Home Sports Talk
Options

Big East basketball

If the Providence Friars knock off Creighton tomorrow, it will be the first time EVER the Friars have taken down the regular season league title.

Discuss.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

Comments

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

When I think of Providence, I think of Ernie D and Bad News Barnes.

Often the colorful personality, Barnes once refused to board a plane from Louisville to St. Louis. Because the flight was scheduled to arrive (Central Time) before its departure time (Eastern Time), Barnes famously said, "I ain't getting in no damn time machine." He rented a car instead.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 25, 2022 7:52PM

I like the state of Rhode Island. I used to drive through there on occasion many years ago. It always reminded me of the old saying about small towns, "Don't blink when you hit the city limits
    or you'll miss it." Hey the county I live in is 20 times bigger than the whole state of Rhode Island! And we have twice the population! .......I've always wondered why they have two Senators and we don't have any. I mean, they could at least give us one of their Senators to kind of even things up. Or they could send us some of those delicious Rhode Island clam cakes....yum...yum....Doesn't seem fair. Oh, well.....

GO FRIARS!

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 26, 2022 5:15AM

@Hydrant said:
    I like the state of Rhode Island. I used to drive through there on occasion many years ago. It always reminded me of the old saying about small towns, "Don't blink when you hit the city limits
    or you'll miss it." Hey the county I live in is 20 times bigger than the whole state of Rhode Island! And we have twice the population! .......I've always wondered why they have two Senators and we don't have any. I mean, they could at least give us one of their Senators to kind of even things up. Or they could send us some of those delicious Rhode Island clam cakes....yum...yum....Doesn't seem fair. Oh, well.....

GO FRIARS!

Growing up in Massachusetts, I can't say that I ever spent much time in Rhode Island. Just passing through for the most part. Maybe a little bit.

Edited to add: looking back on it, one of my cousins went to Providence. She was a bit older than me, never visited her. But I definitely stopped off near Providence a few times I believe. As a kid I was a huge St. John's and Chris Mullin fan.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

When I lived in NYC every once in awhile I would head to the Westerly Beaches to get away. Wonderful memories.

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......