Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

How did I do guys?

joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 21, 2022 11:58PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Hi guys,
Went to my favorite LCS today. She had these in the "Circulated" tray. At $5 a piece. Couldn't believe it! To me, these certainly look more like Uncirculated. Also, I cherry picked these not only because of its dazzling appearance for the money but I thought the two are surely "Full Split Bands"? What do you guys say? Did I do good?
Thank You.

1942d

'42 Bands Close ups

1945d

'45 Bands Close ups

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Comments

• Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,008 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hard to grade from those pictures, but my guess:

1942-D: MS63 full bands
    1945-D: MS65 full bands

• Options
    edited January 22, 2022 7:58AM

@dcarr said:
    Hard to grade from those pictures, but my guess:

1942-D: MS63 full bands
    1945-D: MS65 full bands

Wow, thank you, sir. This coming from you means alot to me. Thanks Dan for replying with your expertise. Lol. So, you actually would say, FB's? I knew these were too good to let go.
    Thanks again. :)

Hey, by the Way...

Congratulations on the New York Times recognitions!
    Awesome, dude. ;)

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options

Maybe, a tad Better?

1942d

1945d

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice coin for the price 👍

• Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

No need to show closeups of the top and bottom bands. They’re meaningless with respect to the “FB” designation - only the middle ones matter.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

Better than the $5 price! I would have grabbed them to!

• Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice deal Joey.
    I think the 45D may be a just miss on the FB.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options
    mr1931Smr1931S Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ya did good. Lots a coin bang 💥there for five bucks a pop.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.-Albert Einstein

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,318 ✭✭✭✭✭

You certainly got your money's worth, Joey. Congrats.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options

@MFeld said:
    No need to show closeups of the top and bottom bands. They’re meaningless with respect to the “FB” designation - only the middle ones matter.

Thanks, for some reason, I keep forgetting this? Do you know how many people reminded me of this, including you? Lol.
    Don't get old.
    Thanks ;)

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

Joey when you figure out how to prevent aging please let me know 😂. It’s causing a world of problems over here 🤨
    Nice Merc’s.

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:

@MFeld said:

Thanks, for some reason, I keep forgetting this? Do you know how many people reminded me of this, including you? Lol.
    Don't get old.
    Thanks ;)

I guess not enough people have reminded you, yet.😄

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are very nice Mercury dimes @JoeyCoins .... Looks like you did well.... Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file