Home Sports Talk
Options

Brady fans angry at Gisele

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,956 ✭✭✭✭✭

A lot of Tom Brady fans are going on social media and expressing anger at Gisele and blaming her for Tom Brady's retirement.

Tom Brady retirement being blamed on wife Gisele Bundchen by his fans

As rumors swirl that Tom Brady is poised to announce his retirement from the NFL very soon, many football fans are taking to Twitter to lay blame for the end of the beloved quarterback’s career on his wife, fashion model Gisele Bundchen.

The duo married in 2009 and has remained together ever since as both their careers skyrocketed to new and exciting heights. However, ESPN and the NFL Network reported the Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback was set to walk away from the NFL after 22 seasons, while the 44-year-old reportedly told the team’s general manager, Jason Licht, that he has not formally made up his mind.

As the hemming and hawing on the matter continues from Brady, his fans have taken to Twitter to speculate that his wife is the one pulling his strings when it comes to retirement:

"Gisele won," one Twitter user wrote alongside a heartbreak emoji.

"Gisele breaking our hearts," another added.

"Gisele said, 'It's time," someone else joked.

"I hate you Gisele," a less subtle user wrote.

"I’m gonna say it. I’ve never been a Gisele fan. I’m sorry," someone else added.

"Breaking: Gisele remains primary breadwinner," one sarcastic user joked.

"Dear Gisele, Thank you. Sincerely, NFL Defenses. #TomBrady," someone else wrote.

Although some have rushed to Bundchen’s defense, this isn’t the first time that reports have indicated that she would like to see Brady hang up his helmet and retire from the contact sport.

In 2020, The Independent reported that Brady told Howard Stern that Bundchen expressed in a letter that she was unhappy with their marriage, alleging that he would be dedicated to football during the season and then spend the off-season focused on training and other business ventures, leaving little to no time for her or their kids.

Earlier this month, The New York Post reported that Brady appeared on his SiriusXM podcast "Let’s Go!" with co-host Jim Gray where he signaled that he was open to retirement, specifically noting that his wife struggles seeing him get hit on the field.

Although there are reports and rumors that Brady will retire, currently the man himself has not made it official. Brady’s representatives and the Buccaneers didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment from Fox News.

Brady, who usually shares any and all announcements on his social media, did not post about his retirement.

Comments

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,956 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think this might be sour grapes from a lot of Bucs fans, they probably realize without Brady, they're probably going to suck again.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

No, I want tommy to play until he can really retire. like at 65. then i will be happy.

seriously though, what has it been, 5-6 years since peyton retired? How much more can we expect?

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    At this point Brady has exceeded all expectations and then some.

He is going to be 45. Let’s give him and or his wife a free pass on him deciding to retire from the NFL lol

Amen. Well said.

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

If a young man falls down he gets up, dusts himself off, and maybe utters some bad words. If I fall down I lay there for about ten seconds to determine if I broke something. As good shape as TB is in for his age he is getting to where if a young well conditioned Linebacker or Defensive End hits him at full speed he may very well lay there a while to determine if something is broken. I would rather see TB ride off into the sunset than see his career end due to serious injury. I also would hate for the player who ended his career feel like crap for ending it.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

He retired for various reasons.... all of them legit. He's accomplished everything and more beyond anything imaginable.... His age....there is a great new crop of young quarterbacks on the rise so he will no longer be #1......he can't seem the beat the Rams, lost 3 consecutive regular season games to them and the Rams will be back next year to do it again.....so......there's no point. He should have gone out on top after the Super Bowl last year.....i.e. done a Koufax.

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

What was his career won/lost record against Miami, Buffalo, and the Jets? I think the answer to that question might go a long way in explaining his fabulous post season career.

• Options

it truly is amazing to me, that we never really saw TB decline. even after 22 professional seasons and at age 44,there was very very little if any decline.

I am thankful he didnt go out like Mays or Peyton Manning.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant said:
    What was his career won/lost record against Miami, Buffalo, and the Jets? I think the answer to that question might go a long way in explaining his fabulous post season career.

But he still had a fabulous postseason career regardless of how well he did or didn’t do against those 3 teams.

Once your in the postseason it’s a whole new platform of competition

• Options

what was brady, 35-11 in the post season if I recall correctly?

His postseason resume cannot be touched. it is almost otherworldly.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 1, 2022 6:43AM

Will it hurt the Bucks if Brady retires? Sure. They were go back to being a mediocre team that will finish .500 at best.

Still he'll 45, which is an old age for such a rough sport. I won't blame him if he does retire. It takes a lot of effort for a young man to hold up in this sport. At his age, it's remarkable.

If Brady quits, Gronk will retire too.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭✭

Lets hope he stays but I sure understand if he retires and Tampa Bay will lose a lot more often if he does. These young quarterbacks coming up play the game differently and will pay the price over a short number of years. It is a brutal sport.

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant said:

He went 90-22 for a 80.36% winning percentage against the AFCE.
    He went 153-53 for a 74.27% winning percentage against the rest of the NFL.
    There really isn't much difference there at all.

• Options
    edited February 1, 2022 8:43AM

@erikthredd said:

@Hydrant said:

Here are a couple more:
    He went 171-51 for a 77.03% winning percentage against the AFC.
    He went 72-24 for a 75% winning percentage against the NFC. Four of those losses were just from the Saints since going to TB.

(Disclaimer) all of these stats I've posted are counting just the regular season Wins/Losses

edit/ Some more:
    He went a combined 25-0 against the Falcons,Cowboys,Vikings and Bucs.

The Cards,Bears,Bengals,Browns ,Jags,Raiders,Giants,Eagles & 49ers each beat him once in the regular season for a combined 9-43 total record.(Again regular season numbers)

• Options

Here's his overall regular season records against every team.

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:

@Hydrant said:

He had as many playoff wins against NFC teams as Aaron Rodgers despite playing just two years in the NFC.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@Hydrant said:

But he still had a fabulous postseason career regardless of how well he did or didn’t do against those 3 teams.

Once your in the postseason it’s a whole new platform of competition

@hydrant Are you implying that Brady's post season success was based on playing bad teams within his own division during the regular season? If so, I believe you are wrong.The Patriots were dominant for almost twenty years playing everyone, not just divisional opponents.