gl this weekend amigos!

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,192 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:
    gl this weekend amigos!

Good luck to you bud 🍻

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    I’m going to make my picks early so I don’t 2nd guess myself. I went 5-1 wagering last week. 5-0 after Philly and big on the bills. I’m going to breakdown the whys
    Tennessee-3.5
    Vrabel is 12-1 after a bye and the Bengals OL is the 20th ranked OL in football.
    Green Bay-5.5 Green Bay is 20-3 in their last 23 home games. Jimmy G is good for 2 bad Jimmy G plays a game.
    Tampa-3.5 Tom Brady is 20-1 in divisional home games.
    Buffalo +2. Bills #1 defense and Josh Allens threat of running and his legs are the difference. The Bills will stop Mahomes enough times to win. Kansas City will have 2 or more turnovers. Easily the best and most confident bet of the weekend.

Of course who’s winning and what I’m wagering are 2 different animals.

2 team teaser for 50
    Titans+2.5
    49ers +11.5

2 team teaser for 50
    Rams +9
    Bills +8.5

Buffalo-2.5 for 100

I’m feeling very confident of this game.
    Cincinnati is fun to watch but reminds me of Buffalo a few years ago. Just a couple years away. They went for Chase instead of OL help. It was absolutely the right move at the time but the line is weak. Next year they shore up that line and they’ll be right back in this spot again next year with this experience under their belt.

Tennessee-3.5 for 50

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,692 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:

if Jimmy Garoppolo -- who tried his very best to end his team's season in the 2nd half last week -- goes up to Lambeau and outplays Aaron Rodgers in his house........in his climate........with his team completely rested........then i deserve to eat it and be sent back to square one

it'll be a very easy pill to swallow bc it's a bet i'd make every day of the week and twice on Sunday. the only reason i didn't act earlier is because i was contemplating whether or not to mess with the point spread. i decided against it

Irrespective of all things GB as an advantage, SF has been clicking lately and winning, every week. The thing that can happen to a team with a week off b4 their 1rst playoff game is that it throws them off from the regular routine and they collectively come into the game and are just 'flat'. Routine is something that some athletes need to stay up. See this in NBA, MLB and NFL, where a team just comes in flat after time off. Don't know if that will matter here, but if anyone right now is in a position to beat GB if this does happen, it is SF and their momentum. I would say they would be a good bet for upset more than GB being a good bet to win in terms of payout.

Best, SH

My online coin store - https://www.desertmoonnm.com/
  • ldfergldferg Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭

Titans take it today. Julio Jones earns his money today. He’s been hurt and silent most of the year.

Packers take the night cap.

Bills over the Chiefs: 31-30

Bucs over the Rams: 27-26

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06

Looks like I made a mistake going against my golden rule. Bet the best QB. Yikes!

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • charliej2356charliej2356 Posts: 301 ✭✭✭

Cincinnati wins it -- nice game for Joe Burro -- Burro is now more famous than Dominic the Donkey.

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

@spacehayduke said:

Irrespective of all things GB as an advantage, SF has been clicking lately and winning, every week. The thing that can happen to a team with a week off b4 their 1rst playoff game is that it throws them off from the regular routine and they collectively come into the game and are just 'flat'. Routine is something that some athletes need to stay up. See this in NBA, MLB and NFL, where a team just comes in flat after time off. Don't know if that will matter here, but if anyone right now is in a position to beat GB if this does happen, it is SF and their momentum. I would say they would be a good bet for upset more than GB being a good bet to win in terms of payout.

Best, SH

@Darin said:

Uh oh, I sense trouble.
    Just a feeling but I think the Packers are soft and are ripe for an upset. San Fran is playing as good as anyone right now.

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭✭✭

Galaxy I loved seeing GB get beat but did not enjoy you losing a bet on it. :/
    You guys are gutsy for posting your wagers and I root for all of you as long
    as it doesn't involve betting against the Chiefs. :D

@Darin said:
    Galaxy I loved seeing GB get beat but did not enjoy you losing a bet on it. :/
    You guys are gutsy for posting your wagers and I root for all of you as long
    as it doesn't involve betting against the Chiefs. :D

all good in the hood..........it was house money

gl to your Chiefs tomorrow

• ldfergldferg Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭

Was pulling for the Titans. Kudos to Burrow.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06

1-1 ATS after last night. There is always an upset on Wild Card weekend but never have both #1 seeds lost.
    I’ve got to rethink the Bucs Rams game for awhile.

W.C.Fields

I came close to winning a $25 prop bet
    But the Titans screwed me.

