Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Untoned Stripe Toners on Morgans — one source

There is a recently reopened old thread on untoned stripe Morgans. I have an old folder from First Coinvestors that provides an answer to the source of some of these stripe toners. All the Morgans in this folder exhibit untoned stripes on the reverse from the soft plastic bands that hold the coins in place within the folder. The obverses are resting in individual hard plastic “cups” that apparently are very effective at resisting toning.

Comments

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting, nice to solve the 'mystery'.

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do not like tarnished coins, and those with the stripe are even (IMO) more ugly. I have seen those albums/coins before... such a shame. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,926 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Lakeshore1 said:

There is a recently reopened old thread on untoned stripe Morgans. I have an old folder from First Coinvestors that provides an answer to the source of some of these stripe toners. All the Morgans in this folder exhibit untoned stripes on the reverse from the soft plastic bands that hold the coins in place within the folder. The obverses are resting in individual hard plastic “cups” that apparently are very effective at resisting toning.

Great post and album @Lakeshore1! It's great to see these with your description of how the album works.

• Options
    moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    I do not like tarnished coins, and those with the stripe are even (IMO) more ugly. I have seen those albums/coins before... such a shame. Cheers, RickO

Would you like them in a box? Would you like them with a fox?
    (if you don't get the reference, geisel have to try harder...)

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@moursund ....
    Not a box,
    Not a fox,
    Dipped clean,
    In my drawer with socks.

Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights