Home Sports Talk
Options

Who wins the Super Bowl? Cast your vote now!

galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

only 10 poll options allowed

Who wins the Super Bowl? Cast your vote now!

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 10, 2022 3:27AM
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Of course I'm rooting for Dallas because I'm the owner of the team, but I just can't bet against number 12 for the Bucs.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 10, 2022 4:51AM
    Tennessee Titans

I think Tennessee, my second guess is Green Bay.

• Options
    zippcityzippcity Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    Tennessee Titans

Tennessee and Green Bay

Save our Country. Positive BST: Collectorcoins- Mariner020648- profharoldhill- coppertoning- agentjim007- cucamongacoin- ElKevo- mercurydimeguy- Utahcoin-AJAAN-AUandAG- surfinxhi- ZoidMeister- TwoSides2acoin-
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 12, 2022 9:37AM
    Green Bay Packers

I voted for Green Bay. Tennessee might be up there too if their running back stays healthy.

I don’t see Tampa making a big run this year. They have a lot of injuries among their receivers and running backs, and the defense has had a bad habit of getting off to slow starts. You often can’t fall behind in play-off games early and expect to survive. Look at the games with the Jets and the Panthers. Tampa fell behind early to weak teams, and Brady pulled them out of a certain defeat in New York.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Green Bay Packers

I'd like to see Stafford and the Rams do it but GB has looked the best the past couple weeks..

• Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Green Bay Packers

I've been a Packers since the Ice Bowl. Bart Star my all time favorite. If not them,then Tampa Bay. We're seeing history being made. If not them, then the Cowboys. My grandson is a big fan. I know, there's only so much you can do trying to raise him.

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

If had to put money on it , I'd say the Packers. Of course I'd like it to be the Rams.......the 49ers beat the Rams yesterday, just barely, but the Rams rested some starters and that figured into it.......but......the 49ers could be the big surprise.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buffalo Bills

Whoever gets hot and stays hot.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Green Bay Packers

Packers have been the most consistent team all year.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 10, 2022 12:23PM
    Green Bay Packers

Voting with my head and not my heart. GB is getting healthy at the right time and all NFL roads lead through GB. They only have to win two home games to get to the SB. Same could be said for the Titans if they can get back Henry for playoffs.

I like SF as a real dark horse . I'll be rooting for TB

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tenn vs Dal...if Henry and AB are healthy Tenn will be tough to beat, though I can see KC getting there too.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    firstbase23firstbase23 Posts: 448 ✭✭✭

Go Niners!!!!

Matt

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buffalo Bills

So far no votes for the Cardinals or the Rams is surprising.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers

I always pick the Brady led team. I understand that it looks less than likely this year, but until he is eliminated I will stick with the Bucs.

My first rooting priority is for the Patriots. @perkdog @erikthredd @craig44 and any other Patriots fans, let me get your opinion on something. How does this year of playoffs feel different for you? For me, it isn't the usual "Super Bowl or bust". So I feel like I will hopefully be able to enjoy it more even if the Patriots are one and done. But I am not sure. It might depend on how they look versus the Bills.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tennessee Titans

@thisistheshow said:
    I always pick the Brady led team. I understand that it looks less than likely this year, but until he is eliminated I will stick with the Bucs.

My first rooting priority is for the Patriots. @perkdog @erikthredd @craig44 and any other Patriots fans, let me get your opinion on something. How does this year of playoffs feel different for you? For me, it isn't the usual "Super Bowl or bust". So I feel like I will hopefully be able to enjoy it more even if the Patriots are one and done. But I am not sure. It might depend on how they look versus the Bills.

As soon as Brady left I have been so much more relaxed and not as emotionally invested in Patriots games for the exact reason you stated. With Brady it was definitely “Super Bowl VICTORY or bust”.

Now I don’t stress one bit about the games, I’m sincerely satisfied with everything they have done. It’s great to see Jones and the development of this new team but no stress involved.

If they lose to Buffalo it’s not that big of deal, I want them to win but won’t be pissed if they lose.

Now if by some chance they get to the AFC Championship game the stress will miraculously come back I’m sure 😂😂😂

• Options
    Dallas Cowboys

@2dueces said:

i will be shocked if Arizona wins on Monday. key guys hurt, the team has played like absolute crap the past month or so........if not for that road victory against Dallas (where did that come from?) they would be riding a 5-game L streak heading into the playoffs. if the Rams don't take care of them at home then McVay's seat needs to be tossed into an oven and warmed up to about 425 degrees F

as for my pick, i just have a funny feeling about these playoffs. the only predictable team all season has been the Packers. seems like every other team has had at least one WTF moment at some point. i'm banking on more unpredictability, and what could be more unpredictable than the Dallas Cowboys winning it all for the first time in a quarter century?

when they are right, they have as much talent as any team in the league. but again, those WTF moments. it's gonna boil down to who can avoid them and consistently play to expectations.

