Home Metal Detecting
Options

Metal Detecting Florida

Just retired and moved to Florida from Michigan. And with the extra time on my hands I was thinking about getting back into metal detecting. I moved into Cape Coral and thought I would try the Fort Myers and Sannabel beaches for starters. Any thoughts on the areas? Also looking to purchase the Minelab CTX3030 detector. Any thoughts on this detector? It would be a good upgrade from the Gold Bug that I just got rid of. Thanks in advance
DiggerJim

BST transactions - mach1ne - Ronyahski - pitboss (x2) - Bigbuck1975 (x2) - jimineez1 - nk1nk - bidask - WaterSport - logger7 - SurfinxHI (x2) - Smittys - Bennybravo - Proofcollector

Comments

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats on your retirement and move. I'm not familiar with Minelab so l can't say. What I do know is your machine must be submersible, you're gonna need waterproof headphones cause the crashing surf is noisy. I'm sure others shall chime in. Good luck. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    DiggerJimDiggerJim Posts: 406 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks Roy. The Minelab CTX3030 is waterproof up 10 feet of water so hopefully that w cover me.

DiggerJim

BST transactions - mach1ne - Ronyahski - pitboss (x2) - Bigbuck1975 (x2) - jimineez1 - nk1nk - bidask - WaterSport - logger7 - SurfinxHI (x2) - Smittys - Bennybravo - Proofcollector

• Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

Treasure coast. Find a bobby dazzler :)

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is great.... Good opportunity to find some treasure gold coins.... Be sure to have a detector that is not affected by salt water detecting.... some are. Then study the beach and surf lines... There is a trough (a dip in the sand) just offshore... Wade out to that and detect that trough... Good stuff tends to end up there. That being said, the rest of the beach should be detected also. Good luck, Cheers, RickO

• Options

@DiggerJim I looked that machine up and should do well in the high salt ground. I wear scuba boots, made myself a wire basket with waist belt and a surf scoop with handles. @ricko is correct, the treasure coast after a storm. Can't wait to see what you find. Good luck. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

Thanks guys. Great stuff. I believe the treasure coast is on the east coast and I am on the gulf. That’s a couple hour road trip for me but if it’s as productive as I’ve been reading it would be worth it to go for a weekend. Gonna make the purchase this weekend. Can’t wait.

• Options

@DiggerJim Are you buying from Kellyco? You can reduce the price by not buying the swag that they add to the package.

• Options

@Namvet69 said:
    @DiggerJim I looked that machine up and should do well in the high salt ground. I wear scuba boots, made myself a wire basket with waist belt and a surf scoop with handles. @ricko is correct, the treasure coast after a storm. Can't wait to see what you find. Good luck. Peace Roy

@Namvet69 looks like you’ve been doing this awhile. You have everything dialed in for beaches..

• Options

@Namvet69 said:
    @DiggerJim Are you buying from Kellyco? You can reduce the price by not buying the swag that they add to the package.

Yes that is my plan. So where is the best place to get the accessories? Does Kellyco have military discounts?

• Options

PM sent

• Options
    Bayard1908Bayard1908 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭

I have metal detected in that area, although not on the beaches. No way would I buy a CTX3030. Get a Minelab Equinox for a fraction of the price.