Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

“Do you even realize she’s watching you?” Stealth security at a coin shop…

airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m traveling for work, and realizing that there are a few coin shops nearby, I’ve decided to check them out when time allows. My local shops don’t have much of interest and it’s been years since I was last in a shop. I stopped at the first one yesterday afternoon.

While crouching down to get a better look at a poorly lit coin in the display, I hear, “do you even realize she’s watching you?” I didn’t know I was being watched, and at first I didn’t even realize I was the one being talked to, but eventually I started to stand back up, and across the counter were a snout and two big paws. I had no idea there was a dog behind the counter, but she was standing tall as she could to keep an eye on me. In exchange, she got her head scratched and I got my hand licked. I finished looking around, and she curled up on the floor. Nothing to buy on this visit, but it was nice to make a new furry friend.

JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research

Comments

• Options
    dogwooddogwood Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭✭

Anytime some pup nose-leather gets a shout out, it deserves a thumbs up.

We're all born MS70. I'm about a Fine 15 right now.
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

never met a bork-bork nom-nom in a shop i didn't like. ;)

glad to see you visited a mythic, ever-surviving, b&m.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

The best kind of 'watcher'.... quiet, observant, capable and ready.... Dogs are great pets and capable security when trained. They often detect 'intent' before their humans do.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    gonzergonzer Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭✭✭

Any B+M that keeps a dog as an "employee" would be marked as friendly, go-to store.

• Options
    ElKevvoElKevvo Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good story...I think the only reason my dog would keep an eye on anyone would be for a treat.

K

ANA LM
  • Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,425 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love dogs.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe the dog is a better negotiator than the owner. :)

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder how many coins she ate over the years.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    OKbustchaserOKbustchaser Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

Security??? My pittie would roll over and ask for a belly rub...if she got it she would help you carry stuff out.. :)

Just because I'm old doesn't mean I don't love to look at a pretty bust.
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ms70 said:
    I wonder how many coins she ate over the years.

The coin I was looking at on the case was brown copper 😬

JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    Project NumismaticsProject Numismatics Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pre-Covid days when I was traveling extensively for work, loved visiting shops in various cities... Walking in mid-week in the middle of the day, they are usually not busy and have plenty of time to chat.

• Options
    moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tomthemailcarrier said:

@ricko said:
    The best kind of 'watcher'.... quiet, observant, capable and ready.... Dogs are great pets and capable security when trained. They often detect 'intent' before their humans do.... Cheers, RickO

We have two Belgian Malinois and two Belgian Tervuren. They are very tuned in to what is going on in the neighborhood.!

They seem more tuned in to what's going on inside your house... 😉

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options
    TomthemailcarrierTomthemailcarrier Posts: 635 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 27, 2022 7:30PM

They seem more tuned in to what's going on inside your house... 😉

Yes they were. They knew that we were dishing out their dinner.

• Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice story.

Famous Shiba in a Japanese storefront.....................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6CcUj2mDbI

"Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tomthemailcarrier .... Wow!! Now there is a fearsome foursome.... Super intelligent dogs and great family members.
    Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've had the pleasure of the companionship of some great dogs in my life. Dogs love us back tenfold. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 28, 2022 9:57AM

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    BarberianBarberian Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm blessed with 3 dogs and 2 cats at the moment. This is Teddy, a wonderful 3-legged chihuahua, and his little buddy Ernie a few years back. They have play-fought constantly since Ernie was 5-weeks old and are best friends forever. I cannot say enough how kind, loving, brave, and protective a dog Teddy is for both my cats and our new puppy.

3 rim nicks away from Good
  • Options
    stawickstawick Posts: 469 ✭✭✭✭

I have 2 dogs myself. Had 'em since pups and they are over 6 1/2 yo now. Lab/hound mutts - ~74 and ~84 lbs. They are family - I'm that guy. People see me talking to my dogs while I walk them - to keep them engaged, and I walk them as much as I can.
    They are my 4 legged furry door bells, alarm system, and morning alarm. They think EVERY delivery truck brings stuff for THEM!! :D
    They were NOT angels o:) and took a LOT of work >:) . They are still not great with strangers. But at this stage they are getting MUCH better. They can be so sweet sometimes. Luv 'em!! <3

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

They can really be our best friend. The rest I leave to my attorneys

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

My attorneys 🙀

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file