Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Non 1st Charizard is graded

Don't have it yet but they notified me and it graded a 9. I figured a 8 which wouldn't really be worth the $114 to have it graded.
Link with pics.
https://www.psacard.com/cert/63774171/psa

Love the 1885-CC Morgan

Comments

• Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

Great result, congrats

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    threeofsixthreeofsix Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭

Very nicely done!!!!!!!

Congrats!!!!

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one.
    Live long, and prosper.
  • Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭✭

Nice $1k value card. A PSA 8 would be $500+, so still would have been worth it.

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice card!

Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    ccmorganccmorgan Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

I'll be putting these up for sale soon including the PSA 7 1st edition charizard to help recover some of the $$$ I've had tied up in these over the years.
    Still have a 1st edition dark charizard at PSA to be graded. That one might be a 8 I hope.

Love the 1885-CC Morgan
  • Options

Congrats!!

• Options

1st edition dark charizard has been graded but no pic in their data base yet?
    It's a VG-3 due to scratches in the holo foil. I saw them in this pic before submitting but couldn't see them with a magnifying glass under light and tilting it back and fourth at least with my eyes. lol Thought it might be the phone but evidently the scratches were there.
    I suppose it's a $10 card now if that. I guess if one of the 3 that I submitted bombed that one is the best one for minimal loss.

Pic of scratches

Love the 1885-CC Morgan
  • Options
    edited February 4, 2022 12:06PM

@ccmorgan said:
    It's a VG-3 due to scratches in the holo foil. I saw them in this pic before submitting but couldn't see them with a magnifying glass under light and tilting it back and fourth at least with my eyes. lol Thought it might be the phone but evidently the scratches were there.
    I suppose it's a $10 card now if that. I guess if one of the 3 that I submitted bombed that one is the best one for minimal loss.

Pic of scratches

Ouch..... I don't think it is scratches, I think it is creases! Or holo/laminate bubbling/seperation

Still will be worth $100-$200 depending on the # of suckers that bid on it!

• Options
    edited February 4, 2022 2:07PM

@RufussCkingston said:

@ccmorgan said:

Pic of scratches

Ouch..... I don't think it is scratches, I think it is creases! Or holo/laminate bubbling/seperation

Still will be worth $100-$200 depending on the # of suckers that bid on it!

It's not creased at all. If it was I wouldn't have submitted it Looks like an 8 to the naked eye.
    I'll post pics when psa has them up. Or you guys can run the cert number.

Love the 1885-CC Morgan
  • Options

@ccmorgan said:

It's not creased at all. If it was I wouldn't have submitted it Looks like an 8 to the naked eye.

What's the cert#

• Options
    edited February 4, 2022 2:27PM

@RufussCkingston said:

@ccmorgan said:

What's the cert#

63774155 it's still not posted yet.

Here's a pic I posted in another thread before I submitted it.
    Other thread see post #4
    https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1069357/pokemon-cards#latest

Love the 1885-CC Morgan
  • Options

Here's their grade.
    1 1 63774155 VERY GOOD 3 2000 Pokemon Rocket 4 Dark Charizard-Holo 1st Edition Card

Love the 1885-CC Morgan
  • Options
    edited February 4, 2022 2:39PM

@ccmorgan said:

@RufussCkingston said:

@ccmorgan said:

What's the cert#

Other thread see post #4

This why one should never post cards inside a penny sleeve inside a toploader/cardsaver if asking for grading opinions. Issues are concealed or hard to see. But since we know it is there, by looking closely I can see the issues in this pic...

• Options

@RufussCkingston said:

@ccmorgan said:

@RufussCkingston said:

@ccmorgan said:

What's the cert#

Other thread see post #4

This why one should never post cards inside a penny sleeve inside a toploader/cardsaver if asking for grading opinions. Issues are concealed or hard to see. But since we know it is there, by looking closely I can see the issues in this pic...

I try not to remove cards from top loaders to avoid potential damage. I removed it to inspect it prior to submission.
    No doubt that I dropped the ball on this one. But the other two I submitted as you know came back a 7 and you nailed that one and this charizard a 9 and I was hoping an 8.
    Better to have this one low than either of the other two. lol
    Thanks again.

Love the 1885-CC Morgan
  • Options
    edited February 4, 2022 8:40PM

I'm going to guess that it is "water" damage/stain or something on the back in the middle of the "M" in Pokemon on the top.

Looks like no noticeable scratches on the holo, that must have been on the Top Loader or penny sleeve in that other pic. I'm wondering it that stain could be rubbed off? Would be a 6-8 most likely. A corner keeps it from a 9 I think.

• Options

I see the pics are up and I see the spot on the back you're talking about. Didn't pay too much attention to the back. Just looked at the edges. That spot probably could have been wiped off but too late now.
    Definitely not worth cracking out and resubmitting. An 8 lists for $350
    Either way a pretty darn nice card for a 3 I think.

