Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Found some coins, what am I looking at?

Found some coins at a house I'm working at, can't identify them myself. Asking for some help :)

Answers

• Options
    yosclimberyosclimber Posts: 4,600 ✭✭✭✭✭

Since you have a new account, you won't be able to post photos for a day or two,
    but you could put the photos on a site like imgur and link to them.

• Options

My apologies, I was unaware.
    https://imgur.com/a/vIQeHhD

• Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 28, 2022 1:48PM

Your looking at $3,26 cents USA spendable coins plus a 40 percent silver Ike dollar and a foreign 1 oz .999 silver coin.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options
    IkesTIkesT Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭✭✭

@gumby1234 said:
    Your looking at $3,26 cents USA spendable coins plus a 40 percent silver Ike dollar and a foreign 1 oz .999 silver coin.

The Ike dollar has a Denver mint mark, so it is copper-nickel clad (worth $1 in that condition).

• Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 28, 2022 1:56PM

@IkesT thanks. Looked like an S to me. Going blind in my old age

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 28, 2022 2:36PM

That foreign $1 1 ouncer is the key coin you have there. Am I reading that correctly?
    Australia? With Chinese scribblings? I bet that coin, when dipped, will look amazing! :*

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:
    That foreign $1 1 ouncer is the key coin you have there. Am I reading that correctly?
    Australia? With Chinese scribblings? I bet that coin, when dipped, will look amazing! :*

Lunar new year

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mostly U.S. coins with no numismatic premiums.... The silver coin will have value... not sure of collector interest. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file