Homeβ€Ί U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Batman vs Superman

moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 1, 2022 9:39AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Edited to redact a somewhat funny but slightly political joke:

How can you tell that Batman is a xxxxxx, and Superman is a xxxxx?
Batman always xxxxx xxx xxxxx...

πŸ˜‚

Post your superhero coins!

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Comments

• Options
    Cranium_Basher73Cranium_Basher73 Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had to. I don't have any superhero coins.

Throw a coin enough times, and suppose one day it lands on its edge.

• Options
    P0CKETCHANGEP0CKETCHANGE Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Your joke is literally inherently political and is yet another post that has no business on this forum.

Nothing is as expensive as free money.

• Options
    edited January 31, 2022 5:06PM

@P0CKETCHANGE said:
    Your joke is literally inherently political and is yet another post that has no business on this forum.

What if it had the superhero coins and not the joke... is Canada close enough to USA, to allow this on US Coins forum? Gray area?

"No business on this forum", is your personal opine only, or is clearly the case, or is another dubious area that, given our charged political atmosphere, is akin to poking the bear?

It may be that we do need ZERO TOLERANCE for any whiff of policalness. If so, @HeatherBoyd please send me a PM. I want to enjoy what I consider good clean fun, but if i'm way over the line, set me straight!

Thanks! We're all in this together!

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options
    vplite99vplite99 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why not in the humor section?

Vplite99
  • Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,260 ✭✭✭✭✭

Even naming a political party is frowned upon here. Be careful.

• Options
    OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 31, 2022 7:36PM

@moursund said:

THAT IS A HARMLESS JOKE, please PLEASE do try to refrain from making this political.
    If we can't even have such a harmless joke without digressing, we shall be a sorry bunch. :smile:

A political joke is a political joke, and last I checked, it was against the rules of this forum. Your disclaimer doesn't make it acceptable. Do you think it should be ok for someone who has a different ideology to post "A harmless joke" as a rebuttle?

Re: superhero coins

That part of the post is on a coin related subject and there should be no reason why you can't post them. I have my own opinion about this type of coin, but it's easy enough to skip the post. I'm sure there is stuff I collect that many of you would find uninteresting.

Still don't understand the need to add the political joke. Are you so determined to add comedy to your posts that you couldn't help it?

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dumbing down the board, one post at a time.

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

What did you call me!?!?!? :o

• Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 31, 2022 8:31PM

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options
    edited January 31, 2022 9:10PM

@Oldhoopster said:

Still don't understand the need to add the political joke. Are you so determined to add comedy to your posts that you couldn't help it?

Actually, not far from the case. I have trouble not sharing humor that I find funny. If it falls on unappreciative ears (or eyes) it's no problem; some people may think I'm a pest from time to time. But with how problematic political subjects are here, I have to keep reminding myself that I should not rock the boat even a tiny bit. Unless it is supremely hilarious. But the Superman and Batman joke wasn't even that funny. πŸ˜‰

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

With 2 threads closed just today perhaps your timing was a little off. Can’t win them all πŸ˜‰πŸ˜Έ

🎢 shout shout, let it all out 🎢

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,230 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m not testing gray area when I point out this is the US coin forum AND we have a WORLD coin forum AND those are from CANADA NOT the US

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    edited January 31, 2022 10:12PM

Further there are NO US superhero coins
    NOR Tiger or Tigger coins

Curiously enough we have Cincy coins but the subject was never brought up.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

Not only was one thread closed for politics a user was bammed in the process

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:
    Further there are NO US superhero coins
    NOR Tiger or Tigger coins

Curiously enough we have Cincy coins but the subject was never brought up.

Well, Cincy coin would be close enough...

What about this "hobo nickel"? πŸ˜‰

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@moursund ... I like that hobo nickel... Is it listed for sale someplace?? Cheers, RickO

This discussion has been closed.