Home Metal Detecting
Options

A lot of holes dug.

relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

These two boxes represent a lot of holes dug over the years.

Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

:o AMAZING!!! INCREDIBLE!! That is astounding. One of these days, you need to go through those coins... may be a treasure in there. What an awesome assemblage of finds. Thanks for showing us... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Impressive :)

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    edited February 8, 2022 12:32PM

@ricko said:
    :o AMAZING!!! INCREDIBLE!! That is astounding. One of these days, you need to go through those coins... may be a treasure in there. What an awesome assemblage of finds. Thanks for showing us... Cheers, RickO

Thanks, I sold 3 rolls of mercs a few years back when silver spiked. I also sold a an 1878 S quarter in XF with light environmental damage. The same site I found the seated quarter at, a buddy of mine found an 1882 CC $5 gold piece in AU.

Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions
  • Options

@relicsncoins... Wow... A dream for me is finding a gold coin... And a CC would be a double bonus.... That must be an old, but at one time busy, site. Cheers, RickO

• Options

It was a picnic site out in the country that was used for large summer picnics from about 1880-1925. It's just rolling hills still to this day. Between the 3 of us that researched it and found it, we pulled over 50 seated and barber dimes out. Close to 50 early mercs, around 15 seated and barber quarters as well as a bunch of Indian Heads, early wheaties, V nickels and early buffalos. There was one seated half and the gold coin previously mentioned. The latest dated coin we found was 1925 and there was no modern trash. It was one of the best sites I've ever detected.

• Options

@relicsncoins.... Congratulations... Just shows what research can lead to when searching for sites. I have always recommended people go to their libraries and pull information about the history of potential sites. What is overgrown with trees now, may have been fields in the past.... and areas may have had businesses or fair grounds years ago.... Once again, great work and astounding results. Cheers, RickO

• Options

I have a box of 45-70 and 50-70 shell casings about that size.

• Options
    No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hunted an old fairground for many years. It was loaded with shotgun shells. They really give a nice reading. Found enough coins to make it worth all the digging.

• Options

@relicsncoins.... Wow, 45-70 and 50-70 are big brass.... Not a lot of people shoot those. I did, the .45-70 is a favorite hunting round... one and done. Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko said:
    @relicsncoins.... Wow, 45-70 and 50-70 are big brass.... Not a lot of people shoot those. I did, the .45-70 is a favorite hunting round... one and done. Cheers, RickO

Most of them came from 1870 era fort sites.

• Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

Never thought of using a tackle box. Great idea with all of those compartments!
    Great finds!
    Come on Spring thaw!!!!

• Options
    NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow that is something!

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,292 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lotsa great treasures in them boxes.......

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MisterTim1962 said:
    That's nothing. Check out my box of shotgun shells! Guess I'm detecting in all the wrong places!

Were you detecting by a giant Duck Blind😁

• Options
    edited March 7, 2022 8:41AM

@MisterTim1962 .... Wow... How many years of shotgun shells does that hoard represent? Cheers, RickO

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,628 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MisterTim1962 Did I see Duck feathers in the box LOL

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭✭✭

@relicsncoins said:
    These two boxes represent a lot of holes dug over the years.

I hope you filled all those hole back up when you were done! 😂 🤣

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )