Home Sports Talk
Options

Antonio Brown insists he's not mentally ill

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,956 ✭✭✭✭✭

Antonio Brown insists 'there's nothing wrong with my mental health' following meltdown on Buccaneers' sideline

Antonio Brown is once again unemployed following his well-documented exit from the Buccaneers' Week 17 game vs. the Jets.

Brown's meltdown — in which he removed his pads and undershirt before leaving the field following a discussion with coach Bruce Arians — is the latest episode from the five-time All-Pro receiver. Those incidents, which partly contributed to his moving on from the Steelers, Raiders and Patriots, have led many to claim he has undiagnosed mental health issues — a notion he adamantly refuted in an appearance on Brandon Marshall's "I Am Athlete" show.

Per TMZ, Brown addressed his mental health in the show alongside Marshall, former NBA star Nick Young and former first-round NFL draft pick Jared Odrick. In his appearance, Brown took exception to people who questioned his mental health, saying he left the Bucs because Arians wanted him to play while injured.

"Why every time something happens bad, or how someone reacts, 'Aw, he's crazy, there's something wrong with his mental health,'" Brown said. "There's nothing wrong with my mental health. Someone told me to get the f—k out of here. I'm not passive-aggressive."

"An NFL Super Bowl team coach told a guy on the team who's playing hurt 'get the f—k out of here.'"

This isn't the first time Brown has dismissed notions of deteriorating mental health. In a Jan. 7 interview with the "Full Send" podcast, Brown said he wasn't worried he had CTE as a result of repeated blows to the head.

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,491 ✭✭✭✭✭

Umm most mentally ill people think they are fine lol

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭✭✭

and I am not fat, just a little husky.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,956 ✭✭✭✭✭

His explanation seems legjt to me, just like when my wife doesn't want me to drink, and I have to hide my whiskey from her, I disguise it.

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,292 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 20, 2022 1:16PM

AB taking after CB - :)

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why waste time with this clown?

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tom Brady went to bat for this guy, and his meltdown was the reward.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

He's not mentally ill, just suffering from the effects of too many shots to the head. Repeated physical brain injuries never heal. He'll just get more and more unstable as time goes by.