Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Name That Coin!

“When you don't know what you're talking about, it's hard to know when you're finished.” - Tommy Smothers

Comments

• Options
    rooksmithrooksmith Posts: 972 ✭✭✭✭

Just practicing with my camera and took this one as a first try.

“When you don't know what you're talking about, it's hard to know when you're finished.” - Tommy Smothers
  • Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rooksmith said:
    [ Just practicing with my camera and took this one as a first try.]

Well, it takes nice close-ups! :)

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    Che_GrapesChe_Grapes Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭✭✭

That the 21 Crossing the Delaware quarter?

• Options

No - but it was a quarter - hint: 2017

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Indiana ?
    nice pic

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options

Yep -- George Rogers Clark . I dont know who the guy in the picture is, but hes on the lower left hand corner.

Here was the photo second clue I was going to add to post:

• Options

Interesting back story on this. If you are a student of history, and forgot all about the French and Indian War.

The British flag would not be raised above Fort Sackville on the morning of February 25, 1779. British Lieutenant-Governor Henry Hamilton and his garrison marched out of the fort at 10 a.m. and surrendered to American Colonel George Rogers Clark.

The British dominated a large portion of the Trans-Appalachian frontier after the French and Indian War. The Proclamation of 1763 forbid the settlement of lands west of the Appalachian Mountains. From their posts north of the Ohio River, the British sent Indian war parties against those settlers who ignored the proclamation line, including those in Kentucky.

https://www.nps.gov/gero/learn/historyculture/index.htm

• Options

He is one of the frontiersmen of Lieutenant Colonel George Rogers Clark.
    The coin design features George Rogers Clark leading his men through the flooded plains approaching Fort Sackville.

great thread @rooksmith , keep it going :)

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice close ups.
    I am jealous of them.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options

I know it's an error coin, but this one's going to take me some time, any hints @ErrorsOnCoins :)

• Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1630Boston said:
    I know it's an error coin, but this one's going to take me some time, any hints @ErrorsOnCoins :)

No, it's called research like Zions does all day every day :)

• Options

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

@1630Boston said:

No, it's called research like Zions does all day every day :)

I'm having trouble on this one too. Is it a National Parks Quarter?

• Options

Here's a new one for you all. Hint: its from a 50 States Quarter (should be easy) for you, @1630Boston

• Options

Another clue for you all: (same coin)

• Options

Shite -- my bad -- that was not a 50 state, that was an America the Beautiful Quarter..

• Options

Clue #3:

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

Minn?

bob:)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options

@rooksmith
    @AUandAG beat me to it :)
    On reverse side of the coin, the design shows a loon wading in the waters at Voyageurs National Park. Voyageurs National Park is located in northern Minnesota.

• Options

BINGO... 2018

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file