Home Sports Talk

Black Monday

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm going to try and keep track of who gets canned in the NFL, welcome to.......Black Monday!

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Broncos have fired Vic Fangio already.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

Zimmer and Nagy both should be gone immediately

@doubledragon said:
    The Broncos have fired Vic Fangio already.

Elway should fire himself for his inability to find a serviceable QB

edited January 10, 2022 4:42AM

There was a rumor that the Seahawks were considering firing Pete Carroll, but I think he might be staying.

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pete Carroll is not one of my favorite coaches because of the mess he made while he was Head Coach of the Patriots. Still I don’t think he deserves the can. He might be ready for retirement due to his age.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dolphins just fired Brian Flores even though he led them to a winning record over the past two seasons.

@erikthredd said:
    Dolphins just fired Brian Flores even though he led them to a winning record over the past two seasons.

WOW

That is surprising about Brian Flores, and they had a good run going the second half of this season, I would have given him another season with a healthy Tua.

There it is, the Bears just fired head coach Matt Nagy and GM Ryan Pace.

edited January 10, 2022 10:58AM

The Vikings fired head coach Mike Zimmer and GM Rick Spielman.

@doubledragon said:
    There it is, the Bears just fired head coach Matt Nagy and GM Ryan Pace.

@galaxy27 has been partying all day in anticipation of this, he is too drunk to respond, he will be back when he sobers up.

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

Giants Gettleman Announces retirement

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Giants GM Dave Gettleman thankfully falls on the sword and retires

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭✭

The Lions team was fired....they're looking for 52 players to fill the spots. The owner gave himself a raise and a new car.

@2dueces said:
    Giants Gettleman Announces retirement

@Justacommeman said:
    Giants GM Dave Gettleman thankfully falls on the sword and retires

mark

Reminds me of Law Enforcement. “Retires” before they fire him.

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have the Chargers fired Brandon Staley yet?
    Here was the 4th down conversation I eavesdropped on.......

Justin Herbert- Its 82 yards to the end zone, we got a 4th and 1,
    half a case of gatorade, its dark, and it would be insane to go for it.

Coach Staley- Hit it.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Joe Judge is gone.

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭✭✭

Has Stefanski been let go? I would have thought he'd get the boot before Flores did.

@Justacommeman said:
    Joe Judge is gone.

m

Oh do they really are attempting to put out that dumpster fire in NY then

Why Brandon Staley isn't allowed to hang with Batman anymore....

Batman- Brandon, can you tell me why a mob of Charger fans' are chasing us?

Brandon- I used to coach the Chargers.

Batman- And............

Brandon- I went for it on fourth down on my own 18 yard line and the game wasn't even
    on the line or anything, time wasn't running out on us or anything.

Batman- Anything else............

Brandon- I called timeout when the Raiders were going to let the clock run out and the
    game would have ended in a tie and we would have gotten into the playoffs.

Batman- Ka-boom Brandon!
    How did you get hired as head coach anyway?

Brandon- They thought I was an adult.
    I gave them a fake ID, they thought I was someone named Bruce Wayne.

Batman- I'm sorry Brandon, I'm going to have to let you go,
    I was looking for a boy wonder, not the boy blunder.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.

Analytics are just numbers. The # s might say go for it on 4th and 1 from your own 18. But real world situations don’t factor in.
    On the road, hostile environment. QB with his hands on his ear holes all game long because he couldn’t hear. OL has to go on ball movement instead of snap count because they can hear the cadence.
    Ball to Derek Carr on the 18?
    Real world vs #’s on paper.
    PUNT. Stop trying to be a hero.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

@2dueces said:
    Analytics are just numbers. The # s might say go for it on 4th and 1 from your own 18. But real world situations don’t factor in.
    On the road, hostile environment. QB with his hands on his ear holes all game long because he couldn’t hear. OL has to go on ball movement instead of snap count because they can hear the cadence.
    Ball to Derek Carr on the 18?
    Real world vs #’s on paper.
    PUNT. Stop trying to be a hero.

I don't care what Brandon Staley does the rest of his career,
    to me he will forever be known as the Boy Blunder.
    He pretty much lost the Chiefs game when they played each other for the second time in the regular season.
    Kept going for it on 4th down and not making it. They would have won with field goals, simple as that.
    To me it seemed like he wanted to beat the Chiefs by 25 points instead of by 10 points. It was just foolish.
    But great to have him coaching the Chargers if you're a fan of any other AFC west team. B)

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
  • BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:

This is an indication of why Miami has not gotten anywhere since their glory days with Schulla. Firing Flores was definitely a shoot your self in the foot move.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

@BillJones said:

@erikthredd said:

This is an indication of why Miami has not gotten anywhere since their glory days with Schulla. Firing Flores was definitely a shoot your self in the foot move.

One of them wanted Tua and one of them didn’t. I think it’s that simple. This is the best thing that could happen to Brian Flores. He’s a good coach, the players love him and he will land it a better situation.

W.C.Fields
    edited January 14, 2022 6:24AM

David Culley waits 30 years for a head coaching job and is out after 1 year. The Texans were a cluster and I believe he did the best with what he had. Bill O’Brien left that franchise in such disrepair it will take 5 years of perfect execution to bring it back to a .500 team. The only glimmer of hope in the near future is if someone takes Watson off their hands for a couple of first rounders. They’re asking for 3 which is pretty outrageous considering the charges against him.

W.C.Fields