Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1944 penny with both sides having the same orientation

I have a 1944 penny with multiple errors on both sides. The most obvious is both sides have the same orientation. Have you seen this before.

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2, 2022 7:04AM

@Roentgen... Welcome aboard. We will need pictures to verify issues. You will have to wait a couple of days to post pictures (forum protocol)... Though you can link them in a subsequent post. Or you can private message the pictures to one of us for evaluation and we can post them. Be sure to be specific. It is unlikely that your cent contains 'multiple errors' however. So be sure to clearly state what you think are errors. There are many experts here who willingly help individuals. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Snowman24Snowman24 Posts: 466 ✭✭✭
    edited January 31, 2022 10:13AM

I don't see 1944 on the census of Rotateddies.com but it hasn't been updated since 2013. Is there another online list of rotated coins ??

• Options

I have a 1944 penny with multiple errors on both sides. The most obvious is both sides have the same orientation. Have you seen

• Options

When I am enabled to post photos, I will see if I can figure out how to post them. Sounds like maybe tomorrow I can try, I don’t have a lot of computer skills but I’ll try. It is definitely rotated (I looked at many pennies, this on is definitely different) and has other errors maybe related to the rotation error?

• Options

I can post photos now. I turned the coin over from side to side and I didn’t rotate it after turning it over. Look at In God We Trust and United States of America, and Lincoln looks angry. The whole penny looks messed up.!

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not a coin - that’s definite

Most likely a bracelet charm - but no charm I’d want as it is the worst counterfeit ever

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    raysrays Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭✭✭

That coin does not appear genuine to me.

• Options
    P0CKETCHANGEP0CKETCHANGE Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

oh my

Nothing is as expensive as free money.

• Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,603 ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s not even a good copy.

• Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

Definitely counterfeit

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,759 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fake. :)

• Options

That would explain why there is soo much wrong with it. Thanks for your comments everyone.

• Options
    SapyxSapyx Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd call it a "jewellery replica" rather than a "counterfeit", since it wasn't intended to fool anyone into thinking it was a genuine coin.

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.
    Roman emperor Marcus Aurelius, "Meditations"

Apparently I have been awarded one DPOTD. B)
  • Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 5, 2022 8:49PM

OHH! That's horrible - a game piece?
    EDIT - Magnetic?

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fake

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options

United States “uf” America

"Rent regulation: an impenetrable thicket confusing not only to laymen but to lawyers".
  • Options
    moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

In God We Trusy

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options

I kinda like the United States Uf America.

• Options

It’s not magnetic

• Options

Some might wonder if it was real or a fake, that’s me. I’m not a coin collector, I just got a jar of wheat and steal pennies from my grandpa and thought this one looks very odd. I’m glad you all saw right through it and maybe saw some humor too.

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

I knew something was fishy when I saw “IN COD WE TRUSY!”

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options

I still can hardly believe I thought it was a real penny. Lol thanks again for your help and I’m glad i didn’t take it to an appraiser. He probably would have laughed me out of the room.

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,423 ✭✭✭✭✭

When expert professional authenticators examine a coin, one of their most important tools is the spell checker. ;)

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file