Home Sports Talk
Options

Thoughts on Rams vs Bucs?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,937 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm curious, how do you think this one plays out?

Comments

• Options

Of course, the opinion I'm most interested in here is Mrs. Hydrant, that girl knows her football.

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hold on, I'll go ask her.......be right back.

• Options
    edited January 18, 2022 10:25AM

Quote from The Lovely One, "I think Tommy needs to be worried...... he's going to get slammed.......the Rams defense is going to be a big issue.". ..now you know.

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭✭✭

If Wirfs and Jensen are not healthy, the Bucs could be in big trouble.

• Options
    edited January 18, 2022 10:32AM

I see the game as a toss up. If the Rams win...great!..... but if they lose, there's no shame in losing to the best quarterback EVER!.....just give the fans a good game.....that's all that really matters! Win or lose......HAVE FUN!.....ENJOY THE GAME!

• Options

I'm happy about the way the final 4 shook out in the NFC. The Bucs, Packers, Rams, and Niners are the 4 best teams in the conference. Anything can happen at this point but those 4 teams deserve to be where they are now.....Congratulations to all 4 teams. I think there is going to be some very good games this weekend!

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭✭

this will be a very very difficult game for the goat. pressure up the middle is the most difficult thing to deal with. the Rams have that in spades.

I still think TB will win, but it will be a close game.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭✭

I think if the Bucs can get pressure on Stafford that they win. IMO it is the Bucs D vs the Rams O that is the matchup that will decide things. Having said that, we will see a 42-38 barnburner instead.

Robb

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bucs by 7-10

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

Stafford will fold under pressure and throw 2 picks.

TOMPA 31- 17

• Options

I can't bet against number 12, at home, in the playoffs, just ain't happening. Tell Mrs Hydrant I'm sorry, but I can't pick the Rams. This is getting me emotional, I haven't been this emotional since Tyson gave Holyfield back his ear.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Rams beat the dickens out of the Bucs in the regular season. That was a home game for the Rams, and they were flying high at the time.

This time it's in Tampa, and Rams have been so-so of late. Yes, they kicked the Cardinals butts, but the Cardinals were on a downward spiral. The Rams also lost to San Francisco when they needed a win.

I am hoping that the Bucs can pull it out. As good as Brady is, this can't last forever. When Brady retires, it will be back to the salt mines for the Bucs.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 18, 2022 1:44PM

We have also seen the Bucs get shut out at home by a Saints team a few weeks ago. TB also needed last second heroics against the lowly Jets recently. I'm torn on this game. I was a little surprised by the line. I was expecting TB -1. It's TB -3.

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    edited January 18, 2022 2:06PM

@perkdog said:
    Stafford will fold under pressure and throw 2 picks.

TOMPA 31- 17

Perky.....with all due respect, it doesn't take a genius to come up with that gem of wisdom!......That is EVERY Rams fan's worst nightmare!!!!! Everybody thinks that!!!! You are late to the game. EeeGaddS!!!! You can come up with something better......I know you can......

P.S. Maybe 3 picks????

• Options
    edited January 18, 2022 2:03PM

Perky,...you might be right.....I have to be honest here.......under pressure, and in the Red Zone on both ends of the field, I have NEVER.....NEVER, seen a quarterback make more STUPID, BONEHEADED, and IDIOTIC passes than Stafford. In one season! It's scary. The Rams would probably have gone undefeated if it weren't for Staffords throwing pick 6 interceptions while he's laying on his back with 3 defenders on top of him!.......BUT......They seem to have got it under control last night, so who knows?........ However.......THE RAMS DEFENSE IS ON FIRE!......that and Kupp is their only hope against.... THE MAN!

