Home Precious Metals
Options

MÉ╫Ä£ þÖ┌Ω FrIDaY! Snowmageddon edition

WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

Stopped by one of the local B&Ms looking for, of all things, 1883 nickels (with and without).
Dealer dug through their inventory and pulled this out instead. :D

Get anything interesting before the blizzards hit?

Denmark 10 Kroner KM# 809
Composition: Gold
Fineness: 0.9000
Weight: 4.4803g
AGW: 0.1296oz

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
--Severian the Lame

Comments

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice euro gold

• Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,673 ✭✭✭✭✭

Your friggin' dealer has the coolest elmo "just sitting around... "

• Options

I've got one of those 5 rubles, forget the year but want to say late 1800s, will have to check.

• Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 4, 2022 5:10PM

@DrBuster said:
    I've got one of those 5 rubles, forget the year but want to say late 1800s, will have to check.

NGC slabbed a truckload of these relatively common fractional European gold coins around 1990. All in BU condition, all that I've seen in Generation 4 slabs--the last of the pre-barcode slabs and the first to have the hologram label on the back. These were at the very end of the "fatty" slab style, which shifted to the new thinner slab in 1995.

I got the Russian and Netherland pieces the same day I got my fatty slab 1921 Peace dollar. My dealer had gotten them from the same older collection, and I scooped up the 3 remaining pieces he had when I walked into the shop back in 2011.

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options

Cool. Mine is raw, got it for melt at my old lcs.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,525 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gold is always good

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep... I like all gold coins... got a small Mexican one... I think a couple of others... Gold is good. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 7, 2022 10:17AM

Nice No line fatties... @Weiss

I got an order from the Intaglio mint, the 1oz Silver 2022 membership token.

I love the Thicc two Oz Americana series they do, and picked up a few duplicates of those also and figured out a new way to store them… (I’ll post more on that later)

For now here she is, Lady Intaglio

It's all about what the people want...

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool pick up, Weiss, I love the old NGC stuff. B)

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is very nice,.... Great relief and detail. Cheers, RickO