Home Sports Talk
Options

Bruce Arians fined $50K for slapping players helmet

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,034 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bruce Arians was fined $50,000 for slapping his safety's helmet during the Eagles game, do you think he should be fined for this? Here's the incident on video.

Comments

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭

Slight elbow toss too

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    edited January 19, 2022 2:35PM

Antonio Brown took notice of this incident and tweeted "Pit not the palace" whatever that means.

• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭

Absolutely not. Ridiculous to be fined for that. And 50K that's some serious coin too!

• Options

@LandrysFedora said:
    Absolutely not. Ridiculous to be fined for that. And 50K that's some serious coin too!

I think it's ridiculous too, he said he was just trying to keep Adams from pulling guys off the pile because you can get penalized for pulling guys off of a pile. He plans on appealing the fine, but knowing the NFL, I doubt he'll win the appeal, but you never know.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

He should be fined for such a weak attempt of a slap.

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

Perfectly defines what the NFL has become.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 20, 2022 3:21AM

That’s ridiculous, I got hit harder by my elementary school teacher and I was just fine.

• Options

You know what I think, I think the NFL has gotten greedy!

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks more like he was trying to push him out of the way and missed up high. But when I saw that happen I knew it was gonna cause some problems with somebody.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

It's ok, Roger Goodell gets his $50K, don't spend it all in one place big daddy!

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    It's ok, Roger Goodell gets his $50K, don't spend it all in one place big daddy!

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will take the unpopular view. while these guys are professional athletes, they are also employees of the team. the coach is their "manager" so to speak. a "manager" has no right to lay hands on an employee. I think a precedent should be set here. I personally dont think a 50k fine is anywhere near enough punishment for management striking an employee. I would have suspended him for one game.

keep in mind. he did this on live TV. if he is comfortable enough striking an employee in front of everyone, what is going on in practice?

I know one thing, if any management at my job decided it was appropriate to lay hands on me, one of us is going to need an ambulance.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    edited January 20, 2022 7:41AM

@craig44 said:
    I will take the unpopular view. while these guys are professional athletes, they are also employees of the team. the coach is their "manager" so to speak. a "manager" has no right to lay hands on an employee. I think a precedent should be set here. I personally dont think a 50k fine is anywhere near enough punishment for management striking an employee. I would have suspended him for one game.

keep in mind. he did this on live TV. if he is comfortable enough striking an employee in front of everyone, what is going on in practice?

I know one thing, if any management at my job decided it was appropriate to lay hands on me, one of us is going to need an ambulance.

I agree to a point, I mean sure at work if anyone puts their hands on me I’m throwing punches, that is absolutely a fact.

On the football field with a Helmet on is a different story. Personally I think grabbing someone by the face mask is worse than a smack on the helmet.

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:

Exactly.

• Options

Come on guys, it's Bruce Arians we're talking about, he's Tommy's coach, he's our beloved Bruce Arians and he wants to help Tommy get another ring. Can't we let him off the hook just this one time? He'll be eternally grateful.

• Options
    MisterTim1962MisterTim1962 Posts: 318 ✭✭✭

If that big bad football player was injured from that girl slap from a 69 year old man, it's time to cut him from the team ASAP...

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MisterTim1962 said:
    If that big bad football player was injured from that girl slap from a 69 year old man, it's time to cut him from the team ASAP...

Who's talking about him being injured?

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

As a fan, I really get tired of players losing their tempers and getting penalized for stupid stuff, like fighting or pushing someone when the play is over or the runner is out of bounds.. Sometimes I feel like reaching though the TV screen and hitting them on the helmet.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Goodell raking in the pocket money...........

"Dallas Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott was fined $25,000 by the NFL for his comments related to game officials after Sunday's (January 16) 23-17 loss to the San Francisco 49ers in the NFC Wild Card Round, a source confirmed to ESPN on Thursday (January 20)"

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"