Home U.S. Coin Forum

QA coins

DisneyFanDisneyFan Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭✭✭

In another discussion some one mentioned grading a coin as QA. In checking Great Collections so far I'm not seeing any coins listed as QA. Is QA going the way of BETA video tapes?

Tagged:

Comments

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you sure they don’t mean Questionable Authenticity?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • DisneyFanDisneyFan Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:

That's why we shouldn't be using abbreviations on this board! If one has something to say, "Spell it out!"

• WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭✭✭

When I first read this, I thought that they were talking about the "Quality Assurance " stickers.
    In total agreement with you @MsMorrisine on spelling it out instead of using abbreviations.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here’s the sticker guys
    http://qacoins.com/

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Personally I put more weight on Ricko’s Blast White stickers. I do however have one some where , from the dark ages in my collecting knowledge 😂 Dumb as a rock, I was Now I’m dealing with gravel outlook. 👍🏼

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• oldUScoinsoldUScoins Posts: 243 ✭✭✭✭

@DisneyFan said:

@MsMorrisine said:

That's why we shouldn't be using abbreviations on this board! If one has something to say, "Spell it out!"

OK! :smile:

• LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 24, 2022 3:20PM

@DisneyFan said:

@MsMorrisine said:

there may be some truth to this but also there is such a thing as common-use abbreviations. do yo really expect someone to always type very fine, or mint state as oppose to VF or MS?

here are links to assist you in learning some of the common lingo and if you do a forum search, i'm certain there are at least a few threads to help bring you up to speed. :)

grades (although, it appears they are using abbreviations here) common usage, PR, SP, BM, and there are even a few that are interchangeable. PR=poor PR=Proof NGC PF = Proof etc.
    designations very good list you will commonly see people using the abbreviations for.
    no grades - some of these are used like QC, PMD,

there are idk, probably 100 abbreviations and interchangeables that will need to be learned just on this forum alone to effectively understand what is going on in a lot of threads. hope you are up for it and hope it helps. :+1:

as a side-note. i'm currently still learning about cryptos and nft (non-fungible token, sometimes spelling it out doesn't help) you WOULD NOT BELIEVE the spiderweb of sites/functions one must learn in this area to do even the most basic of things. i have had to d/l apps, programs, add-ons, new forums/boards/discords and more.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• DisneyFanDisneyFan Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LanceNewmanOCC said:

there may be some truth to this but also there is such a thing as common-use abbreviations. do yo really expect someone to always type very fine, or mint state as oppose to VF or MS?

Thank you, I've been collecting for 70 years. : )

• MarkW63MarkW63 Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭✭

To be real honest here, the use of 2 or 3-letter alphabets for everything can be confusing at best,
    If say the OP (original poster) was to at the introduction of a alphabet abbreviation would follow it with (description) then it would carry all the way through through the thread.
    So, like I did with OP above, if I was to introduce say RPM, I would do this RPM (re-punched mint mark) but only one time!

"I Prefer Dangerous Freedom Over Peaceful Slavery"
    Thomas Jefferson!

• stawickstawick Posts: 469 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 24, 2022 4:07PM

I've seen several abbrevs around here that I had to do some digging on.
    "newp" was a BIG one .. but a search popped up the meaning. (google was useless here)
    TPG was also 1 that threw me because
    a) in the guitar world, TGP === The Gear Page (abbrev lysdexia)
    b) I tend to see 3rd party (or 3PG) in code.
    Then again, in a thread I may have even started - ABOUT TRUEVIEW ... "TV" had me scratching my head ... for longer than I care to admit. :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file