Home Sports Talk
Options

Brady announces retirement For Reals. Peace out

JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 1, 2022 10:44AM in Sports Talk

Sundays will never be the same

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• Options
    edited January 29, 2022 12:59PM

With that announcement Matt Ryan might be the best QB in the NFC South

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,533 ✭✭✭✭✭

WOW can you believe it?

Tom Brady retiring. It’s surreal

• Options

@Justacommeman said:
    With that announcement Matt Ryan might be the best QB in the NFC South

This is my favorite meme or gif whatever, Double D had me in stitches when he posted this 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,228 ✭✭✭✭✭

TV news reporting it as definite

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    edited January 29, 2022 1:47PM

This isn't fair, he can't leave us, we need him. He'll be back, I guarantee it, he'll return in 2042 and he'll lead the Raiders to a Super Bowl victory, you'll see!

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭✭✭

it is very much time for the man to go. there is nothing more for him to prove in that sport. the absolute best time would have been to call it quits right after winning a ring with a team not named the New England Patriots, but it's often times very difficult for the best of the best to sever ties. but if he didn't do it then, he most definitely needs to now. he's been blessed with a charmed life and it's time for the next phase. if he sticks around and tries to extract that last scintilla of toothpaste from the tube, he runs the risk of uncharming his life to the point of not knowing who his family is for the remainder of his days.

not worth it GOAT, just ride off into that idyllic sunset.

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭✭✭

GOAT

• Options

I'm still in a state of shock over this, I thought he would be back for one last ride. This is going to take some time to process, I'll be thinking about this all night, I won't sleep a wink!

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

For you younger posters one day you’ll be able to tell your grandkids that you saw the greatest of all time play. For people in New England and fans that watched him beat their team you’ll be able to recount the times you saw him in person. This legend will live for all time.
    Love him or hate him he’s the greatest football player to ever step on the field.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

I'll bet you the Patriots sign him and he retires a Patriot.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

sure does seem to have happened fast. I wonder what percentage of this decision was made by Giselle and what percentage was made by tom?

so would bradys 2021 season and Koufax in 1966 be the two greatest final seasons for an athlete before retirement?

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

@perkdog I think that fainting GIF I lifted from galaxy27 and my wife. She's used it for years. She has used it for TB12, Jimmy G ( Jimmy Handsome), David Beckham and sadly Machine Gun Kelly

• Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

Brady sr says not true?

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    edited January 29, 2022 3:23PM

@Justacommeman said:
    @perkdog I think that fainting GIF I lifted from galaxy27 and my wife. She's used it for years. She has used it for TB12, Jimmy G ( Jimmy Handsome), David Beckham and sadly Machine Gun Kelly

It’s absolutely hilarious, I love it!

Oh and this one is great too! 😂😂😂

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is not surprising. Brady was starting to lose some of his passing sharpness toward the end of the season. It is better for him to go out almost on top.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

No official word and there are people saying that and there are people saying they have inside info

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

According to Tom Brady Sr. this story is a complete fabrication and Tom has not made a decision on retiring yet.

• Options

“ Brady’s own company, TB12 Sports, tweeted a farewell message to its co-founder but later deleted the tweet.”

• Options

This is crazy, I don't know what to believe. Reporter Mike Giardi tweeted this:

@MikeGiardi

"Checked in with Tom Brady Sr. who tells me, and I quote, "This story Mike is total conjecture. Tommy has not made a final decision one way or the other and anybody else that says that he has is absolutely wrong."

• Options

This could possibly just be Tom wanting to control how he announces his retirement.

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 29, 2022 5:53PM

The Rams beat Tommy, TWICE this year. Has he EVER lost TWO games in one season to the same team????? The Lovely Mrs Hydrant predicted both games. You can look it up here on the forum. Quote, "He's going to get STOMPED!" Both times! She knows her football! When the Rams beat you twice in one season it's time to hang it up. The Rams haven't beat the Niners in THREE years!!!!!.....Hey,.......regardless.....He is very good......it won't be the same without him.....what a player.....TOM TERRIFIC or JOE MONTANA!..... it's a toss up!

• Options
    edited January 29, 2022 6:00PM

• Options

@erikthredd said:

This could possibly just be Tom wanting to control how he announces his retirement.

What’s missing is the official announcement that this is only speculation.

Perhaps he hasn’t calmed down enough yet

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tommy, dont play with my emotions like this...

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

@Hydrant said:
    The Rams beat Tommy, TWICE this year. Has he EVER lost TWO games in one season to the same team?????

It actually happened more than you'd think.

