Home Sports Talk
Options

I'm taking some time off

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,033 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 28, 2022 9:35AM in Sports Talk

I just want to let everyone know that I am taking some time off, I've tried and I just can't focus on sports right now, the world is a mess right now and I believe we are at a turning point in history, a battle of good against evil. Do not talk about it because I don't want anyone to get banned, but I just wanted to let everyone know that I am giving it a break because I just can't focus on sports right now.

Comments

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 24, 2022 2:03PM

I hear you my friend. I'm nearly there myself. The forum will be here when your ready to return.

In the meantime may I suggest an Aaron Rodgers piñata to make you feel better?

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

@Justacommeman said:
    I hear you my friend. I'm nearly there myself. The forum will be here when your ready to return.

In the meantime may I suggest an Aaron Rodgers piñata to make you feel better?

m

Thank you kindly, don't mind if I do!

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

No, DD. You've got it as* backwards. You're needed now more than ever. Yea, things don't look so good.......now is the time we need humor. A distraction. More than ever. You provide that. You have a talent........Step up to the plate....... You're not going anywhere...... Grasshopper will not allow it!

• Options
    edited February 24, 2022 3:48PM

@Justacommeman said:
    I hear you my friend. I'm nearly there myself.

Mark,....anyone with half a functioning brain cell is down in the dumps right now. But now is not the time to give up. No self pity allowed. Now is the time to be strong. NEVER GIVE UP!

• Options

@Hydrant said:
    No, DD. You've got it as* backwards. You're needed now more than ever. Yea, things don't look so good.......now is the time we need humor. A distraction. More than ever. You provide that. You have a talent........Step up to the plate....... You're not going anywhere...... Grasshopper will not allow it!

It's impossible to focus on sports right now grasshopper, but don't worry.

• Options
    edited February 24, 2022 4:31PM

@Hydrant said:

@Justacommeman said:
    I hear you my friend. I'm nearly there myself.

Mark,....anyone with half a functioning brain cell is down in the dumps right now. But now is not the time to give up. No self pity allowed. Now is the time to be strong. NEVER GIVE UP!

Oh I never give up. I always take time away from the boards to fight for my causes when necessary . When I jump in it's in the deep end and I'm all in. It's about that time again.

Like my old dog Cosmo I eventually come home. For sure sports is nothing more then a distraction for me when time allows for it. It's just not that important to me in the grand scheme of things.

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is this because the USFL starts in April?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    edited February 25, 2022 8:21AM

• Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon I have personally reviewed your file and work history. You will be glad to
    that you have accrued 4 days personal/medical leave days. In addition you have accrued
    6 vacation days. Use them wisely. ;)
    You are correct, current circumstances do warrant the action you are taking. Just don't
    forget us!!

• Options

@Tibor said:
    @doubledragon I have personally reviewed your file and work history. You will be glad to
    that you have accrued 4 days personal/medical leave days. In addition you have accrued
    6 vacation days. Use them wisely. ;)
    You are correct, current circumstances do warrant the action you are taking. Just don't
    forget us!!

Thank you Tibor, I'll use them wisely, I plan on sitting around and complaining for a while.

• Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Complaining for a while? I didn't realize my wife had a brother. :D Welcome to the family!!

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

just more bad news to wake up to this morning. Come back soon.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m glued to the conflict between Russia 🇷🇺 and Ukraine 🇺🇦

Go Ukraine!!

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

Didn't someone try this 90 years ago?

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options

@galaxy27 said:

Well done sir! 😂😂😂😂

• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jerry is very sad sir. Come back soon! Look forward to your future posts!

• Options
    ScoobyDoo2ScoobyDoo2 Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd piss on a spark plug if I thought it'd help any......

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Alfonz24 said:
    Didn't someone try this 90 years ago?

Yes, and sadly tens of thousand lost their lives, civilian losses were staggering. We, as a Nation stood up and fought mightily on two fronts and ended the evil. It is indescribable to witness war and the mind-numbing horror that comes with it. My time in the 1st Infantry Division in Vietnam was enough of a "taste" to know and witness how insanely nightmarish it all can be. So, so many very young guys never came home, well over 58,000, a horrible waste.

Two things I'll never forget about that place, the never-ending sound of helicopters, day in, day out and trying to sleep listening to the bombings. The second was the pilot of that beautiful Continental Airlines 707 plane taking me home and hearing the pilot say "ladies and gentlemen, I'm pleased to announce that we are now well beyond enemy gunfire". There are no words.

Sadly, this is what the Ukrainians are now enduring, but for them it may be forever. God help them.

• Options

The world of sports is certainly taking notice of what is happening, check out this video.

• Options

Utter madness

m

• Options

Yes, and Russian tennis player Andrey Rublev wrote on a TV camera during the broadcast of his match,"No war please."

• Options

I have to tell you, I admire the Ukrainian people, they have tremendous courage and heart, the Ukrainian citizens are walking right up to the armed Russian soldiers invading their country and yelling at them, "why are you bringing weapons into our country!" This photo shows a Ukrainian civilian confronting a Russian tank crew.

• Options

These brave Ukrainian civilians are also removing road signs so the Russians will be confused about where to go.

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    I have to tell you, I admire the Ukrainian people, they have tremendous courage and heart,

Now this may not be true, but I hope it is - I've heard and read reports where the Ukraine police departments are handing out AK47's, magazines, and ammo like candy to civilians who want to defend their homes from the invading Ruskies. Also broadcasting and on internet channels, instructions on how to build and use molotov cocktails............ God bless them!!!!!

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

Ukrainian lady offering Russian soldier sunflower seeds so that after Ukrainian forces kill him they will bury him and sunflowers will grow.