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,131 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 18, 2022 2:17PM

@PaulMaul said:

If Wirfs and Jensen are not healthy, the Bucs could be in big trouble.

this right here. the Rams can generate all kinds of pressure as is, so just imagine the havoc they'll wreak with guys who are < 100% or, heaven forbid, against backups. and that's merely employing the front 4. just imagine what's gonna happen when LA ratchets up the intensity with some linebackers. TB is so used to feeling comfortable in the pocket.............it may be complete mayhem around him on Sunday

and no one has mentioned Akers. that kid is a legit back who adds a new dimension to that offense at just the right time

this could easily be Brady's last game of the season

• Options

One thing is for sure, we'll find out who wins this game this weekend, no more hiding, no more excuses, no more greasy onion rings.

• Options
    edited January 18, 2022 2:36PM

@galaxy27 said:

and no one has mentioned Akers. that kid is a legit back who adds a new dimension to that offense at just the right time

Yes, the Rams kept him inactive all season due to an injury except for the last game against the Niners (to get him warmed up for the playoffs) and last night......he is fresh, well rested and ready to go......could be a problem for the Bucs.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

Every year we say Tom can’t do it again. I’m not even going to say it again this year. As long as Tom Brady is on the field I won’t count them out. If I had to wager, which I will I’ll take Brady vs the Rams.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,302 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant said:
    Quote from The Lovely One, "I think Tommy needs to be worried...... he's going to get slammed.......the Rams defense is going to be a big issue.". ..now you know.

Hydrant- Your lovely wife just said exactly what I was thinking when I saw the title of the thread.
    If the Rams D gets pressure on Brady like they did on Kyler Murray then the Bucs are in for a long game.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options

Did anyone notice the energy the Rams brought in the Cards game? Arizona looked lethargic and the
    Rams looked like they were ready to go out and beat the hell out of the Avengers.
    Tampa isn't going to match that energy either, and with an immobile 44 year old QB that could be extremely problematic.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options

Rams 38 Bucs 17.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭✭✭

C Yah Sunday boys!!

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am going RAMS. Old Brady legs run down often by Donald..............

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    edited January 22, 2022 6:04AM

Toss up.

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 21, 2022 8:31PM

I'm for TB. Never under estimated the GOAT.

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options
    edited January 22, 2022 6:02AM

?

• Options
    charliej2356charliej2356 Posts: 277 ✭✭✭

Definition of "Goat Rope": A confusing, disorganized situation often attributed to or marked by human error.

When Brady can't handle the pressure on Sunday, the announcers are more likely to refer to a "Goat Rope" than to the G.O.A.T.

• Options
    edited January 23, 2022 11:24AM

I think that the Rams/Bucs game today will be the first time that I ever really have wanted in a big way for the Rams to win a game. I know that sounds odd, but being a lifelong Rams fan requires a certain mental adjustment of accepting defeat. We've had some really lousy teams over the years and even when the teams are good they never came through at the end. I'm talking L.A. Rams here. Anyway, I just enjoy the game win or lose......But, the game today is different. The Rams and Niners have always been my two favorite teams. I want to go to the game next week and see the Rams and Niners go head to head for the championship. SoFi Stadium would be a madhouse and I guarantee you that the Rams fans won't sell their tickets to Niner fans for that game.....It would be the highlight of my lifelong obsession with football.

• Options

Well I know GOAT is in the game, and GOAT wins again and again. But. This is Stafford's time, his only time so far in his career and he is going to rise to the chance as he did in Round 1. I am thinking the Rams have a good chance in this game if they play their game. The key is to push on Brady every play and the Rams DL has the capability to do that. We will see.

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options

Here is Stafford's stats in round 1 and that was with backing off when they ran up the score on Az:

Thems good numbers for sure. Here is the top 6 reg season QB's in QBR. It's pretty close btw Brady and Stafford, so whichever defense is most disruptive is going to push their time to V in this one. Same for Allen and Mahomes and mabye that means Bills have the edge even tho' I am still going with my KC pick.

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pulling for the Rams and my Dawg Staffy.

• Options
    tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭✭

Brady is my man and even my cat Tommy will sit with me to watch him win another playoff game today. Go Buks!

• Options

I can't wait for this game, that Rams defense vs the GOAT, this is going to be very interesting. I'm pumped!

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭✭

would the game just start already. enough pregame...

