JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 16, 2022 7:49PM in Sports Talk

Post em as you cook em

Did this today while the games were on.

Kosher salt
Fresh ground pepper
Tri Tip Steak

Smoker until it hits 130 degrees
Sear at 500 degrees for about 4 minutes on each side. Bring the meat to 150. Slice against the grain

This came out unreal

Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,228 ✭✭✭✭✭

out classed

I'll be eating factory ribs tomorrow night

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow! Looks fantastic!!

• Options
    edited January 23, 2022 9:00PM

Well the tomahawk steak seemed to be appropriate now that I think about it.

Smoked at 225 for 75 minutes.
    Seared at 500 two minutes on each side

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

I had homemade pizza

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:
    Post em as you cook em

Did this today while the games were on.

Kosher salt
    Fresh ground pepper
    Tri Tip Steak

Smoker until it hits 130 degrees
    Sear at 500 degrees for about 4 minutes on each side. Bring the meat to 150. Slice against the grain

This came out unreal

Under cooked Mark! I like it burned....black....dry....toasted....burned some more! CHARCOAL.......UMMM! BUT HEY, to each his own......Great games today.......that's the main thing.......and......the salad looks fabulous!

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

The food looks much better than the way today’s games ended. When you end up rooting for Kansas City to win the Super Bowl, and you are not from Kansas City, you know it’s a bad year.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,533 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 24, 2022 5:18AM

@Justacommeman said:
    Well the tomahawk steak seemed to be appropriate now that I think about it.

Smoked at 225 for 75 minutes.
    Seared at 500 two minutes on each side

Beautiful steak but gaaaaaad damn ya gotta cook it!!!

I know I’m in the minority with liking my beef Medium Well but that looks to be really undercooked. Unless the smoking cooked it thoroughly?

• Options
    MisterTim1962MisterTim1962 Posts: 318 ✭✭✭

Man, I can feel my arteries closing up just looking at those pics! Try grilling some chicken or fish and you'll live a lot longer.

• Options
    edited January 24, 2022 10:10AM

@MisterTim1962 said:
    Man, I can feel my arteries closing up just looking at those pics! Try grilling some chicken or fish and you'll live a lot longer.

I do. Steak is a once a week thing. I'm 6' 0 and 180 lbs and I eat keto and gluten free. I work out 13 out of 14 days. You do you and I'll do me.

m

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MisterTim1962 said:
    { Try grilling some chicken or fish and you'll live a lot longer. }

Ya ever been to a nursing home? Trust me, you DON'T want to live alot longer. Take the steak now and enjoy life while you can.............

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

@perkdog I grew up in Detroit where you eat meat well done. Like really well done. Once I started traveling globally I started adjusting especially at group dinners where you all eat from the same steak. Medium was always the compromise. From there I got down to between rare and medium rare. When smoking it's all about internal temperature.

mark

• Options
    edited January 24, 2022 10:47AM

@Justacommeman said:
    @perkdog I grew up in Detroit where you eat meat well done. Like really well done. Once I started traveling globally I started adjusting especially at group dinners where you all eat from the same steak. Medium was always the compromise. From there I got down to between rare and medium rare. When smoking it's all about internal temperature.

mark

Interesting. I’ve always preferred my beef or anything I eat well done, but with steak I’ve been able to enjoy it with a little pink in the middle, but rare will just not be anything I would even try. I do know I’m in the minority.

Now let me ask you this, will you eat the fat? My buddy will take the rubbery fat and chew it right up. Like even with a piece of Prime Rib there will be absolutely nothing left of it except the bone.

• Options
    edited January 24, 2022 10:57AM

@perkdog said:

@Justacommeman said:

mark

Interesting. I’ve always preferred my beef or anything I eat well done, but with steak I’ve been able to enjoy it with a little pink in the middle, but rare will just not be anything I would even try. I do know I’m in the minority.

Now let me ask you this, will you eat the fat? My buddy will take the rubbery fat and chew it right up. Like even with a piece of Prime Rib there will be absolutely nothing left of it except the bone.

I leave the fatty pieces and the bone to these guys.

• Options
    edited January 24, 2022 11:10AM

@Justacommeman said:

@perkdog said:

@Justacommeman said:

mark

I leave the fatty pieces and the bone to these guys.

Nice! What a great pair of buddies 👍🏼👍🏼

• Options
    edited February 7, 2022 5:47PM

@MisterTim1962 said:

I had fish tonight. My long term care health insurance runs out when Im 112. Im torn on what to eat tomorrow. I did check my butt just to be sure the steak wasn't going to my ass

m

• Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those steaks look great, perfectly cooked. You are quite the accomplished
    grill/smoke master.

• Options

I ate the fat when I was younger. It needs to be properly rendered for me and that means to me a good bit of translucency

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

I won't be grilling for the bowl, but the local publix had BOGO baby backs and spare ribs today along with a bunch of other stuff. Gonna do a couple racks in the oven with some different local rubs/sauces along with the other veggies and dips and such.

• Options

I won't be grilling. Though I may change my mind. Wife and daughter will be making this for the second time and possibly just assorted chips. Came out well on NYE. Loaded nachos.

• Options
    edited February 13, 2022 9:23AM

I was having a hard time debating for todays menu. Chili for nachos like thisistheshow was up there and then the store had ribs 2fer1 and that sealed it.

Rubbed and ready, gonna pop these in the oven around 3, should be ready for kickoff proper. Local ATL bbq rub on top (Fox Bros), my basic rub in #2 (garlic salt, chili powder, fresh cracked pepper).

• Options

Ribs are going, about to go get my squares from the watering hole to chase and pick up beverages for the game..

• Options

Almost there

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    edited February 13, 2022 4:29PM

I got another 30 on my ribs but looking good. Juicy dripping, gonna give them a bit and mop them up.

• Options

No pics here

1/2” T-bone MR

Ever hear of resting a steak? I’m resting after a steak. An unremarkable salad will be consumed after the game.

• Options

Got 3 flavor savors going here. Letting them sit for a min then gonna chop em up

• Options

And now is the time on sprockets when we dance...and scarf some bbq!

• Options
    edited February 13, 2022 8:44PM

If I had a buddy named Will Ferrell (I mean Ricky Bobby) and he was about to pray for a pre-race meal.........he'd tell sweet baby jesus to bless these ribs and throw a curse down on Mark and his Cali pork action in a devil went down to GA duel.

Dear Lord Baby Jesus, I want to thank you for this wonderful meal, my two beautiful sons, Walker and Texas Ranger, and my red-hot smokin' wife, Carley. And bless DrBusters slamming superbowl triple flavor savor ribs", but then this throws a wrench all up in it....

"I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagles wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm hammered drunk!”

• Options

Cause....ummmm, yeah

• Options
    edited February 23, 2022 7:25PM

• Options

Good gravy @hydrant there are children here... 🙃

• Options
    edited February 23, 2022 7:39PM