Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What is PSA policy when PSA Authorized Dealer Group Submitter don't pay for the cards when finished?

RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 20, 2022 11:58AM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Comments

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭✭

is there a Cliff Notes version of this story? I can't sit through a 21 minute video

Thanks

IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭✭

Authorized PSA Dealer took prepayment for all group subs. Then when cards were finished being graded, didn't pay for them cause they broke!!!

• Options
    19591959 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭

Dealer should not collect money until PSA has graded cards and requests payment. PSA does not get paid until cards are graded and ready for sending. ALL dealers that I send to PSA do not collect my money until cards are in their hands. That way , if I don't pay they have cards. Call psa and see if you can pay only for your cards. and good luck'.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

He's got the Ken Goldin water thing down to a science

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭

This young man (Ryan) deserves recognition for how he handled a situation that was not his doing. Good for him!

"I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • Options
    AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • Options
    ArtVandelayArtVandelay Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭

Fantastic to hear PSA taking the steps to right people that have been wronged in this situation. Classy move!

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

Reading more into this story I'm seeing reports of roughly seven figures in grading fees taken in by this dealer. If that is true I can't even imagine how many cards that amounts too or how many collectors there are sitting on pins & needles right now wondering if they'll ever see their cards again.
    Logan Paul's 3.5M case of GI Joes cards was a huge black eye on this hobby but I honestly think this incident with Marx cards has the potential to much,much worse.

• Options
    voxels123voxels123 Posts: 240 ✭✭✭

Seems to be a function of these absurd TOTs. PSA needs to get this huge problem remedied.

• Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭✭

Can’t imagine giving a fly-by-night group submitter a bunch of cards to send to PSA for me. What are people thinking?

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    voxels123voxels123 Posts: 240 ✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:
    He's got the Ken Goldin water thing down to a science

m

Seriously. A horrible speaker/communicator. He makes me nervous.

• Options
    GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

I am glad PSA is being proactive here and helping to return the cards to the owners. Not a good day for the hobby. There's a place for PSA authorized dealers, but the issue has always been can you trust them. As PSA works to process the backlog, I suspect we will have a few more of this non payment situations. These subs with all ultra modern cards are basically bleeding money when they hit ebay, myslab, shows, and etc.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Painful

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭✭✭

I skimmed the massive thread about this on Blowout. From what I gather won't they need Marx cards to confirm which cards belong to which submitters? There are supposedly other subs from Marx that were in-process and ungraded. I assume those raw cards will be sent back? How will PSA know? I don't know how the group subs work at PSA but I assume that PSA doesn't know which person subbed the cards to Marx.

Mike
  • Options
    Kepper19Kepper19 Posts: 313 ✭✭✭

@eyebone said:
    This young man (Ryan) deserves recognition for how he handled a situation that was not his doing. Good for him!

yet he was sending cards to another group submitter but didn't inform his customers he was doing that...I can promise you that if everyone knew that there cards were going to Ryan and then to another guy who they didn't even know existed, they would not have sent their cards to Ryan. He clearly dropped the ball on this one, regardless if he paid the missing money or not..

• Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭

^^^Fair comment Kepper19.

Though I firmly believe two things:
    1. that he did it in the belief that it would expedite the process for those who entrusted him with their cards. Can't blame for trying to move the painfully slow process along more quickly.
    2. that he thought Marx legit. He certainly had no reason to believe a certified PSA group submitter to be otherwise (at least none that I can think of).

If things had gone as they should have, I assume most of the people who entrusted Ryan with their cards would have applauded his decision to submit through Marx.

But at the end of the day he did everything he could to get people their cards back safely.

"I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • Options
    82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 22, 2022 4:18PM

@ndleo said:
    I skimmed the massive thread about this on Blowout. From what I gather won't they need Marx cards to confirm which cards belong to which submitters? There are supposedly other subs from Marx that were in-process and ungraded. I assume those raw cards will be sent back? How will PSA know? I don't know how the group subs work at PSA but I assume that PSA doesn't know which person subbed the cards to Marx.

_We are currently requesting detailed account information from Marx Cards for the impacted orders still at PSA with the expressed goal of returning cards to their rightful owners as soon as possible. _

If Marx does not supply their records, those with cards may be SOL. Perhaps I'm a bit jaded but I do not expect any Card Dealer to do any semblance of what is morally "right"

Unless otherwise specified my posts represent only my opinion, not fact.

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

I'm curious how much these people are paying to have two layers of group subbers to submit their own cards... I mean they're not doing it for free, and it can't possibly be cheaper than simply submitting their cards themselves. The guy in the video says it makes him "feel better" that someone (Marx) is walking them into PSA in-person, but simple insurance (that he's already paying to ship the cards to Marx) would cover that. I understand that mega-submitters get a discount from PSA, but you know Marx and this dude are taking that difference for themselves. I just don't get it.

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 22, 2022 8:57PM

@eyebone said:

Ryan is a quality guy. He's very much a modern dealer but he does a lot to promote the hobby. He creates a ton of great video content, including a series showing his purchase and move to a new physical store.

That said, sketchy as heck to submit through another party without telling his customers.

• Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭✭✭

What a mess. Some people have thousands of dollars worth of cards stuck in limbo. This is going to take a long time to fix, hopefully Marx does the right thing but I'm not betting on it.

Mike
  • Options

does it say that PSA is returning the cards graded or ungraded since PSA didn't get paid? I guess it is good to get your cards back but if they are ungraded after paying and waiting a year that would totally stink :(

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tabe said:

@eyebone said:

Ryan is a quality guy. He's very much a modern dealer but he does a lot to promote the hobby. He creates a ton of great video content, including a series showing his purchase and move to a new physical store.

That said, sketchy as heck to submit through another party without telling his customers.

He's actually put out more info about that.