Home Precious Metals

Is this ASE any different than the ones that comes in a roll?

alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
edited February 5, 2022 5:21AM in Precious Metals

Should I keep this separated from my loose rolled ASEs? Or can I toss the box and roll it?
No mintmark. Doesn’t appear proof.

Thanks

Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page

Comments

  • taxmadtaxmad Posts: 960 ✭✭✭✭

    Pic of the back?

  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Looks like a $45-$85 coin... would have to check both sides and condition.... Cheers, RickO

  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 5, 2022 8:44AM

    coin did not originally come with the gift box. Generic box (without a COA) is an add-on. ASEs that did come from the mint in a presentation box will be in a box that says "Proof" or "Uncirculated." Both of these coins will have a mint mark on the reverse of the coin. Roll the coin.

    "Do you hear alarm bells ringing? Neither do I. And that’s a huge problem." - Simon Black

  • alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    edited February 5, 2022 9:23AM

    Thanks guys.
    Definitely no mintmark on front or back.
    Since the box is generic, gonna toss that, takes up too much space.

    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

    Commissions

    Check out my Facebook page
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

    i believe the mint at one time sold these generic "gift" boxes individually. Your coin originally came from a mint issued 20 bullion coin plastic tube.

    "Do you hear alarm bells ringing? Neither do I. And that’s a huge problem." - Simon Black

  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,300 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Pretty sure the blue box ASE was/is a mint offering

  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @DrBuster said:
    Pretty sure the blue box ASE was/is a mint offering

    the gift box was. They never offered the bullion coin with a box. Since then they have come up with new ideas, but even these contain a mintmark ASE.

    "Do you hear alarm bells ringing? Neither do I. And that’s a huge problem." - Simon Black

  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

    "Do you hear alarm bells ringing? Neither do I. And that’s a huge problem." - Simon Black

  • blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

    It's presently worth $22 and change. Good for a case of toilet paper, although at this rate soon to be half a case of toilet paper. CNGRTS!

    The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @blitzdude said:
    It's presently worth $22 and change. Good for a case of toilet paper, although at this rate soon to be half a case of toilet paper. CNGRTS!

    don't mind this guy, he's been really upset for a while now that he lost his shirt in silver. He'll eventually get over it. . . maybe.

    "Do you hear alarm bells ringing? Neither do I. And that’s a huge problem." - Simon Black

  • carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭✭

    @derryb said:

    @blitzdude said:
    It's presently worth $22 and change. Good for a case of toilet paper, although at this rate soon to be half a case of toilet paper. CNGRTS!

    don't mind this guy, he's been really upset for a while now that he lost his shirt in silver. He'll eventually get over it. . . maybe.

    Definitely a Jacob Marley vibe to the guy. You can hear the chains dragging when he enters a post.
    "I was wrong about Silver....beware!"


    Loves me some shiny!
  • blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @derryb said:

    @blitzdude said:
    It's presently worth $22 and change. Good for a case of toilet paper, although at this rate soon to be half a case of toilet paper. CNGRTS!

    don't mind this guy, he's been really upset for a while now that he lost his shirt in silver. He'll eventually get over it. . . maybe.

    You will never realize a profit. Your small gun safe with a few boxes of gutter metal stuffed in them is dead money. The world could care less about silver unless it's old Morgans or perhaps a quick speculation into the SLV. Keep stacking Ace!

    The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

  • taxmadtaxmad Posts: 960 ✭✭✭✭

    @blitzdude said:

    You will never realize a profit. Your small gun safe with a few boxes of gutter metal stuffed in them is dead money. The world could care less about silver unless it's old Morgans or perhaps a quick speculation into the SLV. Keep stacking Ace!

    You Amazing Kreskin is slight improvement over your Jacob Marley shtick, but your usual nastiness is never far...

  • Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 7, 2022 8:15PM

    Hey Blitz. You gunna slam all my $13 ounces of ase 999 ? Gutter metal ? I remember you from your comments previously on this precious metal forum. You do you and I’ll do me. I’m sorry your such an angry man. I am impressed with your use of the word gutter. Seems like you’re quite the expert. Spend alot of time there, do you? It certainly explains your thoughts.

    🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

  • blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 8, 2022 5:35PM

    @Jzyskowski1 said:
    Hey Blitz. You gunna slam all my $13 ounces of ase 999 ? Gutter metal ? I remember you from your comments previously on this precious metal forum. You do you and I’ll do me. I’m sorry your such an angry man. I am impressed with your use of the word gutter. Seems like you’re quite the expert. Spend alot of time there, do you? It certainly explains your thoughts.

    Glad you only own $13. Derby has probably $130K in that small cannon gun safe that he paid $300K+ for. Do yourself a favor, buy gold....or maybe even Chinese dingleberries. lol

    The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Ya gotta quit letting the frustration of losing your shirt in silver get the best of you. I bet even your chickens are stressed out. It's only money dude, there'll be more.

    "Do you hear alarm bells ringing? Neither do I. And that’s a huge problem." - Simon Black

  • blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @derryb said:

    Ya gotta quit letting the frustration of losing your shirt in silver get the best of you. I bet even your chickens are stressed out. It's only money dude, there'll be more.

    LOL, I'm on cruise control brother. No stress here. LIVIN! You should try it sometime. :smiley:

    The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

  • Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 9, 2022 6:32PM

    No , I paid 13 and how many I have is none of your business but it’s more than one. I have only increased my value by 50-70%
    Not bad for “gutter metal “.
    I have read your posts but you haven’t heard much from me yet but I have learned how to be polite and avoid being condescending. Perhaps you might want to consider your talking with adults and conduct yourself accordingly. The YN’s could teach you a thing or two about proper conduct.
    Ofcourse just my 2-percent

    🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

Sign In or Register to comment.