• Options

It is true, I have been glued to this since it started, the Ukrainian president was offered to be evacuated and he refuses to leave his people, he is willing to die to defend his country and the citizens want to fight and he has been handing out guns and ammo to the citizens and they are uniting and fighting the Russians off. They are really brave and courageous and have been putting up one heck of a fight to defend their country. They have more guts and heart than Putin could ever have!

• Options

For news and ways to help at the root

https://linktr.ee/InfoUkraine

• Options

Well t

@Justacommeman said:

Maybe - BUT I don't believe any of your money will get there or make a difference, We're talking MILLIONS at least of weapons that they need - be realistic.

• Options
    edited February 26, 2022 9:20PM

@Steven59 said:
    Well t

@Justacommeman said:

Maybe - BUT I don't believe any of your money will get there or make a difference, We're talking MILLIONS at least of weapons that they need - be realistic.

Every bit helps. I was told by a reliable source that this was the way to go. Dollars add up. Grass root. Boots on the ground. They will need bullets and food.

The spirit of the Ukrainian people is worthy

m

• Options

We must stop Putin, we cannot allow history to repeat itself, I've studied Putin and read about him for years, he is a totally mad dictator, he has a vision of how the world should be and it isn't a vision that we want to become a reality, trust me. The only way to defeat him is by uniting the world against him, we must stand together, gang up on him. He might be able to defeat some of us, but he can't defeat all of us together. Make no mistake about it, this is a battle of good against evil.

• Options

They're starting to ban Russian banks from SWIFT, that is good, hit them with everything we got. We have to lower the boom on them from all directions.

• Options

Putin is thanking his special forces for their "heroic" service, he thinks killing innocent people and children is "heroic", what a joke. Putin is evil and must be stopped.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/putin-thanks-russian-special-forces-fulfilling-their-heroic-duty-ukraine-2022-02-27/

• Options

Check out this video, US bars and liquor stores are pouring out Vodka in protest of Russia.

• Options

Wow, check this video out, the people in Ukraine puttibg up one heck of a fight, they are doing everything they can to defend their country, these women are making Molotov cocktails on Saturday morning to defend their city.

• Options

Like I said, I'm sorry to everyone, but this invasion is all I can focus on, it's really tearing me up inside, how can this be allowed to happen to innocent people and children?

• Options

In 1941 over 33,000 Ukrainian Jews were murdered in a 2 day span in the Babi Yar ravine marking one of the deadliest massacres of the Holocaust. For 🇺🇦 to have a Jewish President descended from a Holocaust survivor standing up to a dictator is really empowering.

• Options
    edited February 27, 2022 7:25AM

Oh my god, Vladimir Putin has ordered Russian nuclear deterrant forces to be on high alert, Putin is totally mad.

Putin puts Russia’s nuclear deterrent forces on alert
    His order raised the stakes anew.

Russian President Vladimir Putin has threatened to retaliate harshly against any nations that intervened directly in the conflict in Ukraine.

KYIV, Ukraine — President Vladimir Putin has ordered Russian nuclear deterrent forces put on high alert amid tensions with the West over his invasion of Ukraine.

Speaking at a meeting with his top officials, Putin asserted on Sunday that leading NATO powers had made “aggressive statements” along with the West imposing hard-hitting financial sanctions against Russia, including the president himself.

Putin ordered the Russian defense minister and the chief of the military’s General Staff to put the nuclear deterrent forces in a “special regime of combat duty.”

His order raised the threat that the tensions with the West over the invasion in Ukraine could lead to the use of nuclear weapons.

The Russian leader this week threatened to retaliate harshly against any nations that intervened directly in the conflict in Ukraine.

The order means Putin has ordered Russia’s nuclear weapons prepared for increased readiness to launch, raising the threat that the tensions could boil over into nuclear warfare.

• Options

I'll be darn - Our Gov has some "tomatoes" after all...........

COLUMBUS, Ohio (WCMH/WJW) — Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine has issued an order for the state to stop buying and selling vodka made by a Russian-owned distillery after the country invaded Ukraine earlier this week.

• Options

Wat to go Elon!!!!!!!!

"Billionaire entrepreneur Elon Musk was praised on Saturday for responding to the Ukrainian government’s plea to provide SpaceX’s Starlink satellite broadband service so that Ukrainian’s could access the internet as Russian military forces invaded the country."

• Options

Володимир Зеленський
    @ZelenskyyUa
    "We will give weapons to anyone who wants to defend the country. Be ready to support Ukraine in the squares of our cities."

• Options

• Options
    edited February 27, 2022 10:38AM

Vasyl Lomachenko, one of the greatest boxers I have ever had the pleasure to watch, is Ukrainian and he has returned to Ukraine to join a defense battalion, he is defending his homeland.

• Options

This Ukrainian marine named Vitali Shakun sacrificed himself to blow up a bridge to stop the Russians from advancing, he could not escape the explosion in time and he succeeded in blowing up the bridge. He knew he could die but said, "I'm blowing it up regardless." He is a true hero.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s taking a long time to take Ukraine because Putin wants it that way

There is an ulterior motive

Now we have nuclear threats.

I think nuking the USA is on Putin’s to do list. After that the can walk into Europe.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

And in this corner standing 6'7" and weighing 247lbs..

Vitali Klitschko
    Mayor of Kiev

Have a nice day
  • Options

@MsMorrisine said:
    It’s taking a long time to take Ukraine because Putin wants it that way

There is an ulterior motive

Now we have nuclear threats.

I think nuking the USA is on Putin’s to do list. After that the can walk into Europe.

That is a pandora's box Putin would be insane to open.

• Options
This discussion has been closed.