Home Sports Talk
Options

What brand should I drink for the Super Bowl?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

Last year I went with Budweiser, this year I'm not sure, so much to choose from.

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

Budweiser or Bud Light are my go to.

If you want to switch it up try the Seltzers, they are awesome in a large shaker glass of ice

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

Last year I went with Scofflaw Double Jeopardy IPA, 10% doesn't take too many.

• Options

4 Loko

How much did it sale for is one of the funniest and most ignorant things I've ever heard.

• Options

I don't drink too often, but Super Bowl Sunday is the exception, I'm getting hammered!

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bud Light. I'll be at the game and slamming 'em down at the tailgating before the game. Inside it's $18.50 a pop so that's a no-go. If the Rams are playing I'll go easy on the suds because I want to be able to understand what I'm watching and that's very difficult when it looks like there's four teams on the field at the same time and there's two balls simultaneously flying through the air. If the Niners are playing, all bets are off. I'll be telling my troubles to the little yellow bubbles pregame and in that case I'll most likely need to bring the wheelchair along so I can be rolled into the joint......let's hope it doesn't come down to that. 😓

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭

For the true connoisseur of imbibing, who wishes to get hammered in classic style. Behold the Nectar of the Gods, guaranteed to get you wasted in short order and in the classiest manner. Pls hide the children, notify the neighbors in the event you really do a nutso and run naked through the neighborhood screaming "The British Are Coming". Maybe the wife should take the kiddies to a safer venue.

At a paltry $1k per bottle and a stout 141.7 proof, this jewel is your sleigh ride to Nirvana. Enjoy the Superbowl! B) Oh yeah, don't forget to get a box/case of those Little Debbie snackies you've become so fond of, a.k.a PLB tasty cakes.

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭✭✭

Back in my drinking days, we used to have the worst beer "Big Game" party. You brought the worst beer you could find and everyone else had to drink each others beers.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options

That Jack Daniels looks very delicious, that will get you nice and toasted!

• Options

@perkdog said:

If you want to switch it up try the Seltzers, they are awesome in a large shaker glass of ice

I haven't tried the seltzers yet, and I love ice!

• Options

Speaking of ice, this looks delicious.

• Options

Look at the way it just sits there in the ice, taunting me, tormenting me, calling my name, it's enough to drive you insane!

• Options
    envoy982envoy982 Posts: 368 ✭✭✭

@MCMLVTopps said:
    For the true connoisseur of imbibing, who wishes to get hammered in classic style. Behold the Nectar of the Gods, guaranteed to get you wasted in short order and in the classiest manner. Pls hide the children, notify the neighbors in the event you really do a nutso and run naked through the neighborhood screaming "The British Are Coming". Maybe the wife should take the kiddies to a safer venue.

At a paltry $1k per bottle and a stout 141.7 proof, this jewel is your sleigh ride to Nirvana. Enjoy the Superbowl! B) Oh yeah, don't forget to get a box/case of those Little Debbie snackies you've become so fond of, a.k.a PLB tasty cakes.

Some Coy Hill hazmat will certainly do the trick! I came here to suggest some bourbon but you beat me to it! Well played. :)

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

I picked this up for the game but had to sample it - 120 Proof - still smooth as apple cider B)

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    Speaking of ice, this looks delicious.

Heineken has that after taste that ruins it, a borderline skunk taste

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@perkdog said:

Try the White Claw Black Cherry!

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why even bother with a particular brand.......

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 26, 2022 12:56PM

Use your imagination!

Go outside your comfort zone and into pure discomfort!

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

@perkdog said:

Try the White Claw Black Cherry!

Oh spiked seltzer, I have to try this!

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭✭✭

double d here's a hat for you to wear during the game

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    double d here's a hat for you to wear during the game

That is awesome! 😃

• Options
    edited January 26, 2022 1:46PM

And now a word from our sponsors:

This thread is brought to you by beer.

• Options

@Steven59 said:
    I picked this up for the game but had to sample it - 120 Proof - still smooth as apple cider B)

Juke Joint Whiskey, how could you go wrong?

