Home Sports Talk
Options

If Mahomes gets another ring....

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

is he the heir apparent to Tom Brady?

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

He has a long way to go but he is well on his way.

• Options

Josh Allen is one heck of a quarterback as well, Mahomes vs Allen could be the new Brady vs Manning.

• Options

I do believe Josh Allen will lead the Bills to a Super Bowl victory, he is that good, he was phenomenal last night, both quarterbacks were.

• Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭✭

Yes, Mahomes is the heir apparent. He won't have the longevity but even in a "down" year he led his team to the AFC championship again. A very Brady-esque season for Mahomes this year.

I picked up a bunch of Mahomes RCs in 2019 since he looked like the next great QB. I like Herbert over Allen because I just don't think Allen will hold up long term with all the rushing he does.

Robb

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you are leaving another truly great qb out of the eq. in this thread - Herbert. Herbert is the one who set qb records for their first 2 years in the league with a weaker team that Mahomes has had at KC, so.........

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mahomes is the only player I can think of ever that , "I Love To Hate.".....He's just so Damn good! If he was on the Cowboys I don't think I'd ever watch another game!

• Options

@spacehayduke said:
    I think you are leaving another truly great qb out of the eq. in this thread - Herbert. Herbert is the one who set qb records for their first 2 years in the league with a weaker team that Mahomes has had at KC, so.........

Herbert is a great quarterback, no doubt about it, I love watching him. I think we'll definately see him in the Super Bowl in the future.

• Options

Josh Allen was talking about Patrick Mahomes after last night's game, and he said the first thing Mahomes did after throwing the game winning touchdown was go over to the Bills sideline and find him and show him respect for playing his guts out, Mahomes is all class.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

I waiting for somewhere in the 30s and a numbers examination to deem heir apparent

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 24, 2022 9:22PM

I don't think you can say he's the heir apparent to Brady, I mean who else is ever going to win 7 Super Bowls.
    The youngsters, Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, Burrow should probably only be compared to each other
    throughout their careers since they all started playing in the NFL within 1 or 2 years of each other.
    In 10-12 years it will be interesting to see who has had the most success.

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

You do have to remember these QB's are playing in a "Don't touch me" league? The BEST? Maybe stat wise - Maybe I'm wrong but Len Dawson then compared to Mahomes now? Bart Starr then compared to Rodgers now? Roman Gabriel then compared to Stafford now? The discussion could go on............???

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Herbert is good...the Chargers will never build a team around him....because that's the way it is..........Herbert will be a Ram.....bank on it.

• Options
    AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

I dunno... The Chargers have a history of squandering great quarterbacks - Hadl, Fouts, Rivers...

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭

@fergie23 said:
    Yes, Mahomes is the heir apparent. He won't have the longevity but even in a "down" year he led his team to the AFC championship again. A very Brady-esque season for Mahomes this year.

I picked up a bunch of Mahomes RCs in 2019 since he looked like the next great QB. I like Herbert over Allen because I just don't think Allen will hold up long term with all the rushing he does.

Robb

I grabbed a Mahomes rookie a few years ago also, wish I grabbed a bunch like you did. Now Herbert I've been stocking up on his rookies the past 2 years I have 16 now.