Home U.S. Coin Forum

Comments

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,749 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't post and drive. :#

Two silver quarters. What's the backstory?

Get them in change? Fantastic!!! :p

Paid $100 each for them? You were robbed. :/

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,937 ✭✭✭✭✭

You can get 16 to 20 times face for them because of the silver content. No numismatic premium.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

@291fifth said:
    You can get 16 to 20 times face for them because of the silver content. No numismatic premium.

But the top one is rotated 30%! :tongue:

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,292 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sometimes take my silver coins out for a drive also - :)

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,292 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Ellis0425 said:

Hmmmmmmm

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

And you get free latent fingerprints on the rev....forever!.

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    JimWJimW Posts: 540 ✭✭✭✭

Based on the flips in the background - probably not found in change :)

Successful BST Transactions: erwindoc, VTchaser, moursund, robkool, RelicKING, Herb_T, Meltdown

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,809 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’d be more careful next time.

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought the title should be "Sorry, driving". Then I reconsidered....

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome. You’ve been a member for 15 days now so I’m going to start you out with coin do’s and don’t’s.
    Please don’t handle coins like your doing in your pictures. Hold by the edges. Cotton gloves or a cotton t-shirt. On a low value coin it’s not important ( although it’s a habit you should develop ). It will cost big time with more valuable coins. Also it’s as close as you can come to simulating “fingernails on a chalkboard “ for collectors.

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Ellis0425... Welcome aboard. You have two silver Washington quarters. I see no other distinguishing characteristics that could add numismatic value. Those pictures are not conducive to grading, so no guesses. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not to mention texting and driving is probably not the best life choice 🤨

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options

To all I was driving and a friend was scratching all my coins up and posting in passengers seat. Thanks for concerns. Also I have about 200 pounds or better they came from my grandfather's bar which was open in 60s and he had kept everything silver original rolls from bank and sacks of loose change. May I add everyone is and has been very helpful here. That's refreshing

• Options

Ps lol on the rotation and flips is what I have been putting them in. But friend took out for pic I guess. As he knows nothing of the hobby in which to handle ect ...

• Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,408 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Not to mention texting and driving is probably not the best life choice 🤨

Balancing coins and driving is even worse!

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options

Imagine

• Options

Yellow matter custard dripping from a dead dogs eye. I believe them guys said that to. They were high.

• Options

Didn't they live in a yellow submarine. Surrounded by strawberry fields. Neighboring a walrus and one Sergeant pepper and some crazy guy with a silver hammer. Yeah sound advice coming from that crowd!

• Options
    CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Ellis0425 said:

Also I have about 200 pounds or better they came from my grandfather's bar which was open in 60s and he had kept everything silver original rolls from bank and sacks of loose change.

Let's see some pics of the original rolls and sacks of loose change.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file