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers

@thisistheshow said:

I feel the same in regards to picking Brady & the Bucs to win. We've seen him go deep in the playoffs numerous times with far less talent.
    As far as the Patriots making the playoffs, I think they're playing with house money right now after they've exceeded my expectations once they decided to start a rookie QB from day one. Having said that I still think this saturday night's game in Buffalo is still a winnable game for them as long as they take care of the ball on offense and put some points on the board early.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers

@thisistheshow said:

I have enjoyed this season more than any other since 2001. since Tom left, i can actually not feel as though i need blood pressure medication when they fall behind. When Tom was with the team, my expectations were always so high that any season they didnt win the super bowl was a huge blow to me.

this year with Mac, I have fully been able to enjoy the ride, watch the progression and not feel aggravated for a week when they lose.

usually, the playoffs were a 5 week or so period of time when i was just stressed out. this year i am really excited.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers

@erikthredd said:

@thisistheshow said:

I feel the same in regards to picking Brady & the Bucs to win. We've seen him go deep in the playoffs numerous times with far less talent.
    As far as the Patriots making the playoffs, I think they're playing with house money right now after they've exceeded my expectations once they decided to start a rookie QB from day one. Having said that I still think this saturday night's game in Buffalo is still a winnable game for them as long as they take care of the ball on offense and put some points on the board early.

I agree. this is a winnable game. they cant fall behind though. at this stage, Mac will not do well coming from behind.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭
    Dallas Cowboys

I feel like Dallas is peaking at the right time

• Options

@VikingDude said:

Was the 25-22 loss to the Cardinals in the last game of the season part of the Cowboys "peaking?" 😇

• Options
    Dallas Cowboys

@Hydrant said:

@VikingDude said:

Was the 25-22 loss to the Cardinals in the last game of the season part of the Cowboys "peaking?" 😇

at least he voted!

where you at big boy??

• Options
    edited January 12, 2022 12:10PM

@2dueces said:

Doesn't surprise me. Murray is overrated. He's a fumble machine. The Rams don't have a credible running game. Pass, pass, pass, and pass some more. The Rams got so desperate last week against the 49ers that they had Cooper Kupp run the ball from the backfield on one play. It was their longest run from scrimmage for the whole game. 18 yards? If they could clone Kupp and have him play receiver and running back simultaneously..... the Rams would be the World Champs. Cooper Kupp is league MVP in my opinion. Never happen. He is an amazing player. Best receiver in the league, great open field runner, his blocking talent and instincts are as good or better than any player in the league, runs back punts and kickoffs too. Without a doubt..... the very best all around football player I have ever seen.......I'm not alone in that opinion. MVP......but it won't happen.

• Options
    edited January 14, 2022 7:28PM

@galaxy27 said:

@Hydrant said:

@VikingDude said:

at least he voted!

where you at big boy??

San Francisco.

• Options
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers

@craig44 said:

@thisistheshow said:

I have enjoyed this season more than any other since 2001. since Tom left, i can actually not feel as though i need blood pressure medication when they fall behind. When Tom was with the team, my expectations were always so high that any season they didnt win the super bowl was a huge blow to me.

this year with Mac, I have fully been able to enjoy the ride, watch the progression and not feel aggravated for a week when they lose.

usually, the playoffs were a 5 week or so period of time when i was just stressed out. this year i am really excited.

It is amazing how stressful it all became.

I didn't really feel completely stressed until 2007, as far as I remember. The first SB was so unexpected, and then the others seemed to come with ease. But the undefeated season, as it came to an end, became too much. As I've said before, I knew we were in trouble when we lost to the Giants the last week if the regular season. Then losing the SB. Then Brady hurt week one the next season. Then it started to feel like it was over, but always like it was SB or bust. Mix in 2011, which was the worst for me. Then every year just waiting to see if we would get a bye, home field, etc. It all was stressful.

But I wouldn't trade it for anything. We experienced success no other modern day fans did. Then 28-3 capped it off for me. Now we get to enjoy the ride. I don't know if I can say, like @craig44 , that this was my favorite since the first one. But it is up there. And I feel like I have been able to enjoy the rest of the NFL weekend so much more. If the Pats we're playing in the 4pm slot Sunday, a Patriots loss used to kill the Sunday night game for me. I couldn't watch.

• Options
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers

I'd gladly deal with the stress if it meant more playoff success for NE,that's just the nature of the beast when its a one and done elimination. Sure some losses were gut wrenching,watching as a fan, but having been able to watch so many huge wins with my son and old man,those memories will forever be irreplaceable.

• Options
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers

@erikthredd said:
    I'd gladly deal with the stress if it meant more playoff success for NE,that's just the nature of the beast when its a one and done elimination. Sure some losses were gut wrenching,watching as a fan, but having been able to watch so many huge wins with my son and old man,those memories will forever be irreplaceable.

Like I said, I wouldn't trade it for anything. I am definitely not complaining by bringing this up. I just find it interesting how different it is watching now. Believe me, I hope the stress comes back.

• Options
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

Like I said, I wouldn't trade it for anything. I am definitely not complaining by bringing this up. I just find it interesting how different it is watching now. Believe me, I hope the stress comes back.

I was going to link that Browns suck thread from keets to show what the other end of the spectrum looks like but it must have been removed when he got banned.