Love the 1885-CC Morgan
  • Options

I zoomed in on the photos posted by @RufussCkingston and the only blemish I can see is the spot on the back.
    Do you guys think that is enough to lower the grade from a 7ish to a 3?
    Just curious. I'm new to the PSA grading system.

Love the 1885-CC Morgan
  • Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ccmorgan said:
    I see the pics are up and I see the spot on the back you're talking about. Didn't pay too much attention to the back. Just looked at the edges. That spot probably could have been wiped off but too late now.
    Definitely not worth cracking out and resubmitting. An 8 lists for $350
    Either way a pretty darn nice card for a 3 I think.

A 3 goes for ~$300 and an 8 is $350? I can't believe this card is that grade insensitive.

• Options

A PSA 3 doesn't go for $300 today..... That sale was from a year ago and was PWCC, so it was probably shilled! A PSA 4 just sold for $179, so the PSA 3 is going to be $100-$200 depending on the bidding fools! A PSA 8 is probably $400-$500 depending on the bidders.

• Options
    edited February 6, 2022 1:09PM

So what do you guys think I should do with this card? Wipe off spot and resubmit? or try to sell as is?
    Don't want to put it on feebay because I don't have paypal and they charge 12.35% sale fee not to mention listing fees and paypal fees.
    As a 3 this card looks like a bargain for the overall condition. Unless there's some other issues we can't see that PSA can?
    I'd like to get my money back $100 submission fee plus $14 for return postage.
    But overall I submitted 3 cards a 1st edition charizard that came back a 7 and a 1999 unlimited charizard that this thread is about that came back a 9 and I hoped an 8.
    @RufussCkingston
    @Threeofsix

You guys seem to be the resident experts.

Love the 1885-CC Morgan
  • Options
    threeofsixthreeofsix Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭

@ccmorgan Hi!! Unfortunately I am no expert on grading…I am usually way off when it comes to my own submissions. But I do think everyone has kind of given you good advice here. Personally, I think that the three cards you graded will meet your selling expectations. Obviously your 7 and 9 will do fine. As for the 3, I think because it is a 1st edition and because it is the second Charizard card ever issued (the first of Dark Charizard) you can list it at a reasonable selling price and probably get a quick break even sale on it if that is what you choose to do. I think it is a very collectible card regardless of the grade. A PSA 6 sold recently for $183.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one.
    Live long, and prosper.
  • Options

@threeofsix said:
    @ccmorgan Hi!! Unfortunately I am no expert on grading…I am usually way off when it comes to my own submissions. But I do think everyone has kind of given you good advice here. Personally, I think that the three cards you graded will meet your selling expectations. Obviously your 7 and 9 will do fine. As for the 3, I think because it is a 1st edition and because it is the second Charizard card ever issued (the first of Dark Charizard) you can list it at a reasonable selling price and probably get a quick break even sale on it if that is what you choose to do. I think it is a very collectible card regardless of the grade. A PSA 6 sold recently for $183.

I did so good on the first two only to drop the ball on the 3rd card which is the least valuable card of the three thank god. lol
    Is there a pokemon forum that I can sell these cards to avoid feebay fees?

Love the 1885-CC Morgan
  • Options

@ccmorgan said:
    So what do you guys think I should do with this card? Wipe off spot and resubmit? or try to sell as is?
    Don't want to put it on feebay because I don't have paypal and they charge 12.35% sale fee not to mention listing fees and paypal fees.
    As a 3 this card looks like a bargain for the overall condition. Unless there's some other issues we can't see that PSA can?
    I'd like to get my money back $100 submission fee plus $14 for return postage.
    But overall I submitted 3 cards a 1st edition charizard that came back a 7 and a 1999 unlimited charizard that this thread is about that came back a 9 and I hoped an 8.
    @RufussCkingston
    @Threeofsix

You guys seem to be the resident experts.

I sent you a message about taking the Dark Charizard off your hands...

As for selling on FeeBay, there are no PayPal fees when selling since eBay sends the money to your bank account. Thus it is like a 10% sell fee and 2.35% transaction fee (like a paypal fee).

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭✭✭

Curious, what do you plan on asking for that 9 Charizard? If you have not yet sold it.

Collector, occasional seller

• Options

@ChrisH821 said:
    Curious, what do you plan on asking for that 9 Charizard? If you have not yet sold it.

Message sent.

Love the 1885-CC Morgan
  • Options

@ccmorgan said:
    I'll be putting these up for sale soon including the PSA 7 1st edition charizard to help recover some of the $$$ I've had tied up in these over the years.
    Still have a 1st edition dark charizard at PSA to be graded. That one might be a 8 I hope.

Did you already unload your 1st Edition Zard or have yet to put it up? Very interested. :-)

• Options

@jnoori said:

@ccmorgan said:

Did you already unload your 1st Edition Zard or have yet to put it up? Very interested. :-)

Message sent.

Love the 1885-CC Morgan