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,131 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:

would the game just start already. enough pregame...

just in case you're being serious, the first quarter is almost over (2:39 pm CST)

• Options

Nice, Kupp had to wait up to catch it but still ran right through the B's backfield like it was never there.

17-3 RAMS

• Options
    GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

Hang on to your seat. 2 score game and one quarter left.

• Options
    tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭✭

Brady almost pulled it off. The football season is over this year as both my teams are out of it. Congratulations to the Rams as they played a great game.

I hope whoever your team that is still in it wins.

Its on to nascar and baseball for me.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice to see Stafford succeed with legit talent finally surrounding him.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    edited January 23, 2022 5:50PM

@grote15 said:
    Nice to see Stafford succeed with legit talent finally surrounding him.

The guy is a gunslinger with a huge arm, talent and a lot of moxy. He's also a great human being.

His wife is a little out there. She is currently with my wife on a project through the playoffs

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 24, 2022 8:04AM

I was at the game. Bucs offense was a tic off the whole first half due to line play. Starting tackle Wirfs out against Donald and Von Miller was extremely unfortunate. Bucs got some lucky breaks to claw their way back and then when they did, went straight into bone-head mode and letting the one guy you HAVE to cover, Cupp, beat them.
    Brady was hit much more than usual. This game proves once again LINE play wins and loses in the NFL.

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those last forty seconds saw some HUGE mistakes by the Bucs. Starting with no squib kick. Why? This is the situation it is made for. Then that corner blitz. Terrible defensive call. The worst.

• Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:
    Those last forty seconds saw some HUGE mistakes by the Bucs. Starting with no squib kick. Why? This is the situation it is made for. Then that corner blitz. Terrible defensive call. The worst.

Yes, it's tough because the bills then did the opposite playing very soft coverage and got burned themselves. Tough game.

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options

I was pissed at the Bucs D for how they played at the end, until I watched the end of the Chiefs/Bills game. That said, you would think the Bucs would figure out that Kupp needed to be covered.

Robb

• Options

@fergie23 said:
    I was pissed at the Bucs D for how they played at the end, until I watched the end of the Chiefs/Bills game. That said, you would think the Bucs would figure out that Kupp needed to be covered.

Robb

I agree with you about the coverage on Kupp. But he presents the same problems for every defense. Kupp gets open like that all the time.....in every game.......the man can't be covered. What you are watching with regards to Kupp is a player who is just so good that no defender has a chance. He's quick. Fast. Smart. Best all around player I've ever seen......

• Options

Rice & Moss were the best all around WRs ever. Kupp is good but the Bucs didn't bother double teaming him. Reminded me of that game last year with Tyreke Hill where the Bucs gave up like 200 yards to him in the first half because they refused to change their D. Let's see how Kupp does next year, he is basically a 1 year wonder at this point.

Robb

• Options
    edited January 24, 2022 9:56AM

Stafford said that Kupp was running a sacrificial " love of the game route". One in which you sprint 50 yards down field to draw out two defenders and throw to someone underneath. He said Kupp was the last guy he thought would be open and was the forth option but he noticed that TB was confused at the snap. At that point he figured Kupp may all of a sudden be the best option. Arians said that it was supposed to be a cover 0 blitz but note everyone got the memo.

m

• Options
    edited January 24, 2022 10:05AM

It's a miracle that the Rams won that game. From their last drive in the second quarter, with the goal line fumble, on into the second half (3 more fumbles?) I never saw a team try so hard to lose. I'm thinking maybe the Bucs aren't all that good.

• Options
    edited January 24, 2022 10:15AM

@Hydrant said:
    It's a miracle that the Rams won that game. From their last drive in the second quarter, with the goal line fumble, on into the second half (3 more fumbles?) I never saw a team try so hard to lose. I'm thinking maybe the Bucs aren't all that good.

4 fumbles. ( Kupp, 2 by Akers, one snap over Staffords head) One blown coverage. A missed FG from 47 yards out that was SHORT. Yes, it was like watching the Lions vs Lions part of the game

m