Options
High Roller Collectors
johnny010
Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'm sure this has been discussed before but at what point are you considered at the top of the coin collecting game? My dealer seems to think China has really gotten into collecting and driving prices up... said a lot of nice US pieces are headed out of the US now at a very fast rate.
0
Comments
I thought US pieces were coming FROM China.
Depends on how you define “top”…
Superb collections are built more by omission than by addition.
High roller collectors can live in an country I'm assuming and yes he has told me more than once they are getting into the US coin market at a rapid pace. Didn't know if there are big name collectors out there that people consider the biggest of the bigs when it comes to collecting. Assuming many are very private about their collections while there might be some who are more bold and well known.
There are at least a few "high rollers" on this Board... I live vicariously through their posts!
Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
1) There will always be people with extremely deep pockets who can buy what they want at any time.
2) There is also those with shallow pockets that must choose what they buy.
3) Then there are the window shoppers who wish they could buy a nice coin.
I am happily in between #2 & #3.
Wayne
Kennedys are my quest...
Let's poke the bear!
There are some that would consider a mid 5 figure coin dreck! Maybe you should've said mid 6 figure coins! That's what I would consider high roller as coins I couldn't or wouldn't buy due to financial limitations!
Any big timers on this forum?
I will say this. Not every collector who gets a vanity "provenance" line on their slab tags is among the real high rollers. It is a smaller group. Those guys pay much less regard to resale value and simply buy what they like and want.
I thought we called then whales ...
Well they need something to go by when your making copies.
Hoard the keys.
Legend's most recent market report states "classic rarities...are red hot with a group of west coast collectors that are disrupting the market and buying virtually everything that is neat."
Anyone know where all the "old bullion" is going?
There used to be pages of <MS64 1924 saints for sale.
Maybe dealers are holding???
My Saint Set