Home Sports Talk
Options

Matt Harvey Admits to using/supplying drugs in Skaggs Trial

PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 15, 2022 12:27PM in Sports Talk

Comments

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

This was an open secret in New York. You could tell by the crowd he ran with, often reported on in the NY Post and Daily News, that he was down to party.

He was super talented but this is what drug use can cost you. He’s still so talented that he’s still in the bigs though not shockingly it sounds like he’s never cleaned up his act. I guess when you can be mediocre for a couple million a year, you don’t need to clean up.

Sad.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Addiction 🙁

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

maybe they will implement drug testing in the new labor contract. /sarcasm/

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 15, 2022 9:48PM

Well, this thing brings back memories..... I'm going to make a few phone calls tomorrow morning to get my thoughts and facts straight. And then maybe....A little inside baseball..... Maybe.

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:
    Addiction 🙁

It wasn't a secret.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

No surprise. Remember all the nosebleeds he'd experience while pitching? It was an open secret.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess the Mets should have limited his lines, not his innings.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.