Home Sports Talk
Options

The Cowboys obliterate the Eagles

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,970 ✭✭✭✭✭

My Cowboys destroyed the Eagles yesterday 51-26, and Dak Prescott threw 5 TD passes.

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

Somewhere out there @stevek might have destroyed his TV set 🤷‍♂️

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

It was against the Eagles junior varsity.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options

@perkdog said:
    Somewhere out there @stevek might have destroyed his TV set 🤷‍♂️

That's right, I forgot about poor Mr. K, he's a huge Eagles fan. Steve, if you're out there reading this, I'm sorry for what my boys had to do yesterday, it's nothing personal, just business.

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cowboys gave up 26 points to Phillies 2nd/3rd string players. And the Eagles had no idea how to play pass defense yesterday.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

@Steven59 said:
    Cowboys gave up 26 points to Phillies 2nd/3rd string players. And the Eagles had no idea how to play pass defense yesterday.

Yes, the 26 points does bother me a bit, we have to get that straightened out before the playoffs, I'll have to talk to Mike and Dan about that.

• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

@Steven59 said:

Yes, the 26 points does bother me a bit, we have to get that straightened out before the playoffs, I'll have to talk to Mike and Dan about that.

Diggs and Parsons missed the game. 2 major players in the Cowboys D.

• Options
    edited January 9, 2022 6:09PM

@LandrysFedora said:

@doubledragon said:

@Steven59 said:

[Diggs and Parsons missed the game. 2 major players in the Cowboys D.]

Well that's 2 ---------- "The Eagles sat every starter on defense - on offense, only played two regular starters, center Jason Kelce and WR DeVotna Smith.

Kelce played only one snap, which was all the veteran needed to extend his streak of consecutive starts to 122, and Smith broke DeSean Jackson’s rookie record for most receiving yards in a season.

And as soon as he did Smith’s night was over."

https://www.si.com/nfl/eagles/news/backups-no-match-for-cowboys-first-string

• Options

@Steven59 said:

@LandrysFedora said:

@doubledragon said:

@Steven59 said:

[Diggs and Parsons missed the game. 2 major players in the Cowboys D.]

Well that's 2 ---------- "The Eagles sat every starter on defense - on offense, only played two regular starters, center Jason Kelce and WR DeVotna Smith.

Kelce played only one snap, which was all the veteran needed to extend his streak of consecutive starts to 122, and Smith broke DeSean Jackson’s rookie record for most receiving yards in a season.

And as soon as he did Smith’s night was over."

https://www.si.com/nfl/eagles/news/backups-no-match-for-cowboys-first-string

Yeah I understand that. I don't like when decisions are made to sit starters in games like that. It's so much more satisfying when the Cowboys beat the Eagles at full strength of both teams. But different teams, different philosophies. I believe Aaron Rodgers played today in a meaningless game for Green Bay. The losers are the Eagle fans who paid good hard earned money to watch their team put a sub par product on the field. They should be issued refunds.

• Options

[ The losers are the Eagle fans who paid good hard earned money to watch their team put a sub par product on the field. They should be issued refunds.]

Indeed. Same as the Cleveland fans and the Cincy fans that made the trek to Cleveland - they paid full price everything to watch a preseason game that didn't mean squat.

• Options

@Steven59 said:

[ The losers are the Eagle fans who paid good hard earned money to watch their team put a sub par product on the field. They should be issued refunds.]

Indeed. Same as the Cleveland fans and the Cincy fans that made the trek to Cleveland - they paid full price everything to watch a preseason game that didn't mean squat.

Absolutely. Just like in baseball spring training games it's the same deal. I live in Florida and make it to several games every season, I live near Roger Dean Stadium (Marlins/Cardinals spring home) and you wouldn't believe how they raise the prices across the board for "premium" games when, for example, the Yankees come across state for their one and only visit and you get there and find out they only brought 2 starters if you're lucky. I've made that mistake before. It's always the fans paying the good money who lose out. I really have to choose my games carefully if I want to see a good compliment of starting players, one rule is never go to early or late in the schedule games.

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭✭✭

These Cowboys obliterated these Eagles, too.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@countdouglas said:
    These Cowboys obliterated these Eagles, too.

i sure hope that wasn't stevek

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wouldn’t get too excited about the Cowboys just yet. They played a 3rd place schedule and are in probably the weakest division in football. 6-0 in division and 6-5 against the rest of the NFL. Losses to 4 playoff teams. The only playoff team ( besides the Eagles) they beat was an early victory against the Patriots.
    I’m picking the 49ers to beat Dallas just because the 49ers have played much tougher opposition

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 16, 2022 6:02PM

Let’s see … a meaningless game where the Eagles benched their starters to avoid injury.

You might also note that the Green Bay Packers lost to the Detroit Lions. Is anyone on the Lion’s Super Bowl train for next year because of that?

The Cowboys have been beating upon the weak teams in their division, the Eagles, Giants and Washington No Names. I don’t see any world beaters in that group. That’s hardly impressive. I might remind you that they lost at home to a slumping Cardinals team.

Postscript: Sorry but I told you so.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?