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I no longer drink. And I usually don't answer questions like this. But I see that you need some help @doubledragon . I will give you two recommendations. First, a nice Indian Pale Ale. Second, Guinness. The cans. Pour it into a proper glass.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    I no longer drink. And I usually don't answer questions like this. But I see that you need some help @doubledragon . I will give you two recommendations. First, a nice Indian Pale Ale. Second, Guinness. The cans. Pour it into a proper glass.

Guinness, I've always wanted to try that, I've seen the commercials for it but haven't gotten around to trying it yet. This is such a difficult decision to make, so many great choices!

• Options

I do like the beer with team logos on them, I wonder if they still make them?

• Options

Of course, when you're loaded, it's a tradition to do something stupid, and it's the right thing to do.

• Options

I remember one time, when I was in my 20s, we bought a bottle of this stuff and it burned like crazy when you drank it, 190 proof, 95% alcohol, gentleman I give you.....

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 27, 2022 11:08AM

@doubledragon

This better be the only brand you're concerned with!!!
    Happy Wife, Happy Life!!!!

• Options

@Tibor said:
    @doubledragon

Wal-Mart is out of Pattie Pies again, the wife isn't too happy right now, luckily I was able to find something else to replace the pies with. These cream cheese brownies are delicious, brownies with cream cheese frosting!

• Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon When God slams a door shut, a window opens. Better
    stock up like it's Y2K.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭✭✭

if you'd like to switch things up and go the liqueur route, make some of these bad boys on Super Bowl Sunday

guaranteed to be the best shots you've ever imbibed

baby stout:

fill a shot glass roughly 2/3 to 3/4 of the way with coffee patron (which is a must), then float the irish cream on top (doesn't necessarily have to be Bailey's, as they are quite proud of their product $$$)

you're welcome in advance

cheers

• Options

@Tibor said:
    @doubledragon When God slams a door shut, a window opens. Better
    stock up like it's Y2K.

I did, I bought 4 boxes!

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    if you'd like to switch things up and go the liqueur route, make some of these bad boys on Super Bowl Sunday

guaranteed to be the best shots you've ever imbibed

baby stout:

fill a shot glass roughly 2/3 to 3/4 of the way with coffee patron (which is a must), then float the irish cream on top (doesn't necessarily have to be Bailey's, as they are quite proud of their product $$$)

you're welcome in advance

cheers

Coffee with Irish cream, nice touch! 🖒

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 27, 2022 12:24PM

Show your sophistication by drinking French! :D

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 27, 2022 12:24PM

If it’s between LA and Kansas City, I’d opt for Ripple. No celebrations there.

Last year I had Johnnie Walker Blue.

Revised to say that Ripple is too expense. A Google search revealed that an unopened bottle now sells for $150 to $200. The site I found said it sold for $1. When I was college, it was 88 cents. I guess the vintage doesn’t matter.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

@doubledragon said:

@Tibor said:
    @doubledragon

Wal-Mart is out of Pattie Pies again, the wife isn't too happy right now, luckily I was able to find something else to replace the pies with. These cream cheese brownies are delicious, brownies with cream cheese frosting!

Sad to see how far you've fallen. You will undoubtedly need a full blown Intervention and endure the initiation and a dues penalty for having wandered too far off the reservation of Reese's world.
    Patti Pies...dream of this...just when I was gonna tell you how to get one.

• Options

@MCMLVTopps said:

@doubledragon said:

@Tibor said:
    @doubledragon

Sad to see how far you've fallen. You will undoubtedly need a full blown Intervention and endure the initiation and a dues penalty for having wandered too far off the reservation of Reese's world.
    Patti Pies...dream of this...just when I was gonna tell you how to get one.

I demand to know how to get one, and who is this mysterious Eric, this is torture!

• Options

Have a real beer, Narragansett! You can play "Crush it like Quint" every time you finish one. Not too hard, since the cans are paper thin aluminum now compared to the original steel ones.

• Options

Actually, the one he crushed was aluminum as well.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=736WfO6TIeY