Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA/DNA Slabbed Turnaround Time

Hi All,
I know this would likely be more appropriate for the auto forum but know it gets much less traffic. For psa/dna slabbed items (tickets, postcard, etc) what have folks experience been with turnaround time? Had an item delivered to psa/dna today that will be slabbed instead of a sticker.
Main concern is I have a certain window for a refund if it turns up no good so was curious of other's experiences.

Collecting
HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS

Comments

• Options
    nevets209nevets209 Posts: 71 ✭✭
    edited January 18, 2022 8:49AM

I sent a few in last month.
    Received: 12/7/21
    Entered: 12/18/21
    and still waiting

• Options
    ccmorganccmorgan Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭
    edited January 18, 2022 1:39PM

Stopping at USPS today to mail/submit 3 cards.
    I'll keep you posted but I believe it will be quite some time...

Love the 1885-CC Morgan
  • Options

Does PSA notify you when your package is received?

Love the 1885-CC Morgan
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭✭

thanks everyone. CCMorgan- I believe, yes an email alert when logged in, not when received. your shipping tracking should tell you when the package arrives there.

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    edited January 19, 2022 10:47AM

@Ahmanfan said:
    thanks everyone. CCMorgan- I believe, yes an email alert when logged in, not when received. your shipping tracking should tell you when the package arrives there.

Yes that's what I meant.
    This is my first submission to PSA. I was just curious if their procedures were similar to others.
    Thanks

Love the 1885-CC Morgan
  • Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sent two in under express . Received on the 6th logged on the 10th. They are currently still in R & ID.

"EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options

Sent 3 cards and they arrived on the 20th. Two @ $100 and the 1st edition charizard on walkthrough for $600, ouch.
    Just got an email requesting to review order for possible error.
    Checked and the 1st edition is listed with correct description and a cert number already? But no grade.
    Maybe they grade the walk throughs ASAP due to the $$$ one pays?
    No info on the other two charizards yet but they were entered on the 25th.

Love the 1885-CC Morgan
  • Options
    threeofsixthreeofsix Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭

@ccmorgan You may want to call their customer service number and ask them. I don’t think the issue is card related, but service related. (I thought that the walk through service level means you are handing the card to them…I could be wrong…but since you mailed them, that may be where it is incorrect). But please check with them first, since I am sure they can help you in this instance. It’s probably a quick fix from here. Good luck.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one.
    Live long, and prosper.
  • Options

@threeofsix Calling takes forever. It's best to leave your number then keep the phone handy so you don't miss when they call back.
    A week ago I called 10 mins after they opened and was 20th in the que. Left my number and they called back 1+ hrs later.

Here's the deal. When they received the cards they put a hold on the walk through order. Tried to call me twice but I missed it. I don't live with my phone like most do. Tried to call them back like I mentioned above to see what the issue was?
    According to them you're not supposed to submit cards with different levels/value for grading. Didn't know that.
    When I finally talked to them they wanted my approval for them to ship the cards back separately. Leading me to believe they just might give priority to the walk through card. Anyway after the phone conversation they e-mailed me and I confirmed it was ok in the e-mail for them to ship the cards back separately. A day later the hold was removed from the walk through and now today it has a cert number and name (1999 pokemon game 4 charizard 1st edition)

Seems more economical to ship the cards together but not it the walk through does indeed have priority?
    We'll see but I'm not expecting anything anytime soon.
    Cheers....

Love the 1885-CC Morgan
  • Options

@ccmorgan Oh…ok. It sounds like you got it worked out. Once your items are in the queue, you should be able to track them through the process. You may get them back in relatively quick fashion.

I hope you do well.

Live long, and prosper.
  • Options

@ccmorgan said:
    @threeofsix Calling takes forever. It's best to leave your number then keep the phone handy so you don't miss when they call back.
    A week ago I called 10 mins after they opened and was 20th in the que. Left my number and they called back 1+ hrs later.

Here's the deal. When they received the cards they put a hold on the walk through order. Tried to call me twice but I missed it. I don't live with my phone like most do. Tried to call them back like I mentioned above to see what the issue was?
    According to them you're not supposed to submit cards with different levels/value for grading. Didn't know that.
    When I finally talked to them they wanted my approval for them to ship the cards back separately. Leading me to believe they just might give priority to the walk through card. Anyway after the phone conversation they e-mailed me and I confirmed it was ok in the e-mail for them to ship the cards back separately. A day later the hold was removed from the walk through and now today it has a cert number and name (1999 pokemon game 4 charizard 1st edition)

Seems more economical to ship the cards together but not it the walk through does indeed have priority?
    Cheers....

I've shipped different service level cards in the same box. However they each need their own submission form. Was that the mix up?

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options

@Ahmanfan said:

@ccmorgan said:

Cheers....

I've shipped different service level cards in the same box. However they each need their own submission form. Was that the mix up?

Yes I had a separate submission form for each one. They just wanted my permission to ship the cards back (after grading) separately. Didn't make much sense to me, but I suppose some people might get nervous if they receive one card back out of multiple submissions. Then complain wondering if their cards were lost?

Love the 1885-CC Morgan
  • Options

Weird. I would expect multiple shipments if the service levels are different.

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    edited January 26, 2022 11:19AM

OK to my disbelief the 1ST edition charizard walk through has been graded and shipped with a delivery date of friday this week. The other two cards have a cert number assigned to them.
    It graded a NM 7 which is what I and a couple others in my pokemon thread guessed.

They received my order on the 20th and delivery is expected on the 27th.
    So it would be 7 days on turnaround time for the walk through card.
    Maybe they gave me preferential treatment for being my first ever submission to PSA?

Love the 1885-CC Morgan
  • Options

Walkthrough is the fastest service, so if you paid that high of a grading fee I would expect it that fast... no surprise...

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options

Wow…A PSA 7 1st Edition Charizard on your first PSA submission. Well done!

Live long, and prosper.
  • Options

@Ahmanfan said:
    Walkthrough is the fastest service, so if you paid that high of a grading fee I would expect it that fast... no surprise...

The grading fees are according to value. $300 is up to $4,999 max value and $600 is up to $ $9,999 in value.
    One can't pay $300 for a card worth $9,000 to have graded which is what I put down for the value of my 1st ed charizard according to their price list. The submission forms will not allow you to continue if you post a value beyond the price range for that value, and if you do value it less to save $$$ they will charge you more after grading if the card grades for a higher value. I just learned all this with help from others the last few weeks.
    Anyway my first rodeo here and I didn't want to screw up the paper work on my first order or any for that matter.
    @threeofsix was a big help.

Cheers...

Love the 1885-CC Morgan
  • Options

My auto postcard was entered yesterday. No clue if I'm looking at a week, a month, or 6 months.

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options

@nevets209 said:
    and still waiting

any luck on yours?

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options

@Ahmanfan said:

@nevets209 said:
    and still waiting

any luck on yours?

Yes, Popped yesterday 1/31/22

• Options

Two of the three I submitted were the $100 price.
    Mailed priority 1-18-22
    Arrived 1-20-22
    Grades e-mailed to me 2-3-22
    Not shipped yet but I suspect next week.

Love the 1885-CC Morgan