• Options
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers

@erikthredd said:

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

I was going to link that Browns suck thread from keets to show what the other end of the spectrum looks like but it must have been removed when he got banned.

Slightly OT, but I was just thinking about how great the other Boston success was that was mixed in. Of course the long awaited Red Sox World Series win in 04. Plus the other three. And the Bruins winning the cup in 2011. And the Celtics in 2008. Such an unbelievable stretch.

• Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭
    Dallas Cowboys

@Hydrant said:

@VikingDude said:

Huh? There were actually 17 games this year - Dallas beat the Eagles 51-26 in the last (17th) game.

• Options
    edited January 12, 2022 7:44PM
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

Slightly OT, but I was just thinking about how great the other Boston success was that was mixed in. Of course the long awaited Red Sox World Series win in 04. Plus the other three. And the Bruins winning the cup in 2011. And the Celtics in 2008. Such an unbelievable stretch.

I told my son numerous times how lucky he's been to see not only one local team win a championship but all of the local teams win at least one. Enjoy it while we can lol because I remember those awful teams in Boston/NE before all of the success.

on a sidenote: The Celtics just won their 3rd game in a row and that is cause for celebration this season lol. Finally back to .500

• Options
    Dallas Cowboys

day of the playoffs bump

i have my eye on the number of votes, and i know when they were cast

if someone chimes in after cincy/vegas starts, that unfortunate soul will be forced to consume one of these

at first blush at has the appearance of a hot dog, but in truth it's the appendage of a triceratops from 200 million years ago

• Options
    edited January 15, 2022 11:47AM

@VikingDude said:

@Hydrant said:

@VikingDude said:

Huh? There were actually 17 games this year - Dallas beat the Eagles 51-26 in the last (17th) game.

Guess I missed that one......that's what I get for trying to be funny.......From now on I'll leave the humor department to The Dragon Master.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers

@Hydrant said:

@VikingDude said:

@Hydrant said:

@VikingDude said:

Guess I missed that one......that's what I get for trying to be funny.......From now on I'll leave the humor department to The Dragon Master.

• Options

That's what I mean. ^^^^^^😂

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kansas City Chiefs

KC has momentum right now, won 9 of their last 10 and still have the best QB outside of Herbert ;) ........... Mahomes has thrown 12 D's against 1 int in the last 5 games with a QBR out of this world. I am thinking they are ready to roll.

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    Tennessee Titans

TN and TB. Hoping for a Derrick Henry return next week.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 25, 2022 10:26PM

Cincinnati Bengals

I like this team.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers

@Darin said:
    Buffalo Bills

So far my pre playoff pick is correct after the Bills absolutely destroyed the Pats.

Destroyed? That might be a slight exaggeration.

Just kidding

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Tompa terrific...because he seems to constantly have this uncanny ability to find a way to win. I think the Bucs cover either the Rams or Cards next Sunday. Odds obviously will continue to tighten.
    He's got some Karma going his way, life couldn't be better for this guy, and if he wins, he'll pack it in and just wait for the inevitable induction ceremony. This while probably skiing in Chamonix, France, or cruising in his Wajer 77, $6m yacht.

Odds to win the 2022 Super Bowl 56 according to Bovada Sportsbook
    Schedule for February 6th, 2022

Updated on January 17, 2022

SUPER BOWL 56 (2022) - Odds to Win
    Super Bowl 56 Winner
    Green Bay Packers +350
    Kansas City Chiefs +400
    Buffalo Bills +500
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers +500
    San Francisco 49ers +850
    Tennessee Titans +900
    Los Angeles Rams +1200
    Cincinnati Bengals +1500
    Arizona Cardinals +2500

SCHEDULE

When do the 2022 NFL playoffs begin?
    Super Wild Card Weekend
    Saturday, Jan. 15

(4) Bengals 26, (5) Raiders 19
    (3) Bills 47, (6) Patriots 17
    Sunday, Jan. 16

(2) Buccaneers 31, (7) Eagles 15
    (6) 49ers 23, (3) Cowboys 17
    (2) Chiefs 42, (7) Steelers 21
    Monday, Jan. 17

(5) Cardinals at (4) Rams: 8:15 p.m. ET (ABC/ESPN) Stream: fuboTV (try for free).
    Divisional Round
    Saturday, Jan. 22
    (4) Bengals at (1) Titans, 4:35 p.m. ET (CBS)
    (6) 49ers at (1) Packers, 8:15 p.m. ET (Fox)

Sunday, Jan. 23
    Cardinals/Rams at (2) Buccaneers , 3:05 p.m. ET (NBC)
    (3) Bills at (2) Chiefs, 6:30 p.m. ET (CBS)

Championship Sunday
    Jan. 30
    AFC Championship
    3:05 p.m. ET (CBS)

NFC Championship
    6:40 p.m. ET (Fox)

Super Bowl LVI
    Feb. 13
    AFC champion vs. NFC champion in Los Angeles, 6:30 p.m. ET (NBC)

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cincinnati Bengals

Sorry folks can't stop now, this is obviously why the Chiefs beat the Bills so I'm not about to let my team down now.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.