I needed them to score more than 16.5 But Ofcourse Vrabel decides not to kick a FG and take points in a close game, I’m
    So glad they lost btw

I did bet $100 on Cincy in the beginning of the 4th Quarter with +135 odds and got paid $230

edited January 23, 2022 2:23PM

@perkdog
    That sucks. The Titans killed me also. I knew better, even stated after a huge week last week I would crash and burn. I did recover with the 49ers and have a teaser working with the Bills.
    It wouldn’t surprise me if all dogs covered. After yesterday who would have thought both 1 seeds would crash and burn.
    So without further ado.
    Working
    2 team teaser for 50
    49ers +11
    Bills +6

Today
    2 team teaser for 50
    Rams +9
    Bills +6

Bills +2 for 100

Edit to add these teasers should read
    Bills +8

W.C.Fields

if yesterday had not happened (both games decided on the final play of the game), i'd feel great about this one. but the law of averages has been tapping me on the shoulder ever since i placed this bet. i just hope i have the right side if one team gets it handed to them

@perkdog very nice in-play hit yesterday🍻

@galaxy27 said:
    @perkdog very nice in-play hit yesterday🍻

Thanks bud, sorry the Pack screwed ya.

Best of luck today 🍻👍🏼👍🏼

@2dueces said:
    @perkdog
    That sucks. The Titans killed me also. I knew better, even stated after a huge week last week I would crash and burn. I did recover with the 49ers and have a teaser working with the Bills.
    It wouldn’t surprise me if all dogs covered. After yesterday who would have thought both 1 seeds would crash and burn.
    So without further ado.
    Working
    2 team teaser for 50
    49ers +11
    Bills +6

Today
    2 team teaser for 50
    Rams +9
    Bills +6

Bills +2 for 100

Good luck to you as well Joe 🍻

So I cashed out yesterday’s winnings except for $20 which I put in play for today.

I’m just throwing a dart, but didn’t want to wager much and decided to just enjoy the games.

Can all 4 dogs win on wildcard weekend? I say yes they can and they will.

W.C.Fields

@perkdog said:

@2dueces said:
    @perkdog
    So without further ado.
    Working
    2 team teaser for 50
    49ers +11
    Bills +6

Today
    2 team teaser for 50
    Rams +9
    Bills +6

Bills +2 for 100

Good luck to you as well Joe 🍻

Should read Bills +8

W.C.Fields

if GB hadnt cut the cheese last night I was gonna hammer the Rams today

and that was before the really bizarre timing of these Brady retirement rumors that were swirling today AHEAD of the game

color me cynical, but that was like insider info being leaked

so disgusted that I had to bring a knife to a gunfight today

@galaxy27 said:

and that was before the really bizarre timing of these Brady retirement rumors that were swirling today AHEAD of the game

I’m going to miss the Over in this first game which will frost my rear end, I did not count on Brady playing like Rodgers yesterday

@perkdog said:

@galaxy27 said:

I’m going to miss the Over in this first game which will frost my rear end, I did not count on Brady playing like Rodgers yesterday

you are still very much alive on the over

@galaxy27 said:

@perkdog said:

@galaxy27 said:

you are still very much alive on the over

It’s going to be close, my fingers are crossed 🤞

Well like clockwork I got a nice Rear End Froster. The Bills just couldn’t hang on.

My buddy lost 4K yesterday on TOMPA then the Bills so I can’t complain too much

edited January 25, 2022 1:14PM

for some reason there's a slight variance with my account balance............it's like the line is floating after my bets are locked in or i'm earning interest or something. weirdness. anywho, i slapped my prodigious $100 profit thus far in the playoffs plus the mysterious $3.33 on Rors over in Dubai. if he dispatches of Morikawa it'll be graded in time for the champ games

@perkdog said:
    Well like clockwork I got a nice Rear End Froster. The Bills just couldn’t hang on.

between knowing what you and dueces had on the line, it was difficult for me to fully enjoy that game

such a horrific bad beat my man

it's in the rearview mirror..........get it this weekend

@galaxy27 said:

@perkdog said:

between knowing what you and dueces had on the line, it was difficult for me to fully enjoy that game

such a horrific bad beat my man

it's in the rearview mirror..........get it this weekend

Haha thank you buddy, it’s always good though. I know full well the feeling when the gambling gods decide to give me the middle finger lol.

I hope we all make money this weekend! 🍻🤞

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog I was serious when I said that Brady will retire. I really feel it. You can get great odds right now on that as far as I see. I have felt for months that he was going to retire.

@thisistheshow said:
    @perkdog I was serious when I said that Brady will retire. I really feel it. You can get great odds right now on that as far as I see. I have felt for months that he was going to retire.

Interesting I will check it out good sir!

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@thisistheshow said:

Interesting I will check it out good sir!

Looks like the odds have reversed. Hope you got them when they were good!

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

The lines on Sundays tilts have been rock solid all week. Still KC -7.5 and LA -3.5

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

@Justacommeman said:
    The lines on Sundays tilts have been rock solid all week. Still KC -7.5 and LA -3.5

m

I’m liking Cincy with the 7.5

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@Justacommeman said:

m

I’m liking Cincy with the 7.5

I think I do too but haven't done anything yet.

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

@thisistheshow i'm sure it's bittersweet, but great call bud. it does appear as if Brady is done.

