Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Quarter roll

gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,425 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got 1 roll of quarters from the bank today. Inside 34 2022 quarters.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

Comments

• Options
    nwcoastnwcoast Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 18, 2022 11:04AM

So, were you happy or disappointed with that arrangement?

I’d be pretty bummed.
    I picked up some Cent and nickel rolls a few days ago for the first roll searching in a couple of years.
    The cent rolls were ALL new 2021-d’s. I was not pleased to be honest with you. I’m not even going to bother with the remainder of them. I suppose there could be some obscure new error or weird die chip, but without the slightest possibilities of finding some fun old Wheaties, there just isn’t anything in there worth the eye strain. Sorry Joeykoins..
    as for the Nickels, not much fun in those either. There was a worn 1941, but otherwise, not much older than 1964, and they were all in pretty rough shape.

Happy, humble, honored and proud recipient of the “You Suck” award 10/22/2014

• Options

@nwcoast looking at them now. I am liking the obverse design much more now that I see a bunch of them in one place.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,760 ✭✭✭✭✭

@nwcoast said:
    I suppose there could be some obscure new error or weird die chip

It's funny that the single squeeze method was supposed to all but eliminate the possibilities for doubled dies. In fact there are more than ever but most are super minor and worthless, to me at least.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options

Yes. I agree, they are a nice looking design with a fairly solid relief to them.
    Should get a couple nice ones for the album at least.

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,860 ✭✭✭✭✭

Any die cracks / die chip west of George's mouth?
    <3

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are we going to call this the 'Big Head Washington' obverse from now on?

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options

@joeykoins Yes I found 4 that have a raised looking die chip? near the back of the mouth.

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice find @gumby1234 Some of those look really nice! The one I found in a roll was already a little beat up.
    @moursund we should refer to it as the Mona Lisa as George isn't smiling, he really doesn't look happy. Almost like he was thinking, " I don't have time to pose for another quarter!"

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,749 ✭✭✭✭✭

@nwcoast said:

I picked up some Cent and nickel rolls a few days ago for the first roll searching in a couple of years.
    The cent rolls were ALL new 2021-d’s. I was not pleased to be honest with you. I’m not even going to bother with the remainder of them. I suppose there could be some obscure new error or weird die chip...

Or a coin that was struck in two different years that could be worth a few thousand dollars. ;):D

• Options

@Onastone George looks even more unhappy on the 4 with the die chip or whatever it is.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a pile of new quarters... Have not seen one in change yet...I am sure they will show up shortly. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭✭✭

UhhhGleee!
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options

@JBK said:

@nwcoast said:

The cent rolls were ALL new 2021-d’s. I was not pleased to be honest with you. I’m not even going to bother with the remainder of them. I suppose there could be some obscure new error or weird die chip...

Or a coin that was struck in two different years that could be worth a few thousand dollars. ;):D

Nice one!
    Maybe that’ll motivate me to take that nickel roll searching more seriously. :-)

• Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭✭

gumby1234: Based on the Feb date of the original post, am I correct in assuming all your 2022's from that roll were "Maya Angelou"?

• Options

@DBSTrader2 You are correct.

• Options
    Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can only get Denver mint, so I just throw them back....

• Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭✭

I'm in Philly, so I'm always behind on getting my quota of "D" mints...........

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,292 ✭✭✭✭✭

@gumby1234 said:

There's always that one guy in the group that has to be different - :D

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

@Steven59 thats the one that chopped the cherry tree down

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file