Home U.S. Coin Forum

PCGS Polo Shirt Question

U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

For those that sign up for the platinum membership at PCGS, how long does it take until they mail out your shirt?
It's currently a race between which will arrive first, the shirt or grades from my sub. :D

Comments

• bsshog40bsshog40 Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't have an answer to your question, but ShadyDave sent me one of these about a year and half ago. It's worth the wait, very nice shirt.

• U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bsshog40 said:
    I don't have an answer to your question, but ShadyDave sent me one of these about a year and half ago. It's worth the wait, very nice shirt.

Is yours Nike or Port Authority? It seems like they switched shirt companies recently.

• hbarbeehbarbee Posts: 186 ✭✭✭

I just received one recently. It is a Nike Dry. It arrived way before the coins that I sent in under that membership...

• Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,399 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine arrived within two weeks of signing up, which was in early January. Port Authority is the manufacturer.

Successful BST transactions with 171 members. Ebeneezer, Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • bsshog40bsshog40 Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭✭✭

@U1chicago said:

@bsshog40 said:

Is yours Nike or Port Authority? It seems like they switched shirt companies recently.

I'm not sure. We are selling our house and most my clothes are in storage. Lol

• pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,832 ✭✭✭✭✭

They need a different color each year

@Walkerguy21D said:
    Mine arrived within two weeks of signing up, which was in early January. Port Authority is the manufacturer.

I wonder if they are out of stock currently. I signed up Jan 9th, so it's been a month. As long as the grades on my sub turn out well, it's all good. :D

• stawickstawick Posts: 469 ✭✭✭✭

My membership renewed 2/8. Just got the shirt (Port Authority) yesterday 2/12. Its a nice shirt and different enuff to discern from my other 2. My 1st time around a couple years ago I wondered if I was ever going to get one ... I did. Just takes time.
    I agree, they should do diff colors or styles every few years.

• winestevenwinesteven Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭✭✭

Two years ago, mine was taking “too long” to arrive, so I called Customer Service, and sure enough, it fell through the cracks. They took care of reordering it, and it arrived about two or three weeks later.

Steve

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

They do have nice shirts.... Cheers, RickO

• Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

They should put your board name on them.

Hoard the keys.
  • moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Type2 said:

Or they could put one of your choice of amusing phrases...

Heavily circulated
    Broad struck
    Artificial wear
    About good

Or perhaps if you are grumpy
    "Cross at any grade"

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • stawickstawick Posts: 469 ✭✭✭✭

@Type2 said:

(OT, I realize ...)
    heh ... can you change your board name? If so how?
    Just curious. I was not so creative when I initially joined. :o
    How about the Set Registry also? I've seen ppl with names other than a user ID. I dont recall being given a choice there. Maybe they restricted it to an ID at some point?

• USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stawick said:

@Type2 said:

(OT, I realize ...)
    How about the Set Registry also? I've seen ppl with names other than a user ID. I dont recall being given a choice there. Maybe they restricted it to an ID at some point?

Great question.. I'd like to know too.....

@massscrew said:

@stawick said:

@Type2 said:

(OT, I realize ...)

Great question.. I'd like to know too.....

I don’t think it can be changed by yourself. You would need to contact a moderator and see if they would do it. On some forums it’s not allowed at all unless there is some special reason (like security reasons).

• pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,832 ✭✭✭✭✭

A lot of times I wear the gray one under a gray T-shirt so that I have a collar on for dress occasions

• jt88jt88 Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe one or two weeks for me. It arrived pretty fast but I wish PCGS has a option to donate it because I don’t need it.

• SurfinxHISurfinxHI Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭✭✭

If anyone needs one, I can hook you up with a new one!

Surf

Dead people tell interesting tales.
  • BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

For Platinum, depends on how long it takes to get the shirt back from CAC stickering :)

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those Nike shirts snag too easily. ☹️

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file