Rory up by 6 shots on Collin heading into round 4, so it's time for me to start planning how i'm going to squander all of my profit tomorrow

edited January 30, 2022 10:43AM

Rory threw up all over himself last night and lost the golf tournament, but he beat Morikawa by 6 shots and eotd that's all my degenerate self really cares about??? ok not really, but kinda. back up to 178.21 since the playoffs started.

wasn't feeling the lines on either of these games today, so i wandered off into prop bet land and found this. if Cincinnati can't score a point in the first quarter then they have no business winning the game and most likely won't. if Cincinnati doesn't score a point in the first quarter then i have no business winning this bet and most definitely won't.

2 team teaser for 100
    Chiefs over 48.5
    Rams over 39.5

2 team teaser for 100
    Bengals +13
    49ers +9.5

W.C.Fields

by the skin of my teeth.............an FG with :40 left in the quarter. $225 now

Niners and the points in the 2nd game

All will be my customary $100
    NFL Super Bowl Odds

Bills +1300
    49ers +1400
    Rams +1400
    WFT +6000

From September. Looks like I’ll be hedging my Super Bowl future bets with something on the Bengals

W.C.Fields
    edited January 30, 2022 7:32PM

@2dueces said:
    2 team teaser for 100
    Chiefs over 48.5
    Rams over 39.5

2 team teaser for 100
    Bengals +13
    49ers +9.5

I need 20-20 tie and overtime to sweep the weekend and no pick six to lose both! 😳

W.C.Fields

Bad Jimmy G almost cost me both.

W.C.Fields

$300 in the black

no possible way i can sit on my hands for two weeks, so back to the links i go

quick story about Matthew Wolff. last Nov i went to the Houston Open with my girlfriend. on this particular day she was not feeling well, but she refused to leave. she loves golf tournaments just as much as i do, if not more, so nothing was going to ruin that day for her -- not even some pretty severe abdominal cramps. she was in no shape to walk much, so she hung back near 18 green, 10 tee, and the clubhouse. she gave me the green light to go out on the course and follow some guys, so i did. when i got back, she had some fresh ink on a golf ball with 'Wolffie' written on it.

"ok let's hear it," i said.

5 minutes prior to him walking over and signing some autographs, she had gone to the bathroom and unloaded her tear ducts. so the remnants were still there in her eyes, and Matthew Wolff caught wind of it. in addition to signing her ball, he spoke with her briefly and asked if she was ok. naturally, she's borderline in love with the guy now. :D

yet another anecdote that serves as a reminder of why pro golfers are the best. here's to you, Wolffie. win me some money bro.

• RobMRobM Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

So let's just say someone had a recent $150 futures bet on the Bungles to win $1275. Are there any good hedging strategies via prop bets or teasers, etc., that can minimize the disappointment if the Rams win. Then again, this someone was already smart enough to bet against the teams with the highest paid QBs. With the Bengals as underdog,there probably isn't much that can be done but just pray for them to win.

edited February 1, 2022 2:24PM

kept waiting for fire hydrant to house me for the week so i could just drive to pebble, but he's busy with the rams so i'll hang back in TX and bet on it

@RobM Rams are currently showing -193 at my book. i've got nothing at the moment, but maybe someone else will come along and offer up a more sophisticated & cost-effective option than just simply dropping some coin on LA to win outright

@RobM said:
    So let's just say someone had a recent $150 futures bet on the Bungles to win $1275. Are there any good hedging strategies via prop bets or teasers, etc., that can minimize the disappointment if the Rams win. Then again, this someone was already smart enough to bet against the teams with the highest paid QBs. With the Bengals as underdog,there probably isn't much that can be done but just pray for them to win.

I had a $100 futures bet on the Rams to pay $1400. See above posts. I might hedge that bet slightly. Probably $400 on the Bengals. Or I may just let it ride if I have enough confidence that the Rams win outright. But it is the smart bet to hedge it if that helps.

W.C.Fields
  • RobMRobM Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

@2dueces,
    Cool. Having the futures bet on the eventual favorite is a much better position to be in. You can bet Bengals ATS, and have a chance to win both bets. Betting money line on Bengals is going to limit you to cashing one ticket. At+165, a $400 bet means $900 profit if Rams win, and $560 if Bengals win. With ATS bet it would be $900 if Rams win by 5 or more, $260 if Bengals win, and $1,660 if the Rams win by 1-4 points. With the Bengals on my futures ticket, I would have to bet the Rams on the money line to guarantee a winning ticket. But at -200, i'd have to bet $300 just to break even if Rams win. I'll probably just take my chances with the Bengals on the futures ticket.

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 11, 2022 6:05AM

They did the number draw for the $100/sq board I'm in yesterday. Got Rams 8/Bengals 5 for my 1 square. Could be a good set for 2nd half.

Another buddy of mine got 8/8, could be a good one.

@DrBuster said:
    They did the number draw for the $100/sq board I'm in yesterday. Got Rams 8/Bengals 5 for my 1 square. Could be a good set for 2nd half.

Another buddy of mine got 8/8, could be a good one.

5 is not really a good number but in the super bowl the chances of something stupid happening like a safety or whatever is usually pretty good.

Cincy 35 Rams 28 works pretty good