Home Sports Talk

Comments

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,034 ✭✭✭✭✭

My best memory of Big Ben, he was tough as nails in his prime, hard to bring down, and I'll never forget when he saved the Steelers Super Bowl season and Jerome Bettis when he tripped up Nick Harper.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,034 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll also never forget that pass he made to Santonio Holmes in the Super Bowl.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

He's been retired for two years already on the field. Glad he made it official

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup I was about to say he should have done this 3 years ago but Mark beat me to it..... :)

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think Roethlisberger is 26-3-1 all time against the Browns! Glad to see him finally retire - B)

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

He has the longest run at QB with only one team. 18 years

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think that it was over for Big Ben when he tore up his elbow a few years ago.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 27, 2022 7:30PM

The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant has a nickname (nothing special, she has a nickname for all the quarterbacks)....... Anyway.....her nickname for Big Ben....."THAT FAT OLD MAN!".........Funny part?.....she has one boy the same age and one who is two years older than "THAT FAT OLD MAN!".......I told her that........ Her response..... "MY BOYS AREN'T FAT!"........She does have a point...... AND.....She is a good cook........TEXAS HOME STYLE......so.....I never argue with her.......it's a losing proposition....... Ahhh........those Texas Girls!!!!!!

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Update.......The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant has just now, this minute.... informed me that we have a BIG problem........ Here it is...."The Chiefs/ Bengals game starts at 12 o'clock......and where are we going to be????.....tailgating at So-Fi!!!!! We're going to miss the game! So she says, " I'm going to have a FRICKIN big screen put into the car so we don't miss it!"....she says,.."What do you think the parking lot cops will do?".....says she doesn't care......she's going to do it!.......It's all o.k......after that rant, she asked me if I want a repeat of last nights dinner ........CHICKEN FRIED STEAK....MASHED POTATOES... GREEN BEANS.....and.....DROP BISCUITS with BUTTER and HONEY!!!!!.......OHH....Sweet Baby Jesus!!!!!.... Time to install the BIG SCREEN!!!!!....... Texas girls are...really pretty...... they love football..... AND......Oh, LORDY.....CAN THEY COOK!!!!!!

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

I never cared for Big Ben

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was never a fan of Bens.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ben has a place across from me on lake Oconee. Beautiful spot on a point, big house. Haven't seen him around, but some of my friends have played golf with him, they say he's a nice guy, very personable.

• Options
    edited January 28, 2022 9:02AM

@MCMLVTopps said:
    Ben has a place across from me on lake Oconee. Beautiful spot on a point, big house. Haven't seen him around, but some of my friends have played golf with him, they say he's a nice guy, very personable.

That’s surprises me to hear, I always was under the impression that he was a Jay Cutler prototype.

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@MCMLVTopps said:

That’s surprises me to hear, I always was under the impression that he was a Jay Cutler prototype.

A poker friend of mine, who works at the Reynolds Plantation golf club, told me one day he was talking with his daughter when Ben walked in. He and the daughter are big Steelers fans. So, as the story goes, he told me he said to his daughter, "guess who just walked into the shop?" He told her it was Ben, of course she didn't believe him. So, he asked Ben if he'd talk with his daughter for a minute. Ben takes the phone and has a nice chat with his daughter. A moment to remember, I'm sure, pretty cool of Ben to be "regular".

• Options

@MCMLVTopps said:

@perkdog said:

@MCMLVTopps said:

A poker friend of mine, who works at the Reynolds Plantation golf club, told me one day he was talking with his daughter when Ben walked in. He and the daughter are big Steelers fans. So, as the story goes, he told me he said to his daughter, "guess who just walked into the shop?" He told her it was Ben, of course she didn't believe him. So, he asked Ben if he'd talk with his daughter for a minute. Ben takes the phone and has a nice chat with his daughter. A moment to remember, I'm sure, pretty cool of Ben to be "regular".

Very cool

• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats to Big Ben on a first ballot hall of fame career!

• Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21