Home U.S. Coin Forum

CAC Membership

USMCUSMC Posts: 329 ✭✭✭✭

Today I am Happier Than Finding A Quarter In A Penny Bag. I Did
Receive My CAC Membership Kit In The Mail Today ....

Comments

• coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,712 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats, fill out your first submission yet. :D;)

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Che_GrapesChe_Grapes Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭✭✭

I tried sometime back and was told they are not accepting new members

• TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,589 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Che_Grapes said:
    I tried sometime back and was told they are not accepting new members

They only accept a few times per year. But if you submit anyway you can be in the queue ready for them to evaluate when they do open.

• SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats.

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very cool!

• LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a free eval for collector members, not dealers.

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats - how long a wait was it??

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

@USMC do you know why they called the coin collector "Alfred"?
    Because all of his pennies were "'Alf Red".

Thank you, I'll be here all week!

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

@moursund said:

Thanks for the warning. ;)

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

@PerryHall said:

@moursund said:

OH GEEZ, now you've done it... you responded to me, thus encouraging my bad behavior.

I would give you a joke about paper money, but it's too tearable.

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the club, it is a great club to be in, not only from being able to submit coins to CAC, but they send out swag from time to time and there is the CAC Market Review magazine that you get.

Best, SH

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • rkprkp Posts: 430 ✭✭✭

@moursund said:

@PerryHall said:

@moursund said:

OH GEEZ, now you've done it... you responded to me, thus encouraging my bad behavior.

I would give you a joke about paper money, but it's too tearable.

"Rim" shot

• DollarAfterDollarDollarAfterDollar Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been a member for a number of years. I submit coins in my collection and those I have encapsulated that I truly believe deserve a bean so as to not abuse the service which is free to Collector Members on coins that fail to bean. I'm about 75% on my submissions. There's a great deal to be learned about grading using this method.
    When coins don't bean you can request your money back or just apply it to a future submission. They keep great records. They just opened a chat forum so there's yet another avenue to nerd out.

If you do what you always did, you get what you always got.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations on your membership. They also have a CAC forum which is similar to this.... Cheers, RickO

• jkrkjkrk Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 22, 2022 11:25AM

@coastaljerseyguy said:
    Congrats. Interesting business model they do not charge if coin doesn't sticker. Almost a free evaluation.

@USMC said:
    Today I am Happier Than Finding A Quarter In A Penny Bag. I Did
    Receive My CAC Membership Kit In The Mail Today ....

I add my congrats.

Like you, I was euphoric upon finding out that I was accepted into the club. Those were great days.

Now I have send hundreds of coins to CAC which measure my skills as a coin buyer. I go through each box eagerly awaiting my results. My heart beats a little faster as I take off the lids looking through the coins. I am exalted wen I see a green bean on the corner of the slab. On the other hand I feel a bit of sadness when I go through a bunch of slabs and see nothing but a monochrome of color on the slab. There is no green contrasting look on those slabs. My happiest moment is when I bring the slabs and usually leave with tears running down my face.

I am envious of those that show me a75% success rate. Those that relish in the idea that CAC has reinforced their credibility. Kudos to those since they understand how to grade.

I wonder why I face the humiliation of bringing coins to CAC only to be ashamed of the results? My wife says that perhaps, "you should learn how to grade before you buy coins and submit them"? Instead I am a glutton for punishment.

What can I say after the abusive lines I hear from my wife? I paused and told her , "I go because the people at CAC are such nice individuals". Besides, they always have a decent selection of chocolate in the front."

• MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 22, 2022 1:21PM

Over under on how long Kelly green will be on the forums. I am taking the under

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,410 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats, that's good to here

• jkrkjkrk Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mgarmy said:

Interesting phrasing? Kelly green has been posting for almost a year yet 10 posts?

Seems very knowledgeable of the hobby. Diplomatic? Not really. Says what he believes. My assumptions..Not a big fan of fourth party grading. Perhaps even questions TPG? Posts are usually very blunt.

To answer ur specific question... Kelly Green, Possibly, already has been banned under another handle? Perhaps he still posts, on this site, under another handle so he can rant under the KG name and should he cross the line can remain a member in good standing.

@jkrk said:

@Mgarmy said:

Interesting phrasing? Kelly green has been posting for almost a year yet 10 posts?

Seems very knowledgeable of the hobby. Diplomatic? Not really. Says what he believes. My assumptions..Not a big fan of fourth party grading. Perhaps even questions TPG? Posts are usually very blunt.

To answer ur specific question... Kelly Green, Possibly, already has been banned under another handle? Perhaps he still posts, on this site, under another handle so he can rant under the KG name and should he cross the line can remain a member in good standing.

But having multiple accounts is against the rules! 😠

• ReadyFireAimReadyFireAim Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 23, 2022 5:40AM

@KellyGreen77 said:
    ...conducting business in Eurafool, Pennsyltucky

Any of yinz who aren't from PA. This map might be helpful. ;)

• MonsterCoinzMonsterCoinz Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd submit hundreds of graded coins per year if they'd ever open up their membership. I've tried off and on for YEARS and it always says they aren't accepting new member. :neutral:

www.MonsterCoinz.com | My Toned Showcase

Check out my iPhone app SlabReader!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file