Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What does it take to get PSA to add a new set/accept a new set for grading?

I know and have personally experienced PSAs reluctance to add or note uncataloged variations on their labels but I am having incredible difficulty getting PSA to grade a fully licensed, USA made and distributed, mass market non-sport card set. I have sent them everything they could possibly need to "verify" the cards, down to the still-active links to their original catalog/order form information for retailers and they still give these cards "NO SPEC INFO NO GRADE." It really seems like they are ignoring the wealth of data supplied to them (per their request) and I'm stumped as to why they refuse to grade while SGC and others do.

Does anyone have any direct contacts, advice or pointers in getting info through to them?

fka jacksoncoupage, comc.com: junkwaxgems, ebay: junkwaxgems

Comments

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭✭

What is it?

• Options
    junkwaxgemsjunkwaxgems Posts: 239 ✭✭✭

@RufussCkingston said:
    What is it?

2008 Warner Bros. The Dark Knight Stickers

• Options
    vols1vols1 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭

@junkwaxgems said:

• Options

@vols1 said:

@junkwaxgems said:

Kind of what I suspected. I doubt 4SC or whoever would run into any issues with these.

• Options

Is there anyone on these boards with a contact at PSA who handles or can review new set information?

I have all of the info in one handy, easy-to-digest email that I can forward if so. Any leads appreciated.

• Options
    jimqjimq Posts: 256 ✭✭✭

Did you try CRC yet? I had a postcard they had not graded yet, sent a request to CRC, gave them the information, and everything went smoothly. I emailed back and forth with Elizabeth Dumas and she was really helpful.

• Options
    AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

Please send it to me. DM will be fine.

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • Options

@AFLfan said:
    Please send it to me. DM will be fine.

Thank you. PM sent.

• Options

@jimq said:
    Did you try CRC yet? I had a postcard they had not graded yet, sent a request to CRC, gave them the information, and everything went smoothly. I emailed back and forth with Elizabeth Dumas and she was really helpful.

Im unfamiliar with the acronym, what is CRC? And if you have contact for her, I would greatly appreciate it.

• Options

https://www.psacard.com/myaccount/customerrequestcenter is customer request center I'll try to find her email

• Options

@jimq said:
    https://www.psacard.com/myaccount/customerrequestcenter is customer request center I'll try to find her email

I see. Yes, I did fill one of these out and received the auto reply. I believe it was around two weeks ago. Since that time, the set has been added to TCDB with packaging pics and a checklist.

• Options

If you still want to try Elizabeth Dumas all I found for an email was psa-crc@psacard.com, nothing directly to her. Sorry :( I got the auto-response and then heard from her a couple days later. Very helpful

• Options

@jimq said:
    If you still want to try Elizabeth Dumas all I found for an email was psa-crc@psacard.com, nothing directly to her. Sorry :( I got the auto-response and then heard from her a couple days later. Very helpful

Thank you, this is helpful and I sent an email to that address attn: Elizabeth Dumas. Fingers crossed.

• Options

Any luck finding out information about PSA verifying this set? I find it strange that other companies have graded these, they are licensed, and yet still PSA will not recognize these sticker cards. The movie/cards came out in 2008 and still we can't get them graded. Seems weird.