Playing for NE: (every 2nd loss was playoffs)
    twice to Denver in 2005-06
    twice to Indy in 2006-07
    twice to NYJ in 2010-11
    twice to NYG in 2011-12
    twice to Baltimore in 2012-13
    twice to Denver in 2015-16

Playing for TB:
    twice to NO in 2020 (regular season games)
    twice to NO in 2021 (regular season games)
    twice to Rams

• Options
    edited January 29, 2022 6:14PM

Apparently Tom Brady is going to retire but his family and everyone is trying to keep it under control and let Tom himself make the announcement. This report was from about 45 minutes ago.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i9OQKH7v030

• Options
    edited January 29, 2022 6:33PM

If he does go out it would be on the back of one of his best statistical seasons ever. All this with missing his best RB ( Fournette) and his best WR (Godwin) the last month of the season. Of course AB most of the last half of the season. Would have loved to see him win a ring in his last game but all and all not too shabby. He's going to finish at least #2 in the MVP voting. He passed for the most yards in the NFL this year.

m

• Options
    edited January 29, 2022 7:16PM

@erikthredd said:

@Hydrant said:
    The Rams beat Tommy, TWICE this year. Has he EVER lost TWO games in one season to the same team?????

twice to Indy in 2006-07
    twice to NYJ in 2010-11
    twice to NYG in 2011-12

Playing for TB:
    twice to Rams

Wow!....Thanks erik....I love it.....It was a legit question on my part...thanks for the research..... How did you do it!!🤔

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well now what??????????

"TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — Only Tom Brady could turn a retirement decision into must-see drama.

Despite reports that he is retiring, Brady has told the Tampa Bay Buccaneers he hasn’t made up his mind, two people familiar with the details told The Associated Press."

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

I guess this is all you need to know - ..............Fathers just can't keep a secret.......LOL

"Brady’s father, Tom Brady, Sr., told multiple reporters that his son hasn’t made a firm decision yet."

• Options

@Hydrant said:

@erikthredd said:

@Hydrant said:

twice to Indy in 2006-07
    twice to NYJ in 2010-11
    twice to NYG in 2011-12

Playing for TB:
    twice to Rams

Wow!....Thanks erik....I love it.....It was a legit question on my part...thanks for the research..... How did you do it!!🤔

Well,the Celtics were blowing out the Pelicans and I was bored so I started here and kept clicking on "Next Season."
    https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nwe/2001/gamelog/

All of those teams from the NE list had success beating him in the playoffs after beating in season too. Remembering back, some of those games were really tough losses.
    Blowing a 21-6 halftime lead and giving up 32 2nd half points to the Colts in the AFCCG.
    Earning a playoff bye only to lose to Mark Sanchez & Bart Scott at home.
    That second Giants SB loss.
    The Ravens going on to win the SB after holding NE to 13pts at home in the AFCCG.
    A failed Brady to Edelman two point conversion to end a loss in the AFCCG in Denver.

You can definitely say this for Tom Brady & Bill Belichick,win or lose, there were so many memorable football games over the past twenty years. I am so glad I got to see it all firsthand as a Pats fan and celebrate with my old man and son when they won.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

There were a lot of tough games against the Ravens.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭✭✭

There's a lot of competition between Schefter and the other sports reporters to break the story
    first about Brady retiring so its not really unexpected that someone would jump the gun.

• Options

Thanks for the memories

• Options
    edited February 1, 2022 11:36AM

the first and last passes of TB's career

my how his career evolved from being down 25 to the Lions and hitting his receiver in the head to 7 rings & goat status

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2dTMmwFBAo

• Options

Brady's first pass in college was in mop up duty with Michigan waxing UCLA. It was a pick six

m

• Options

@Justacommeman said:
    Brady's first pass in college was in mop up duty with Michigan waxing UCLA. It was a pick six

m

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WwHCNMUWjc

• Options

Cool, I guess this means Aaron Rodgers will be going to the Bucs now, trying to feast off of Tom Brady's 2020 Super Bowl team scraps.

Aaron Rodgers, arriving in Tampa Bay....

• Options

@galaxy27 it was worse then I remember it

m

• Options

Maybe JimmyG to Tampa and he finally "replaces" TB#12?

m

• Options

Tom Brady used a picture with the #Bucs uniform and in a 700-word post didn't mention Bill Belichick's #Patriots once.

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

But he did follow up very quickly with a thank you to the Patriots.

• Options

Thanks Tom

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not happy with Brady intentionally leaving New England and New England fans out of his retirement message. His attempt to placate the upset fans with the short twitter message was pathetic. I am extremely disappointed.

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:
    I am not happy with Brady intentionally leaving New England and New England fans out of his retirement message. His attempt to placate the upset fans with the short twitter message was pathetic. I am extremely disappointed.

Why would he mention New England? He didn't retire from the Patriots, he retired from the Bucs. He already gave New England a wonderful, heartfelt send-off message 2 years ago.

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

nothingburger except from the butthurt fanboys. complain about 20 years of nonstop championships....weak