Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Tom Brady Retiring!!!

What a career and a run of cards for the GOAT!!

Comments

• threeofsixthreeofsix Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭

Great!!!

Now he can start doing card shows and start signing all of our memorabilia!!

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one.
    Live long, and prosper.
  • CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

ESPN goofed. Brady sr says not true.

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • threeofsixthreeofsix Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭

Retirementgate.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one.
    Live long, and prosper.
  • HallcoHallco Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

(image borrowed but a really cool collage)!

• TiborTibor Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hope he plays a couple of more years. Adds to the SB ring total.

• ccmorganccmorgan Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

Did the media goof or did they lie to get more ratings $$$?
    I choose the latter...

Love the 1885-CC Morgan
  • craig44craig44 Posts: 10,390 ✭✭✭✭✭

from what i have heard, Giselle is the one making this decision. I think if Tom was a single guy he would probably play until he couldn't.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• georgebailey2georgebailey2 Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭

I recall Reggie Jackson attributing this to Charlie Lau (although I can't find it):
    Play until you can't play, because, once you can't play, you can't play.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,390 ✭✭✭✭✭

@georgebailey2 said:
    I recall Reggie Jackson attributing this to Charlie Lau (although I can't find it):
    Play until you can't play, because, once you can't play, you can't play.

I hadn't heard this before. i like it

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

I thought he retired after the Rams loss...for the season. lol

Love the 1885-CC Morgan
  • cgfalconecgfalcone Posts: 92 ✭✭✭

@ccmorgan said:
    I choose the latter...

Looks like the media got it right then Tom lied about not having decided yet and not even being close to making up his mind yet because he was mad that someone else announced it before him.

• Browns1981Browns1981 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭✭

I can’t believe he’s retiring after one of his statistical best seasons, on a loaded team with a sure shot at the Super Bowl next year. We’ll never see another like Tom.

@cgfalcone said:

@ccmorgan said:
    I choose the latter...

Looks like the media got it right then Tom lied about not having decided yet and not even being close to making up his mind yet because he was mad that someone else announced it before him.

If that's true....Wouldn't you be?
    Pretty sad when you can't trust people, then there's the media HAH that would sell out their own mother and children.

:)

Love the 1885-CC Morgan
  • cgfalconecgfalcone Posts: 92 ✭✭✭

@ccmorgan said:

@cgfalcone said:

@ccmorgan said:
    I choose the latter...

If that's true....Wouldn't you be?
    Pretty sad when you can't trust people, then there's the media HAH that would sell out their own mother and children.

:)

Yeah I probably would be upset about it but as you seem to suggest I think I would be much more angry at whoever leaked it to the media (or whoever close to me leaked to someone who couldn't be trusted who then leaked it to the media) than I would be at the media who reported it. I also don't think I would lie and say I wasn't close to making up my mind and then announce my retirement 3 days later. I would think that would make me come off as a petty and ridiculous and a liar.

• daltexdaltex Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Browns1981 said:
    I can’t believe he’s retiring after one of his statistical best seasons, on a loaded team with a sure shot at the Super Bowl next year. We’ll never see another like Tom.

I don't think that's true. I've heard that the salary cap will tear the team apart.