd see this day honestly given Derek's dedication to his goal driven appetite. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,202 ✭✭✭✭✭

And selling his 4% position

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭✭✭

Going back to the empire?

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    GreenSneakersGreenSneakers Posts: 908 ✭✭✭✭

His "intangibles" actually made him the best CEO of his generation.

• Options
    edited February 28, 2022 2:30PM

@GreenSneakers .... very keen insight. I'm gonna be watching you..

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe he is after Manfred's job. :D

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

Maybe Jeter left b/c he knows the season is lost to lockout... who knows.....we shall see.

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

The actual facts are pretty simple; don’t think we need to call Columbo in for this one: Derek Jeter wanted to try to win and his majority partner was more concerned with profitability. It also seems that Jeter was led to believe that he’d have a legitimate opportunity to increase his ownership share and that hadn’t come to fruition, either. The Marlins made some very good long term moves over the last four years: getting out from under the Stanton contract chief among them but several other good moves that should pay dividends in a few more years.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am now reading going into broadcasting, either ESPN or YES network.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.