Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

A morning at Long Beach

2»

Comments

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know that I am getting old when I recognized the name Danny Kaye.
    I did not know that he was a collector.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WAYNEAS said:
    I know that I am getting old when I recognized the name Danny Kaye.
    I did not know that he was a collector.
    Wayne

If you didn’t know he was a collector you ain’t old enough.

• Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,746 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great report. Sorry to have missed the show. LB is an easy one for me to get to with a nice budget flight right into Long Beach airport. Maybe next time.

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

There can't be a Long Beach show going on! Gold had a very good week!

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    skier07skier07 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CaptHenway said:
    There can't be a Long Beach show going on! Gold had a very good week!

Ain’t that the truth.

• Options
    kruegerkrueger Posts: 809 ✭✭✭
    edited February 19, 2022 12:00PM

At the Long Beach coin show--

The line at the pcgs table was relatively short.

The line at the PSA (cards) table was half way around the inside back of the very large Bourse floor. 50-100 in line
    Every day!!
    What does that tell you? one large coin dealer without anyone at his table told me he just sold a baseball card for five
    Figures.!!

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 19, 2022 12:24PM

@krueger said:
    At the Long Beach coin show--

The line at the pcgs table was relatively short.

The line at the PSA (cards) table was half way around the inside back of the very large Bourse floor. 50-100 in line
    Every day!!
    What does that tell you? one large coin dealer without anyone at his table told me he just sold a baseball card for five
    Figures.!!

No question sports cards have been white hot. Also one has to remember PSA shut down grading altogether almost a year ago. Some tiers of grading are just now opening up. There is pent up demand for sportscard grading. Imagine the lines at PCGS if they shut down 98% of grading for the better part of a year.

From March 2021

PSA announces the immediate suspension of nearly all card grading services. PSA is temporarily halting Value, Economy, Regular and Express Services which account for 97.9% of all items submitted. Read PSA President Steve Sloan’s update for details on this suspension of service.

LINK

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ide image that was a large line at PSA.

Even collector club membership headings were paused last year for PSA, but it’s great to see them opening some services back.

I had to do a double take through your photos, and I really like how you caught the proof surfaces (by accident?) on the flowing hair stella

Curious if this 1880 64 Morgan in NGC black had a price tag on it, or was it part of his personal collection?

It's all about what the people want...

• Options
    pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LukeMarshall said:
    Ide image that was a large line at PSA.

Even collector club membership headings were paused last year for PSA, but it’s great to see them opening some services back.

I had to do a double take through your photos, and I really like how you caught the proof surfaces (by accident?) on the flowing hair stella

Curious if this 1880 64 Morgan in NGC black had a price tag on it, or was it part of his personal collection?

The NGC black was NFS as were the other three slabs on the page. These belong to Chris and are in the pictures in his book.

Tim

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:
    We’re they selling the tyrant books there?

At times they were available. They also had DVDs available

Such great weather- today was especially awesome.

I was so impressed with the King of Siam display- box and all!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file